Toyota Struggling in Nextel Cup Debut

Full story: The Associated Press

Everyone expected Toyota to storm into NASCAR and quickly buy its way to the top of the Nextel Cup series.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of108
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Interesting read!
Speechless

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I've said it several times before so I'm going to say it one more time. The new Toyota team owners made so very poor driver chooses, especially Michael Waltrip. Michaels worst driver pick was himself, his second an over the hill veteran that has already run his last laps out front of the pack and third a thirty something wannabe that doesn't have what it takes for Cup level racing. Michael' only way to ever get the 55 team on track and racing is to put someone else in the seat and someone else in as permanent Crew Chief. His continuing internal investigation is hampering what is left of the team from moving on and putting a car capable of competing in the hauler. Wake Michael and smell the coffee. Mayfield might as well look for a truck ride. The old saying about everyone getting promoted to his first level of incompetence has caught up with him.
leo from shanghai

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

i luv my new BATAAN DEATH MARCH 4x4 pickup. it shows no pity on the highway.
Las Vegas Guy

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I have to agree that Toyota's biggest challenge is their selection of drivers. Outside of Dale Jarrett (which is past his prime), they don't have much going for them. Poor Michael is average at best... I do think Toyota will succeed, but will struggle for a while longer. Too bad they didn't align themselves with stronger teams...

“Editor: Denver Broncos forum”

Since: Feb 07

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Boo freaking hoo... leave the American past time to American cars! I understand that Toyota is domestic with Japanese roots... but we want car makers from Detroit, not Aichi.
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I think Toyota has some good drivers in DJ( a past champion) and Michael ( a two time Daytona 500 champ). Thing is, DJ knows he's retiring in two years. It's not like he's going to race for another 5 or 10 years. Michael said he's going to retire from racing in a "few" years. He'll just have to see how things are going.
As for the other drivers they have, they have Blaney, who hasn't done much at all. The only thing he really has going for him is that he was in on owner points. If he had the situation Michael and the others do, he'd be doing just as bad I'd bet.
Mayfield hasn't made a race all year. Just as I had expected. Bill Davis has crappy equipment or they are ONLY spending money on the Cat cars. Bill is blaming everything on Jeremy already. Same thing he did to Michael last year, and the same thing he did to Wimmer AND Ward.
Vickers hasn't done crap except make ONE race only 4 tenths of a second faster than Waltrip. That's not saying much. He missed the easiest race to get into though.........Daytona. So AJ hasn't made a race yet at all.
Right now, Toyota got their teams started. They know Waltrip & Jarrett aren't going to be racing too much longer, but these veteran's are at leasting getting their cars in shape.

All this negativity after only 3 races is stupid. It's just the begining with brand new teams. The only team that isn't new is Blaneys and he's not doing much either. Give them time to gel and get it together. The ONLY real way to know how the cars are going to behave is by being on the track during a race. They have to accomplish that first to get the program together. They'll get it.

“Italian and proud of it”

Since: Mar 07

Hubbell MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Toyota and the exporting of american jobs to foreign countries suck! I do not feel bad that a foreign company is sucking it the GREAT AMERICAN SPORT OF NASCAR RACING.
R D P

Palo Cedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

I see you have a lot of doomsayers here. It will get better for Toyota, and MWR will lead the pack in a few years. The sabotage (yes sabotage) that happened at Daytona is reprehensible. The fact that MWR put all three cars in that race shows his determination.
And all your "boo freaking hoo" comments And good ole boy BS will go by the wayside.
Now, if you can do something about the Rap Crap music that seems to be attaching itself to NASCAR, that would be a big improvement. I'm quite sick of Hollyweirdos with no knowledge of NASCAR being involved.
Todd W

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

aviris wrote:
Boo freaking hoo... leave the American past time to American cars! I understand that Toyota is domestic with Japanese roots... but we want car makers from Detroit, not Aichi.
I could give two pooh's were the cars come from. I just want to see some good racing.
Todd W

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

onefatwop wrote:
Toyota and the exporting of american jobs to foreign countries suck! I do not feel bad that a foreign company is sucking it the GREAT AMERICAN SPORT OF NASCAR RACING.
Toyota creates more jobs in the US than it takes.

“Editor: Denver Broncos forum”

Since: Feb 07

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Todd W wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give two pooh's were the cars come from. I just want to see some good racing.
I do too, but now NASCAR is looking more like a soap opera with all the drama. Somebody needs to tell them to just race.
Todd W

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

aviris wrote:
<quoted text>
I do too, but now NASCAR is looking more like a soap opera with all the drama. Somebody needs to tell them to just race.
Exactly... Prop up Benny Parsons in the booth next to Ned Jarret and let the drama unfold on the track.
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Todd W wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... Prop up Benny Parsons in the booth next to Ned Jarret and let the drama unfold on the track.
uuuuhhh you DO know that Benny is dead right?
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

aviris wrote:
HAHAHAHAH NONE of the cars racing on those tracks were made in Detriot. More like Mexico and Canada buddy. Check out the facts. Only the Camry is made is the USA

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Their qualifying now so we'll see here in a few minutes. I think DJ only has 2 provisional lefts.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Thisis not good for Waltrip.........again.
3MAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

nascar to toyota yes well let you in
but we didnt say you would qualify and win
show us the money well call it gray then
you can race on sunday
waltrip sucs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH ANOTHER RACE HE FAILED TO QUALIFY IN IT'S NOT THE CAR IT'S MIKEY
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2007

Once again, Toyotas aren't up to par just yet, so you can't say it's Michael. You have no clue do you? You just keep on whining. It's hilarious.
Carb

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2007

What!! the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!
Camry's are made in Georgetown Kentucky not Mexico, so all you Harvick fans get a life. When Toyota gets it right they will be fighting just like all the rest for track domination. I like the drivers they have brought on board. Say what you want but its only going to get better for the Toyota team. The money is there and the talent will only get better. Mayfield and the rest of the team will be back, I guess you don't understand the process of building a quality team. Good luck Dale, Mayfield, MW and the rest of the Toyota crew, hang in there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of108
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dave Blaney Discussions

Search the Dave Blaney Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••