Elliott Sadler Trading in His Firesuit for a Court Suit

Jan 2, 2009 | Posted by: Shut up n drive | Full story: bleacherreport.com

Great, Elliott Sadler and his attorney are gearing up for court, if things need to get that far.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of69
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
18 Chick

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Mikey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK with you if I post this comment on Stwart's forum??????????
I'm in the NASCAR forum!!!
Chevy Man

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Go on home Idiot Sadler its over just like Mayfield. Maybe you two can run bumper cars at the amusement park
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Chevy Man wrote:
Go on home Idiot Sadler its over just like Mayfield. Maybe you two can run bumper cars at the amusement park
Actually you are wrong about Elliott, he has many things he can do, his family has a very large gas station business with Slip in stations from NC to north of Richmond Va., they also own dealerships and brother Hermie has partial interest in a regional wrestling promotion. You should be so lucky as the Sadlers, you could purchase your won amusement park and drive your own bumper cars. Old Man Herman Sadler made a lot of money for the Sadler Boys.
newatthis

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are wrong about Elliott, he has many things he can do, his family has a very large gas station business with Slip in stations from NC to north of Richmond Va., they also own dealerships and brother Hermie has partial interest in a regional wrestling promotion. You should be so lucky as the Sadlers, you could purchase your won amusement park and drive your own bumper cars. Old Man Herman Sadler made a lot of money for the Sadler Boys.
So he doesn't need NASCAR. Do you think that may have affected his work ethic? I'm sure Amanda has a smile on her face, all that money, wedding soon, no NASCAR-job for her husband.
Mikey fan

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

newatthis wrote:
<quoted text>
So he doesn't need NASCAR. Do you think that may have affected his work ethic? I'm sure Amanda has a smile on her face, all that money, wedding soon, no NASCAR-job for her husband.
yep, things turned out perfect for her. Again, if he's not in NASCAR then she's not on TV. Great all the way around.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
And the twists and turns of the case and the contract will be played out and discovered in court, so you agree that adjudication is the best avenue?
Here's a question. If they buy him out does he even have the right to sue them? Isn't the buy out the way they legally get out of the contract?

Otherwise, yeah the best place for it is in court.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a question. If they buy him out does he even have the right to sue them? Isn't the buy out the way they legally get out of the contract?
Otherwise, yeah the best place for it is in court.
Elliott would have to accept the buy out, the action could be perceived as one that would do damage to his reputation as a driver and hurt his future chances for employment as a driver.

Since: Sep 08

Cottage Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

But why haven't we had any official statements from anyone, yet? Not Gillette-Evernham, not Sadler, not Allmendinger, not nobody! We've all known about it for over a week, and not one official statement! It just seems sneaky! Just make an official statement and get it over with.
Lisa in Alabama

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

It sounds like his career as a race car driver maybe over.

1. He will be tied up in court and in court actions for a few months, and that will take him into the spring.

Do you think anyone will hire him then?

2. If he settles, how long will that take?

Do you think anyone will hire him then?

Personally I think that the only team that would really be interested in him is DEI. I'm sure he doesn't want to go there after he made remarks about Teresa.

BUT, I am sure he wants to race anywhere and anytime. He has that desire...
Chevy Man

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about driving race cars not how much money old Hermy had

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Let's face the facts. Elliott hasn't put up any numbers in the last four years worth bragging about. Most athletic contracts have some type of performance clause which allow the contractor to buy out the contract at less than the value of the remainder of the contract. This is probably the reason Elliott is threatening to sue, in an attempt to keep from losing the difference between the guaranteed amount and whatever the non-performance figure is. As for Elliott breaking contracts in the past, that has absolutely nothing to do with the present situation. I don't see where he has anything to lose. There's no available ride out there worth having so why not go for what he can.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Whoyakidding wrote:
Let's face the facts. Elliott hasn't put up any numbers in the last four years worth bragging about. Most athletic contracts have some type of performance clause which allow the contractor to buy out the contract at less than the value of the remainder of the contract. This is probably the reason Elliott is threatening to sue, in an attempt to keep from losing the difference between the guaranteed amount and whatever the non-performance figure is. As for Elliott breaking contracts in the past, that has absolutely nothing to do with the present situation. I don't see where he has anything to lose. There's no available ride out there worth having so why not go for what he can.
That was one writer's observation that he's just not been putting up the numbers and AJ shows some serious potential along with the capacity to get along with Kasey well.
chris

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

AJ is cheap, Sadler is not! Cutting cost mean cutting expensive drivers so Elliott had to go.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Chevy Man wrote:
<quoted text>Talking about driving race cars not how much money old Hermy had
Actually you were talking about driving bumper cars in an amusement park, attempt to stay on topic here. Never did expect much out of a briar.
Sadler is done

Grand Forks, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

I guess when you have no talent you have to sue. If he thought he was good, he wouldn't worry about finding another ride.

“RIP Daddy 1/6/2010”

Since: Jan 08

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

Sure What His Name out ran Elliott but he also out ran Kasey Kahne. SO maybe they should get rid of Kahne also.

The problem I have is they leaked all this info to the press before Elliott was told he was fired or let go. All Dodge teams are behind and thats why Dodge wont be in Nascar to much longer. They lost Ganassi, Petty,and Robby Gordon already this year. It will be all Ford,Chevy,and Toyota very soon.

Kasey hasnt done anything great the last few years either. Oh so he got a win this past year so what he ran crappy also. Some of Elliotts problems werent his fault, Whats his name wrecking him in how many races????

Gillett cant even make the payment on his European football team, and thats why he couldnt get the money to buy Bill Davis Racing. I am sorry but he just maybe over extending himself and just might find himself in trouble in a year or two.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

Sadler is done wrote:
I guess when you have no talent you have to sue. If he thought he was good, he wouldn't worry about finding another ride.
You mean these guys have to have talent to drive?? I thought you could buy your ride?

(That's me being sarcastic)
chee chee

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean these guys have to have talent to drive?? I thought you could buy your ride?
(That's me being sarcastic)
moron that's what he done since day one is buy rides he can't drive,
chee chee

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you were talking about driving bumper cars in an amusement park, attempt to stay on topic here. Never did expect much out of a briar.
got jealousy?

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

chee chee wrote:
<quoted text>moron that's what he done since day one is buy rides he can't drive,
Dipshit! Apparently you don't get sarcasm. THAT'S THE F*CKING POINT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of69
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Darrell Waltrip Discussions

Search the Darrell Waltrip Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Has the Jeremy Mayfield Saga Gone on Too Long? (Jan '14) Jan '14 Whoyakidding 2
Bobby Labonte's start streak to end at 704 (Jun '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 11
Bobby Labonte streak set to end at 704 starts (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
AJ Allmendinger wins NASCAR Nationwide race (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jusy_Sayn 4
Favre on Allmendinger's mind in Wisconsin (Jun '13) Jun '13 Fred 3
Record-tying 4 women in the field for Indy 500 (May '13) May '13 Jorge 3
Suspended driver Jeremy Mayfield calls radio sh... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Voice of Reality 14
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••