Trying to get back on track from drugs

Trying to get back on track from drugs

There are 33 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Trying to get back on track from drugs. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

NASCAR driver Aaron Fike understands where he was headed when he was arrested while shooting up heroin in an amusement park parking lot this summer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Snow

United States

#22 Dec 2, 2007
fan of all wrote:
<quoted text>No illegal drugs were involved with Billy .....and this is a NASCAR forum, not apolitical forum
No
Billy does not inhale...

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#23 Dec 2, 2007
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> No
Billy does not inhale...
Oh great - I had a mouth full of coffee and I spewed it all over my monitor!!!!!!

Funny!!!!!!!!!!

(I was thinking about the 'cigar' thing!!!)
satch

Lawrenceville, GA

#24 Dec 4, 2007
Give the guy a chance. Yes drug addiction is a terrible way of life - rather common way to get hooked on heroin though - thats why they fined not only the company who produces oxycontin - but went after the executives also. Imagine the withdrawl this kid went through in jail . If you have no knowledge of opiate withdrawl and the pain and suffering that this young man went through it is difficult for narrow minded people to forgive him. He will do a much greater service to all if he spends time warning kids about the life of a drug addict.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#25 Dec 4, 2007
NASCARBarb wrote:
Congratulations on the clean 5 months. The clean road is a long haul. Hope he makes it. NASCAR is right in making a slow decision on reinstatement. Aaron has a good plan. Hope he continues to do well. Kids need to see that superheros do make mistakes and PAY for them like any other person. Good luck Aaron.
Good point!!!!!!!!!!
libertarian

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Dec 4, 2007
Bill wrote:
I really don't have much compassion for druggies.
better put that cup of coffee down...
asdf

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Dec 4, 2007
NASCARBarb wrote:
Congratulations on the clean 5 months. The clean road is a long haul. Hope he makes it. NASCAR is right in making a slow decision on reinstatement. Aaron has a good plan. Hope he continues to do well. Kids need to see that superheros do make mistakes and PAY for them like any other person. Good luck Aaron.
This no talent punk is a superhero? He is a junkie and a loser who deserves nothing more than our spite. Anyone who gets into that crap doesnt deserve a second chance. No one forced him to do it, he chose to take that crap into his body. Now he has to deal with the consequences.
chris

AOL

#28 Dec 24, 2007
give the kid a break!!!!

“close the gate behind you”

Since: Sep 07

Lexington, KY

#29 Dec 24, 2007
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
This no talent punk is a superhero? He is a junkie and a loser who deserves nothing more than our spite. Anyone who gets into that crap doesnt deserve a second chance.
it appears you are harboring enough spite for the rest of us.

as far as a second chance goes , i would wager with a high degree of certainty that there are people ,be it proffessionals or lay persons , you encounter in your everyday travels that have at some point or another struggled with addictions of one form or another that have overcome them to lead a "normal" life and that a vast majority of the folks that encounter those people would never know. most , not all , deserve a second chance.

good luck Aaron.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#30 Dec 25, 2007
Good luck Aaron wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas. Make 08 a good year and thank your Maker everyday for a second chance....
Hunglo

Enfield, CT

#31 Dec 25, 2007
He'll never race on a national level again unless the Betty Ford Clinic decides to sponsor a car. It's a shame, the kid has alot of talent, but then there are hundreds of talented drivers out their that will never get the chance that he blew. Many people take pain medications, when you stick a needle in your own arm the first time that's a pretty good sign that your in trouble. He should have sought help then, not when he was arrested.
Frank

Honokaa, HI

#32 Jan 24, 2008
Don't let this guy back in NASCAR, Once you do drugs you always go back to it, It's just 4 months and he wants to come back, No sir, Ban him for life, And let this be a warning to all others that think they can do drugs and get away with it, You did it, Now you pay the price. No Racing for ya..
nick sun prairie

Madison, WI

#33 Apr 7, 2008
good job buddy cant wait to see you at the prairie

Since: Feb 08

Fairfax, VA

#34 Apr 7, 2008
I don't like quitters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News English Tradition (Aug '11) Aug '11 waid green 1
News Tim McCreadie quick in Daytona test runs (Jan '08) Mar '10 Steve Desrosier 3
News Teresa M. Stump (Oct '09) Oct '09 Tim Covey 1
News RAB Racing counting on NASCAR veteran David Gre... (Sep '09) Sep '09 carolyn from fontana 1
News Kentuckys born stock-car racers are fading (Jun '08) Jun '08 tombo 18
News Cheating in NASCAR? We like to call it innovation (Mar '08) Mar '08 Lets go racing 1
News Back To Basics: Saturday Night At Nashville Ret... (Jun '07) Jun '07 Jennifer Watts 1
More from around the web