NASCAR stars look forward to Williams Grove visit

Full story: York Dispatch 9
It's that time of year again when journalists from all over the United States, and a few from other countries, come together in Charlotte, N.C., for the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Lowe's Motor Speedway. Full Story
Ted The Wolf Man Main

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jan 25, 2008
You should get Schrader , Kyle Busch , Kevin Harvick , and some others to go to Williams Grove also . I worked in New York in Hempstead for Military recruiting back in the late 1980's and early 1990's ,,, heard so much about sprint cars racing in PA. , so I made the drive one weekend and went back just about every weekend for a couple years to take in the Friday thru Sunday races at various tracks thru PA. The best races I have ever seen with The exception of The Oval Nationals. Have a great one ,,, Ted

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#2 Jan 25, 2008
Hubby and I were driving thru that area last year and stopped at a Turkey Hill Mini Market. Hubby had on a Kasey hat and the girl behind the counter said that he was at that Turkey Hill and he had some other racing guy with him. I asked who and she said she didn't know his name but he had on a Home Depot hat and Kasey called him Tony. She said they were at the camp grounds near by.
Chris Hise

Erie, PA

#3 Jan 25, 2008
So tell me Ellen.....why talk to to Kasey and Tony and NOT talk to Dave Blaney?

The Blaney's( Lou, Dave, and Dale) have won more races at Williams Grove and in the state of Pennsylvania than both Stewart and Kahne COMBINED!! And that's not knocking the talents of either driver. Dave is STILL one the top 10 greatest sprint car drivers in racing history,and even Tony and Kasey know that.

Sure, Dave isn't the NASCAR superstar that Tony and Kasey
are, but that's no reason to exclude a top notch dirt driver who is taking time out of his NASCAR life, just like the other 2, to do something he loves to do.

The Blaniac community would appreciate a little respect.

Thank you.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#4 Jan 25, 2008
Who's ellen I don't see an Ellen wrong post?
Jennifer07

United States

#6 Jan 25, 2008
*article* sorry.
Jennifer07

United States

#5 Jan 25, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
Who's ellen I don't see an Ellen wrong post?
I think Ellen is the woman who wrote the artical.
Jennifer07

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2008
That's weird. My comments are switched.
Megan

AOL

#8 Jan 25, 2008
Jennifer07 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Ellen is the woman who wrote the artical.
Oh that makes sense I thought topix was deleting posts again. Confusing ;)
Ellen

New Egypt, NJ

#9 Jan 26, 2008
Chris Hise wrote:
So tell me Ellen.....why talk to to Kasey and Tony and NOT talk to Dave Blaney?
The Blaney's( Lou, Dave, and Dale) have won more races at Williams Grove and in the state of Pennsylvania than both Stewart and Kahne COMBINED!! And that's not knocking the talents of either driver. Dave is STILL one the top 10 greatest sprint car drivers in racing history,and even Tony and Kasey know that.
Sure, Dave isn't the NASCAR superstar that Tony and Kasey
are, but that's no reason to exclude a top notch dirt driver who is taking time out of his NASCAR life, just like the other 2, to do something he loves to do.
The Blaniac community would appreciate a little respect.
Thank you.
Believe me, I think Dave Blaney is awesome and he has my complete respect. The reason I wasn't able to talk to him for this story is that the interviews I had with Kahne, Stewart and Gordon were from the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour in Charlotte this past week and Blaney was not on the Tour...so I didn't have an opportunity to speak with him...yet.

I'll definitely try to get to him in Daytona so the Blaniacs can have their day. I did write a feature on Dave last year, but I can't seem to find it on Google.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dave Blaney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 snow 115
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has concussion, out 2 races (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sidney 13
David Reutimann lands a Cup ride with Tommy Bal... (Jan '12) Sep '12 Triple C 13
2012 Daytona 500 (Duel 2): Chevrolet NASCAR Spr... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ed W 1
Tuesday is tribute to area racing legend (Jul '11) Jul '11 Doris B 6
Chili Bowl 1993: Dave Blaney Shines In Chili Bo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RUTTROSMOKESMOJO 1
Bad Economy Plays Into Some Drivers Hands, Dave... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Jester51 1

Dave Blaney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE