Column: NASCAR needs Kyle Busch to be himself

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: Cybercast News Service 10

It's been a stressful summer for Busch, who finds himself clinging to one of the wild card spots for the 12-driver Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.

Full Story
Duh1

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2012
he is still the best driver in the series. not too agressive but can drive the wheels off any vehicle. all the other drivers are jealous of him & his career. The other drivers always compare to Kyle & use his name,. he is in their heads to lose too. they are soooo obvious when they compare. but I do admit this has not been his year but he will rebound. he is the greatest & really really really loves to race. he has my family votes. & no we are not dumb, but we are entitled to our opinion just as other on here.
Duh1

United States

#2 Aug 27, 2012
I agree with the writer, Kyle needs to be himself!
Green Flag

United States

#3 Aug 27, 2012
I agree with everything Duh1 wrote. It will be a good day when Kyle gets back to himself. And it wouldn't hurt if all of the drivers were judged by the same standards. Kyle always seems to get the brunt of Nascar's decisions. Here's hoping he and Kurt are able to do what they need to do to get going this season. Kyle is the reason I started watching racing; it is so much fun to see how a good, talented, intelligent driver can make watching enjoyable.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

#6 Aug 28, 2012
nicky wrote:
I love younger men. I have dated only men at least 5 years younger and as much as 10 years younger than me for many years. I love the energy and a nice tight bod. Older men just aren't the same, different mentality. I seem to have more in common with younger guys. They're actually more fun and are usually more interested in me. I'm flattered. I think younger men like cougars because they have no agenda, don't usually want to get married and are usually very independent and don't need a man to take care of them. I meet younger men on the site named cougarloving.com
This thread is about stock car racing not how much you enjoy young men, you sound like a gray haired hooker hahaha!!
Diggity Diggity

Vienna, VA

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Duh1 wrote:
he is still the best driver in the series. not too agressive but can drive the wheels off any vehicle. all the other drivers are jealous of him & his career. The other drivers always compare to Kyle & use his name,. he is in their heads to lose too. they are soooo obvious when they compare. but I do admit this has not been his year but he will rebound. he is the greatest & really really really loves to race. he has my family votes. & no we are not dumb, but we are entitled to our opinion just as other on here.
What are you smokin' besides Lil Busch's pole? Best driver? Hardly. He's a legend in his own mind never winning a Sprint Cup championship. You gonna miss him when he's not going to be in the Chase this year. Let him drive his own car and get pulled over for speeding. He can do that. LOL
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#8 Aug 28, 2012
^ Not a Kyle Bush fan here by any means...I sure don't count him outta the chase ,just yet.
The kid is one heck of a driver no doubt about that. Only this season, it's plain & simple to see, this has been one of those season's.. If it wasn't for bad luck, Kyle would'nt have any at all!
I hope to see him make it in. jmo.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#9 Aug 28, 2012
* BUSCH *
Casual Observer

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2012
Being himself is what got him a hairs breadth away from losing his gig.

I admit as a fan, I was interested to see what he was going to do next, get into it with a driver, someone from the media, etc, as the next guy... But even his biggest fans should realize he was very close to have his wheels taken away, as well as the sponsors.

He needs to find the happy medium someplace that will still make him a fiery competitor, while not showing the traits that almost got him kicked out of NASCAR. JMHO.

“Psalms 51”

Since: Jun 12

Maggie Valley NC

#11 Aug 28, 2012
Casual Observer wrote:
Being himself is what got him a hairs breadth away from losing his gig.
I admit as a fan, I was interested to see what he was going to do next, get into it with a driver, someone from the media, etc, as the next guy... But even his biggest fans should realize he was very close to have his wheels taken away, as well as the sponsors.
He needs to find the happy medium someplace that will still make him a fiery competitor, while not showing the traits that almost got him kicked out of NASCAR. JMHO.
Very nice post!!!! Kyle did just about lose it all by being himself. Hes growing up and realizing that the "Rowdy" personna he was making for himself was not the route to go. He is a very talented young man behind the wheel of a racecar. Im afraid if he goes back to being himself eventually nobody will want much to do with him. sponsors, Gibbs, etc, even NASCAR, they have told many drivers that they didnt need them, but that they needed NASCAR. I think after Richard Childress put his "Rowdy" butt in a head lock and popped his jaw last year reality started settling in and Kyle realized that folks just wasnt going to put up with him attemting to be something he wasnt........rowdy!!!!
cowboy

Marion, VA

#12 Aug 28, 2012
Diggity Diggity wrote:
<quoted text>What are you smokin' besides Lil Busch's pole? Best driver? Hardly. He's a legend in his own mind never winning a Sprint Cup championship. You gonna miss him when he's not going to be in the Chase this year. Let him drive his own car and get pulled over for speeding. He can do that. LOL
you go ahead and set there and watch it on TV buddy boo you dont know jack bout racin if you think he cant drive hes the best thing tthat happen for nascar senses Dale sr. passed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dario Franchitti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski Nov '14 freadrich 1
Penske supports Keselowski after latest NASCAR ... Nov '14 Damion Wells 2
2014 Texas II (Chase 8): Cole Whitt NASCAR Spri... Oct '14 Bobby James 1
Grand jury to hear Tony Stewart fatal collision... Sep '14 RayOne 3
Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury Sep '14 rayjr 1
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug '14 Manic 2 39
Josh Wise's fans look to unseat Earnhardt Jr. Aug '14 flatt 7