Waltrip is not fazed by team's rough start

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Michael Waltrip the car owner was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, his only participation in the Nextel Cup race coming as an announcer for DirecTV.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rick

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Robby Gordon is there to cause problems as he did in CART and now in Nextel.

Why anyone would sponsor him, I do not know. Another driver like Robby is Paul Tracy. Always causing problems for all those around him and it is never their fault.

Oh well, it just keeps the race exciting ~!!!
Pete Bernier

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

If the NAPA guys are frustrated, they should of noticed Robby Gordons car was a sponserless flat black, and still in the top 15 in points. His underfunded one car team is better than half the teams out there.
mears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

quit crying and race, I think R Gordon has won 3 races, how many have you won and what position are you in the point standing ? Every time RG makes a mistake on the track, he doesn't know how to drive, but if one of the big name drives makes a mistake it's RACING. RG is one of the most underated drive in Nextel
Leo Kelly

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

They had better not take a date away
from Dover!
Jesse Johnson

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

why dont they try to put a track in Arkansas,because the one in kansas city is to excpincive to go to for one race.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Pete Bernier wrote:
If the NAPA guys are frustrated, they should of noticed Robby Gordons car was a sponserless flat black, and still in the top 15 in points. His underfunded one car team is better than half the teams out there.
"UNDERFUNDED"! Apparently you don't know who Robby's partner in RGR is.
Tina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

I believe in <ichael Waltrip and the 2 other men he has hired to drive for him. Truth is always the side that one desires to be on and i believe its the side they are on. Stay tuned for better times.
keith

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

robbie, KNOWS BETTER THEN THAT? BRAIN FADE........
t4tees

Honeoye Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

why wasn't Kenny Schrader in the 21? I've looked all over & didn't hear anything mentioned during the Race
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

Firstly, Robby wasn't "unsponsored" at all. Go look up why he didn't have a sponsor. Go check his crew's uniforms for the race. They were sponsored by MONSTER ENERGY DRINK. What apparently happened was Red Bull made such a fuss about Monster being on a car since Red Bull has a stake in that track, that they complained enough to where Robby's team was told Monster couldn't be on the car for that race. That's total BS in my opinion but that's what happened last I heard. Just like when Sunoco complained about the Shell logo on Harvick's helmet being "too big" because Sunoco was the official fuel of NASCAR.
Second, it was announced last year that Schrader and Jon Wood were sharing the #21 car this year. Big mistake if you ask me but since Jonny boy is the boss' son, what are you gonna do. Jon Wood is a sucky driver who hasn't done squat in Busch, I don't know WHY on Earth they'd think he'd be fine in a Cup car.
Third, Robby Gordon shouldn't be on a NASCAR track. Apparently he has a hard time racing on a close circuit track like these. He's not there to race like the rest of the guys, but to get more money to race F1 and the off road stuff. He's not a true NASCAR driver at all. He's following the money and the money isn't in F1 or off road. It's in NASCAR. Oh, and I think Whoya meant to say Robby's partner this year is Robert Yates Racing.
Speechless

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

t4tees wrote:
why wasn't Kenny Schrader in the 21? I've looked all over & didn't hear anything mentioned during the Race
Kenny was in another Woods Brothers car but lost it and tore it up and didn't make it in. Jon Woods was driving the 21 so that he would definitely get a starting spot since it was he first cup start.
JLP

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

I think the search for the Waltrip fuel anwser sounds a lot like OJ looking for the real killer...
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2007

JLP wrote:
I think the search for the Waltrip fuel anwser sounds a lot like OJ looking for the real killer...
Nah, Michael's not a cheater at all. He hasn't cheated in all his twenty something years of driving or being a team owner in the Busch series. I think ONE TIME his Busch car was caught with an illegal rear clip and they admitted it, even made jokes about it later.
The fact that he's been adamant in his word on the fact that he told his teams NO CHEATING and that they have been trying, unsucessfully, to get NASCAR's help on this, tells me there's more to this story, and it's not that Michael or Ty knew what was going on.
When Slugger, Michael's former crew chief for the 15 car was caught putting an illegal carb on the car, they admitted it, didn't push the issue. When Michael was accused by NASCAR of flipping Robby Gordon off, even though he DIDN'T flip him off, Michael pushed that issue and was exhonorated. Do you see a pattern here?
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, Michael's not a cheater at all. He hasn't cheated in all his twenty something years of driving or being a team owner in the Busch series. I think ONE TIME his Busch car was caught with an illegal rear clip and they admitted it, even made jokes about it later.
The fact that he's been adamant in his word on the fact that he told his teams NO CHEATING and that they have been trying, unsucessfully, to get NASCAR's help on this, tells me there's more to this story, and it's not that Michael or Ty knew what was going on.
When Slugger, Michael's former crew chief for the 15 car was caught putting an illegal carb on the car, they admitted it, didn't push the issue. When Michael was accused by NASCAR of flipping Robby Gordon off, even though he DIDN'T flip him off, Michael pushed that issue and was exhonorated. Do you see a pattern here?
What I see here and most of the folks I have talked with over the cheating issue with Michael at Daytona see is that whether he knew it or not, whether he had given specific orders that it would not be done, Michael had the ultimate responsibility for it happening to his team. Not as the driver but as the team owner. Nine times out ten that a team knowingly goes into the forgidden area to cheat, the driver doesn't know squat about it. Michael needs to lay it out for the general public and tell who it was or who he thinks it was and what he has done about it. I made the statement when it happened that if he never told who it was that did it meant that he knew about it all along and I still believe that. So far what he has had to say reminded me of an old Richard Nixon rerun.
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2007

Whoya, Michael has ALWAYS taken responsibility for it as team owner. He has. He's never tried to shove it off on anybody but they are actively trying to find out WHO did it so it doesn't happen again.
As far as saying who he thought did it, well, that person could sue him for slander if he's wrong. That's most likely why he won't say until he knows for sure. These days, when everyone is so sue happy, you can't just give your opinion without the facts to back it up and they don't have proof of who did it.
Michael is used to being able to be "just the driver" where he doesn't worry about the mechanics and what they are doing until he's in the car and needs to tell them what to change and all. He's finding out very quickly that he can't be "just the driver" anymore. It's hard when you thought you could trust people and now you can't.
R7gordon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

Renee wrote:
Firstly, Robby wasn't "unsponsored" at all. Go look up why he didn't have a sponsor. Go check his crew's uniforms for the race. They were sponsored by MONSTER ENERGY DRINK. What apparently happened was Red Bull made such a fuss about Monster being on a car since Red Bull has a stake in that track, that they complained enough to where Robby's team was told Monster couldn't be on the car for that race. That's total BS in my opinion but that's what happened last I heard. Just like when Sunoco complained about the Shell logo on Harvick's helmet being "too big" because Sunoco was the official fuel of NASCAR.
Second, it was announced last year that Schrader and Jon Wood were sharing the #21 car this year. Big mistake if you ask me but since Jonny boy is the boss' son, what are you gonna do. Jon Wood is a sucky driver who hasn't done squat in Busch, I don't know WHY on Earth they'd think he'd be fine in a Cup car.
Third, Robby Gordon shouldn't be on a NASCAR track. Apparently he has a hard time racing on a close circuit track like these. He's not there to race like the rest of the guys, but to get more money to race F1 and the off road stuff. He's not a true NASCAR driver at all. He's following the money and the money isn't in F1 or off road. It's in NASCAR. Oh, and I think Whoya meant to say Robby's partner this year is Robert Yates Racing.
#1. Robby's partner "in question" is John Menard. Not Yates...Hell Yates doesn't have much money left. That is why he damn near sold out to RGM last year. ALL FORD's use Yates/Roush engines.

#2. As soon as Arizona becomes the "Racing Capitol"..we will listen to your idiot thoughts. He is a 1 car team, currently 16th in points, running brand new race cars (Ford)..he doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.

Renee..please go back to commenting on AMA races....YES WAltrip is a cheater and he got caught. This will be the second to last year for Waltrip racing.....after he only makes 10 races this year, 8 races next year...NAPA will come running to people like Robby who actually hav their cars in races on Sunday...
dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

what a joke MW Racing has become... SAD DEAL
DALE JR FAN

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

Michael Waltrip sucks, he can't even quality in his stupid Toyota Camry. At least he was a better driver when he was with DEI and drove a Chevy. But now, hes just a joke.
Renee

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

R7gordon wrote:
<quoted text>
#1. Robby's partner "in question" is John Menard. Not Yates...Hell Yates doesn't have much money left. That is why he damn near sold out to RGM last year. ALL FORD's use Yates/Roush engines.
#2. As soon as Arizona becomes the "Racing Capitol"..we will listen to your idiot thoughts. He is a 1 car team, currently 16th in points, running brand new race cars (Ford)..he doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.
Renee..please go back to commenting on AMA races....YES WAltrip is a cheater and he got caught. This will be the second to last year for Waltrip racing.....after he only makes 10 races this year, 8 races next year...NAPA will come running to people like Robby who actually hav their cars in races on Sunday...
What does living in Arizona have to do with anything buddy? We are a military family who have lived all over, so quit yakking like you know something JUST because you live in Indy. Nobody gives a sh!t where you live. Doesn't mean a damn thing unless you just like to say "I live in Indy, therefore I know ALL about racing" when you know sh!t. Be gone on that moron.

Ah yes, Robby's so great he's partnered with Menard who had to BUY his son a ride in a DEI car. That's rich. His son hasn't done much in Busch or in Cup. Now he's screwing Teresa Earnhardt trying to get control over DEI I guess trying to make his boy the next Intimidator. LOLOL What a joke. Robby would be better off pairing with BAM Racing. At least they aren't a joke like Menard.

Lastly, prove Waltrip actually cheated. Can you prove HE put that stuff in the car? No you can't. You just like talking out of your a$$ don't ya. Their team was caught with something in the fuel. They can't prove WHO put it there but at least Michael took responsibility as an ower for it. When was the last time Robby took responsibility for anything he did? I can't remember. Oh that's right, he never does. If he causes a wreck, he just blames it on everyone and everything else.
Robby doesn't belong in NASCAR. Never has, never will. Have you not figured it out that none of the other drivers like him? They call him stupid, moron, idiot. Robby is all those things, they are totally correct. Sure he's 16th in points with a one car team because he can barely get sponsors for THAT car let alone more than one. He's too chicken sh!t to even try to make another team. He's not half the man Michael is.
Robby will be gone soon enough and the NASCAR world will be happy. Michael and his teams will be here for a LONG time. They have the sponsorship, they have Toyota. All three are working together to get things better. I love how you all were shaking in your boots thinking Toyota would come in and dominate from right off even though they said they weren't. They are getting there. The teams aren't missing the races by much. They'll get there soon and soon it will be like the trucks. Toyota will rock and Robby will be gone. WHOOO HOOO. Michael's team will be around for a long time, get used to it. His sponsors are not waivering. They aren't happy but they aren't anywhere close to leaving him. They knew a new team would have it's problems and they are waiting it out. This isn't Robby Gordon they are sponsoring where they are jumping ship even though he's doing well. That's pretty sad of them. LOL Poor Robby..........NOT
DALE JR FAN

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2007

I feel sorry for you that you're in such denial, and that you are so far from the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of135
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dave Blaney Discussions

Search the Dave Blaney Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••