Toyota Struggling in Nextel Cup Debut

Full story: The Associated Press

Everyone expected Toyota to storm into NASCAR and quickly buy its way to the top of the Nextel Cup series.
Comments
101 - 108 of 108 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2007
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2007

nascarfan wrote:
WELL WHEN TOYOTA PICKS ALL THE CRAPPY DRIVERS TO DRIVE THEIR CARS, DUH THEY ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE. HAHAHA WALTRIP FAILED TO MAKE THE RACE AGAIN, HAHA... MAYBE HES NOT GETTING THE CLUE THAT HE HAS -27 POINTS FOR THE SEASON, THAT MAYBE HE SHOULDNT DRIVE A CAR!!!!!! WHEN HE FINALLY DOES MAKE THE FIELD HE IS THE LAST CAR RUNNING, ONLY WAY HE WILL WIN, IS IF HES THE LAST CAR RUNNING.....HAHAH LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN
Toyota didn't want to line up with established teams because they are already lined up with other auto makers. They wanted their OWN teams that they can work with. Later on, I am sure they'll get more "champion caliber" drivers but hey, Reutimann and Allmendinger are rookies, they have a past champ in DJ, a two time Daytona 500 winner in Michael, and then there's Vickers and Mayfield. Nothing to say about those two.
Ricky Bobby

Saint John, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2007

Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
Toyota didn't want to line up with established teams because they are already lined up with other auto makers. They wanted their OWN teams that they can work with. Later on, I am sure they'll get more "champion caliber" drivers but hey, Reutimann and Allmendinger are rookies, they have a past champ in DJ, a two time Daytona 500 winner in Michael, and then there's Vickers and Mayfield. Nothing to say about those two.
48 24 1-2 !!!!!!!!!! woohoo

Since: Apr 07

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

Ricky Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
48 24 1-2 !!!!!!!!!! woohoo
Yup, great job to the Hendrick teams. Don't forget the Shrub who finished 3rd.

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

oops, my bad, I meant 4th
Duane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

WOW, as much as I want Toyota to do bad. I am almost feeling bad for them. They look pathetic. I can't imagine there isn't people on the Toyota teams wondering what they got themselves into. If they are in this to sell cars it sure can't be helping. I never thought Mike Waltrip would not be able to qualify at least.
WATCH THE FLAMES

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

ALL LAST FALL AND EARLY WINTER EVERYONE WAS TALKING THE DOOM AND GLOOM OF HOW TOYOTA WAS GOING TO JUMP INTO NASCAR AND TAKE OVER. THEIR MONEY WAS SUPPOSE TO BUY THEM THE FASTEST CARS AND THE BEST PEOPLE. WELL, WE PRETTY MUCH UNDERSTAND NOW THAT JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, TOYOTA HAS TO LEARN TO WALK BEFORE THEY CAN RUN. EACH RACE MORE AND MORE OF THE TOYOTA DRIVERS WILL START MAKING RACES. BUILDING TWO COMPLETE RACECAR SYSTEMS HAD TO BE AN UNDAUNTING TASK. WHETHER YOU LIKE TOYOTA OR NOT, IF YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE COMPLEXITY OF A NASCAR TEAM YOU MUST HAVE RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN SUCH A SHORT TIME.

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

Duane wrote:
WOW, as much as I want Toyota to do bad. I am almost feeling bad for them. They look pathetic. I can't imagine there isn't people on the Toyota teams wondering what they got themselves into. If they are in this to sell cars it sure can't be helping. I never thought Mike Waltrip would not be able to qualify at least.
Well they are getting better Duane, and hey, guess what, once again, Michael's two cars were the top finishing Toyotas. LOL

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

WATCH THE FLAMES wrote:
ALL LAST FALL AND EARLY WINTER EVERYONE WAS TALKING THE DOOM AND GLOOM OF HOW TOYOTA WAS GOING TO JUMP INTO NASCAR AND TAKE OVER. THEIR MONEY WAS SUPPOSE TO BUY THEM THE FASTEST CARS AND THE BEST PEOPLE. WELL, WE PRETTY MUCH UNDERSTAND NOW THAT JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, TOYOTA HAS TO LEARN TO WALK BEFORE THEY CAN RUN. EACH RACE MORE AND MORE OF THE TOYOTA DRIVERS WILL START MAKING RACES. BUILDING TWO COMPLETE RACECAR SYSTEMS HAD TO BE AN UNDAUNTING TASK. WHETHER YOU LIKE TOYOTA OR NOT, IF YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE COMPLEXITY OF A NASCAR TEAM YOU MUST HAVE RESPECT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN SUCH A SHORT TIME.
That's all Toyota's been saying for a long time. The ONLY people who thought Toyota would come in and just take over were Jack Roush and the haters.
The Toyota teams aren't losing any REAL fans because us REAL fans understand that new teams take time to gel and new auto manufactorer's take time to get things up and running properly.
This is also why none of the Toyota team sponsors are planning on leaving. They ALL knew coming in that this thing would take time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dave Blaney Discussions

Search the Dave Blaney Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••