Toyota Struggling in Nextel Cup Debut

Toyota Struggling in Nextel Cup Debut

There are 108 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 14, 2007, titled Toyota Struggling in Nextel Cup Debut . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Everyone expected Toyota to storm into NASCAR and quickly buy its way to the top of the Nextel Cup series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

my55car

Odenton, MD

#82 Mar 30, 2007
gmb wrote:
My55car....Ok I'll go slow for you. I do not own any Japanese cars. Brother-in law, sister, and her daughter and nephew all bought Japanese cars. And they now ALL say never again. Those people are part of my family. They are all adults and make there own choices ( I'll bet your still living with mommy on the farm ). Thank God they are making the correct one now . The 2 fires were scary to say the least. Duane the NAPA store closed here because frankly they were Idiots
and frankly, you are an idiot too! I said you are a hypocrite because your family buys foreign cars. It makes as much sense for you to be blamed for that as it does for Waltrip fans to have to read this yammering from you. In america we are still free to have opinions and buy what we want and go to Napa or root for Waltrip...and reply to some of the stupidist no sense making posts against a driver who's forum this is for. So...if u don't like us, Toyota, Napa etc...fine. we DON'T CARE...S H U T UP! HAHAHAHA! And, i am nearly 50 yrs. old and
"my mommy" died of cancer 2 yrs ago. She was a Mikey fan too... And i agree with the other guy...how did we get to all this arguing about foreign, Napa, blah. Go, run along your soap is on....
gmb

Orangeburg, NY

#83 Mar 30, 2007
My55poscar.....You have me confused( must be that Indiana Meth ) with someone else about Waltrip. I don't waste my time writing about him. One thing I will say ..he is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to Toyota and Napa. Re-read the posts and direct your anger somewhere else. You can read right?
Terry Sindic

Grand Rapids, MI

#84 Mar 30, 2007
My55car wrote:
<quoted text>
...And again Moron! This article is someones...OPINION! Not fact. Jeezalou there are truly nonthinking idiots in this world. Try and think for yourself for gosh sakes! Don't let a news story tell you. OMG!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!
Wow name calling ,you must have been on your high school debate team.
Ricky Bobby

Dartmouth, Canada

#85 Mar 30, 2007
Mikey sucks and didn't qualify again at Martinsville! woohoo!!
Terry Sindic

Grand Rapids, MI

#86 Mar 30, 2007
Ricky Bobby wrote:
Mikey sucks and didn't qualify again at Martinsville! woohoo!!
Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
waltrip sucs

Lima, OH

#87 Mar 30, 2007
yeeeeaeaeeeaeaeahhhhhhh he sucs hahhahahahhahahaahhahahahahahh hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahh a
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

#88 Mar 30, 2007
Terry Sindic wrote:
<quoted text>Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Yeah Ricky Bobby is a yahoo. Funny all these people who are happy Michael's not in this race... I don't see THEIR cars in the race. I didn't see THEM attempt the race. Must be too chicken or stupid.
waltrip sucs

Lima, OH

#89 Mar 30, 2007
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Ricky Bobby is a yahoo. Funny all these people who are happy Michael's not in this race... I don't see THEIR cars in the race. I didn't see THEM attempt the race. Must be too chicken or stupid.
that's all you have ha.he's done hahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
my55car

Severn, MD

#90 Mar 30, 2007
waltrip sucs wrote:
yeeeeaeaeeeaeaeahhhhhhh he sucs hahhahahahhahahaahhahahahahahh hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahahahh a
Well, well, sucs waltrip (lol) i believe you have finally found a few words you can spell. AND, it apparently doesn't make much to make you happy.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#91 Mar 30, 2007
waltrip sucs wrote:
<quoted text>that's all you have ha.he's done hahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Your pathetic fool.
Duane

United States

#92 Mar 30, 2007
Yikes my55car, sorry about your mother but you got to chill out or you are going to have a heart attack. Until Mikey and Toyota do a whole lot better the rubbings are going to continue and only get worse if you get that nasty. Learn from me, Renee and I got off on the wrong foot but even though we I don't agree with her I do respect her. Personally I do not like Toyota or feel too bad for Mikey, however I really like this site and Renee is very knowledgable.
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

#93 Mar 30, 2007
Duane wrote:
Yikes my55car, sorry about your mother but you got to chill out or you are going to have a heart attack. Until Mikey and Toyota do a whole lot better the rubbings are going to continue and only get worse if you get that nasty. Learn from me, Renee and I got off on the wrong foot but even though we I don't agree with her I do respect her. Personally I do not like Toyota or feel too bad for Mikey, however I really like this site and Renee is very knowledgable.
Well thanks Duane. I really try but alot of people think I am stupid and don't know anything simply because I root for Michael. I am glad you are one of the few good ones who can look past that.

Feel bad Michael didn't make the race, but don't feel TOO bad for them. With Toyota's help, they are making small steps to get things better. Early in practice today, Michael was actually fastest, then slowly dropped down to 31st or 32nd after not running too many more laps. That's a great leap for them since they usually barely made it into the top 20 in practice. The fact that he stayed in the top 20 for so long is great. Remember, he has to work on qualifying while most of the other teams got to work on whatever they want.
They will be in races soon. I guarantee it. They are making huge strides and getting better.
my55car

Severn, MD

#94 Mar 31, 2007
Duane wrote:
You know, you are right. It has rained for days and i got a little (well, a lot) bored so for the first time in my life (48 yrs.) i decided to read some Waltrip news and message boards that didn't require a lot of registration. Well, i was replying to some of these posts then i got into a comedic mood and got a little "off the wall" if you will. I am kind of known for that....on the extreme side i might add but never in a vindictive way. Just light hearted...you know so everyone can laugh. Then i was taken wrong, finally the one brought my best friend of 64 years (my dead mom) into it. Read back to see who...She was my best friend and i cared for her until the day she died. I absolutely love Michael Waltrip as a fan and have a whole room full of collectables and some are autographed. Been to Talladega every year for a long time with my family and friends, love Renee's posts and appreciated the heck out of your input in this current post especially. I never have associated in places or with people who want to make me feel bad about myself or who i choose to like so you all have a great time and i'll continue on with my life and my choice of driver and will have a great time doing so. I'm outta here!
American

San Antonio, TX

#95 Mar 31, 2007
Todd W wrote:
<quoted text>
Toyota creates more jobs in the US than it takes.
Do you remember Pearl Harbour? Screw the japs. I guess you'd buy a car made in iraq also!!
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

#96 Mar 31, 2007
American wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember Pearl Harbour? Screw the japs. I guess you'd buy a car made in iraq also!!
And do you remember that Pearl Harbor was over 50 years ago and they've been our allies since then? Get over it you moron. If Toyota can't be in NASCAR because of Pearl Harbor, then Dodge can't be in NASCAR either because of WW2 also and the Holocaust.

“Buy American, Save the USA”

Since: Mar 07

Good ole USA

#97 Mar 31, 2007
Allies? are you kidding? japan still owes MY country millions. You think that the japs are your friends? You better wake up.
And yes Pearl was 60yrs ago. Did you lose an uncle that you never met at Pearl? I did!!! I will never forget it!!! At the time, we were not at war with the nips. and you want me to get over it?
Move to japan and take mw with ya !!!!!!!!!
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

#98 Mar 31, 2007
True American wrote:
Allies? are you kidding? japan still owes MY country millions. You think that the japs are your friends? You better wake up.
And yes Pearl was 60yrs ago. Did you lose an uncle that you never met at Pearl? I did!!! I will never forget it!!! At the time, we were not at war with the nips. and you want me to get over it?
Move to japan and take mw with ya !!!!!!!!!
Well, you are the only one in the world who doesn't know that Japan have been our allies since then. It's called a history book, pick one up and look at it. Japan doesn't owe us money, are you joking? What are you, one of those black folks that think that the white folks should pay the blacks for enslaving their ancestors or something? Get a life.

Yeah, I lost two cousins I never met on the USS Arizona during Pearl Harbor so get over yourself. All my grandparents served during WW2 as well. My father is retired military, my father in law was in the Army and Marines, I have several uncles that are retired military, my brother in law is former active duty Air Force who is now is the Air National Guard Reserves full time, and my husband is active duty Air Force who just spent 7 months in Afghanistan. You wanna say something now? Why don't YOU move to France and take your pansy friend with ya. Go serve in the military yourself instead of whining about losing an uncle you never friggin met. You aren't the only person who lost relatives during WW2. You are just an idiot who wants to use that as an excuse because you think Toyotas going to come in and take over the sport. They already said they aren't going to. They are just here to compete, and frankly, if the Ford and Chevy can't handle the competition, they need to quit whining or step up.

“Buy American, Save the USA”

Since: Mar 07

Good ole USA

#99 Mar 31, 2007
History book, you are correct. check it and see just how much those little slant eyed japs owe us from desert storm? humm? You better get it right before shooting your moron a$$ about it. And yes I served. 177th Attack Helo squadron. I was a door gunner on a slick from 1969 to 1971.With 2 Silver stars and a purple heart!!!! So you can't preach to me about the military.

Go eat some sushi with mw!!!!!
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

#100 Mar 31, 2007
True American wrote:
History book, you are correct. check it and see just how much those little slant eyed japs owe us from desert storm? humm? You better get it right before shooting your moron a$$ about it. And yes I served. 177th Attack Helo squadron. I was a door gunner on a slick from 1969 to 1971.With 2 Silver stars and a purple heart!!!! So you can't preach to me about the military.
Go eat some sushi with mw!!!!!
Your attitude just shows how racist you are and that you hold things in too much. Maybe you should go see a therapist for your anger and racial issues.
Go eat some sushi with Michael......... sure I would love to but I think he's more like me and we love lobster with butter and lemon, so I think we'll just hit a Red Lobster or something.
nascarfan

Portland, OR

#101 Apr 1, 2007
WELL WHEN TOYOTA PICKS ALL THE CRAPPY DRIVERS TO DRIVE THEIR CARS, DUH THEY ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE. HAHAHA WALTRIP FAILED TO MAKE THE RACE AGAIN, HAHA... MAYBE HES NOT GETTING THE CLUE THAT HE HAS -27 POINTS FOR THE SEASON, THAT MAYBE HE SHOULDNT DRIVE A CAR!!!!!! WHEN HE FINALLY DOES MAKE THE FIELD HE IS THE LAST CAR RUNNING, ONLY WAY HE WILL WIN, IS IF HES THE LAST CAR RUNNING.....HAHAH LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Blaney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
News David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
News 2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
News Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
News Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
News Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
More from around the web