Sports - NASCAR Admits its Own 'Water...

Sports - NASCAR Admits its Own 'Water-gate'

There are 4 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Sports - NASCAR Admits its Own 'Water-gate'. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

HAMPTON -- NASCAR has its own ``Water-gate.'' The racing organization conceded Monday that water got into the fuel supply of more than two cars during the race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, apparently leading to a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Jim

Gainesville, GA

#1 Nov 15, 2007
I think someone pissed in Denny's fuel can
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#2 Nov 15, 2007
I still have not heard the results of the investigation as to where the water came from. This is a big deal with as many points and dollars as there are on the line with each race especially this late in the year. This incident also caused a wreck that took other drivers out. They need to do whatever it takes to make sure this does not happen again.
TSTEWFAN

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Nov 15, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
I still have not heard the results of the investigation as to where the water came from. This is a big deal with as many points and dollars as there are on the line with each race especially this late in the year. This incident also caused a wreck that took other drivers out. They need to do whatever it takes to make sure this does not happen again.
TB- They've traced the water back to the transporter that brought the fuel to the track...
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#4 Nov 16, 2007
I am an Engineer on a 9000hp Tow boat and we burn around 10,000 gallons of fuel a day and have a capacity of 165,000 gallons of fuel. WE CHECK OUR TANKS FOR WATER TWICE A DAY. I can't believe they have no safeguards pteventing this from happening. It is not like this is an uncommon thing to happen. They really screwed the pooch on that one. All it takes is a stick with a little water finding paste on the end of it and stick it in the tank and pull it out and if there is water in th fuel then the paste will change colors. It is that simple as water is heavier than fuel and goes to the bottom of the tank. For Nascar being so high tech they were pretty stupid on this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Blaney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
News David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
News 2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
News Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
News Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
News Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
More from around the web