Gillett Evernham to buy out Bill Davis, switch to Toyota

Sep 15, 2008 Full story: blog.al.com 61

Here's a blockbuster of a story, by way of Fox Sports. According to multiple sources, a deal is in the works for George Gillett, majority owner of Gillett Evernham Motorsports, to buy out Bill Davis' Sprint Cup ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Sterling, IL

#1 Sep 15, 2008
Wow. Now will they use Blaney or hire someone in? They could just keep PC instead. In the article it says If the Ganassi-Waltrip merger rumor proves to be true Ganassi would use Toyota and leave dodge.

I hope it's true thank god for small wonders Ganassi has to do something!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2008
LGR wrote:
Wow. Now will they use Blaney or hire someone in? They could just keep PC instead. In the article it says If the Ganassi-Waltrip merger rumor proves to be true Ganassi would use Toyota and leave dodge.
I hope it's true thank god for small wonders Ganassi has to do something!
Agreed - Chip and Felix need to do SOMETHING, but WALTRIP???
Junior Nation

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Wow.. If GEM goes to Toyota and Ganassi goes to Toyota how long will it be before Penski drops Dodge and then Dodge is out of NASCAR completely since they are not going to be in the Truck series anymore...

Unbelievable, 1 of the big 3 out of NASCAR. Not a good sign at all.
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#4 Sep 15, 2008
Think the writings on the wall, truck series was just the first step
Junior Nation

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2008
Say What wrote:
Think the writings on the wall, truck series was just the first step
Sure wish the Dodge teams if they are going to drop Dodge would go with Ford or Chevy. Before you know it all of NASCAR will be Toyota, almost that way in trucks already. What a shame... 60 years of NASCAR with the big 3 and before you know it only 1 non-american manufacturer will be running the entire sport.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#6 Sep 15, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wish the Dodge teams if they are going to drop Dodge would go with Ford or Chevy. Before you know it all of NASCAR will be Toyota, almost that way in trucks already. What a shame... 60 years of NASCAR with the big 3 and before you know it only 1 non-american manufacturer will be running the entire sport.
FYI, Toyotas are actually made in The U.S. You'd be shocked to hear that Impalas are made in Europe.

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that Dodge is adjusting their manufacturing presence in NASCAR by dropping sponsorship (i.e., no more bright red cars that only have DODGE painted (or wrapped) on. But I was not aware that DODGE had plans to leave the sport entirely.
Junior Nation

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, Toyotas are actually made in The U.S. You'd be shocked to hear that Impalas are made in Europe.
Duh!

Please do yourself a favor and don't try to give me an economics lesson. I know more about economics in my little finger than you will ever know in your entire life.

So the only shock here is that you actually thought could teach me something.
Junior Nation

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2008
SpdBmp wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that Dodge is adjusting their manufacturing presence in NASCAR by dropping sponsorship (i.e., no more bright red cars that only have DODGE painted (or wrapped) on. But I was not aware that DODGE had plans to leave the sport entirely.
It almost looks that way. 1st the trucks and now if GEM & Ganasse go to Toyota that only leaves what... Penske & Petty? At this rate I'm sure it won't be long before they bow completely out. At least it looks that way to me.
Macee

United States

#10 Sep 15, 2008
I think they have too much $$$ into development of the current teams they have.

I have not heard anything about them pulling out.

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#11 Sep 15, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
Please do yourself a favor and don't try to give me an economics lesson. I know more about economics in my little finger than you will ever know in your entire life.
So the only shock here is that you actually thought could teach me something.
No wonder Carolyn is so rude to you. I try to give my opinion, and Bam you're on the attack.

United States

#12 Sep 15, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder Carolyn is so rude to you. I try to give my opinion, and Bam you're on the attack.
Seems to me that that would be an issue between Junior Nation and Carolyn. Personally, I am willing to let them sort it out by themselves - just a thought!
Junior Nation

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Macee wrote:
I think they have too much $$$ into development of the current teams they have.
I have not heard anything about them pulling out.
No, they haven't said anything about pull out of cup or Nationwide but they did announce they are pulling out of the trucks. So that the 1st bad sign.

2nd sign is GEM possible going to Toyota w/Bill Davis Racing and Ganassi going to Toyota w/Michael Waltrip Racing.. That only leaves Penski & Petty in Dodges.. Neither team are very strong and with Petty having a new owner and not having any loyalty to Dodge it would surprise me to see them make a change in the next couple of years.

This is only speculation on my part and no hard fact but I'm looking at the writing on the wall and this is what I see.
Junior Nation

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do yourself and me a favor and please do not post to me or make comments about my post. And especially do not try to defend me as I really don't need your help. We (you and I) do much better when we do not play together.

S@
Junior Nation

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2008
SpdBmp wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that that would be an issue between Junior Nation and Carolyn. Personally, I am willing to let them sort it out by themselves - just a thought!
Thank you.. I have asked her over and over again not to defend me that I really don't need her help. I'm a big girl and take very good care of my self.

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#16 Sep 15, 2008
Fine. I will agree with Carolyn in that you need to Buzz off.

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#17 Sep 15, 2008
You won, I'm leaving.

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2008
JrsQueen wrote:
You won, I'm leaving.
WHO won? How many laps? How many yellow flags? Green/White/Checker? Was it one of the Chase races? Road course, Short track, Super speedway, or Restrictor plate? What's the trophy look like? And finally, who dropped out of the top 35?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#19 Sep 15, 2008
Is everyone beginning to catch on to why NASCAR was so eager for Toyota in come to Cup. If things continue the way they are for the supposed "American" auto manufacturers I give Dodge one more year in NASCAR racing at the most and Ford will be right behind the Dodges on the way out the door. Everyone that has seen the "Flex" up close understands why I think Ford is in just as big trouble as Dodge. That is one ugly car.
Junior Nation

United States

#20 Sep 16, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Is everyone beginning to catch on to why NASCAR was so eager for Toyota in come to Cup. If things continue the way they are for the supposed "American" auto manufacturers I give Dodge one more year in NASCAR racing at the most and Ford will be right behind the Dodges on the way out the door. Everyone that has seen the "Flex" up close understands why I think Ford is in just as big trouble as Dodge. That is one ugly car.
It's sad but I think you're on to something. NASCAR isn't going to be much fun to watch when all the cars are Toyotas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Blaney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
More from around the web