- Frustrated' Stewart rotates tire tr...

- Frustrated' Stewart rotates tire trashing

There are 10 comments on the Journal Gazette story from Mar 13, 2008, titled - Frustrated' Stewart rotates tire trashing. In it, Journal Gazette reports that:

“Just nobody got real vocal about it until after the race. When you're stuck in a car for 3 1/2 to 4 hours and it drives like crap, you're going to be upset.”

Tony Stewart defended his harsh criticism of the tires Goodyear brought to Atlanta last weekend and said that it was time to speak out after years of closed-door meetings failed to produce a solution. via Journal Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Gazette.

petch

AOL

#1 Mar 13, 2008
tony you are 100percent right all that the france family thinks about is money they dont care who gets hurt or how many of millions wasted by owners its exciting to see a driver hit a wall at 200 miles per hourdont forget goodyear killed a nhra driver last year with a wall blowout this year they almost got john force
JS Indiana

Ellicott City, MD

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Tony has always said what most of the other drivers are thinking but don't have the guts to say it. More drivers need to speak out like Tony and maybe issues would get more attention.

“TonyfanAnn”

Since: Dec 06

Someplace in the United States

#3 Mar 14, 2008
Jimmie Johnson was once quoted as saying if you want something done, put a bug in Stewart's ear, and he will get it done!
petch

AOL

#4 Mar 14, 2008
GOODYEAR IS TRYING TO COVER THEIR BUTTS BY SAYING TONY DIDNT WANT TO TEST GOODYEAR AND HE WAS FORCED TO DO SO PROBALY BY GIBBS AND THEY SAY HE DIDNT COOPERRATE WITH GOODYEAR IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO COME UP WITH THAT WHIMPY ANSWER WOW.AND BULLSTUFF
EWBS

Burlington, WI

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Even Jimmie Johnson has said that tire testing is useless. No matter how much information drivers give to Goodyear, they never use that info and do what they want. Tony said he and other drivers have tried to talk to Goodyear, talked behind closed doors and did the politically correct stuff, but Goodyear didn't listen, so Tony thought going public was the only way to get Goodyear to wake up and listen. The tire testing that Tony was forced to do in Vegas last December would have pissed me off too. If I had to cancel plans, I sure wouldn't be happy to go someplace for stupid tire testing.

SpdBmp

Since: Apr 07

Oakland, CA

#6 Mar 15, 2008
EWBS wrote:
Even Jimmie Johnson has said that tire testing is useless. No matter how much information drivers give to Goodyear, they never use that info and do what they want. Tony said he and other drivers have tried to talk to Goodyear, talked behind closed doors and did the politically correct stuff, but Goodyear didn't listen, so Tony thought going public was the only way to get Goodyear to wake up and listen. The tire testing that Tony was forced to do in Vegas last December would have pissed me off too. If I had to cancel plans, I sure wouldn't be happy to go someplace for stupid tire testing.
I don't know about USELESS, but I agree that it shouldn't be taken as gospel either. The COT has thrown a monkey wrench into this equation as well, and the weather has not been what people have come to expect either. I don't know how long it takes to make a set of tires for a NASCAR event, but I'm pretty sure the weather will be different by the time they are done! Obviously, as is the case in PinHead vs. GoodYear in Las Vegas ... Tony was one of the drivers who tested tires at that facility in December '07, he was injured after a blown tire at the same track four months later ... does anybody think that the same tires should have been used? Or could that info even be turned around that quickly? I don't know! But I have heard that Tony was an unwilling participant during that test and followed it up by placing blame on everybody else in Atlanta ... typical PinHead - BLOWING SMOKE! Too bad he can drive so well, but his new teammate is likely to smoke all of his JGR/NASCAR records before he's done racing - GO KYLE!

SpdBmp

Oakland, CA

#7 Mar 15, 2008
petch wrote:
GOODYEAR IS TRYING TO COVER THEIR BUTTS BY SAYING TONY DIDNT WANT TO TEST GOODYEAR AND HE WAS FORCED TO DO SO PROBALY BY GIBBS AND THEY SAY HE DIDNT COOPERRATE WITH GOODYEAR IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO COME UP WITH THAT WHIMPY ANSWER WOW.AND BULLSTUFF
So who's butt is Tony covering? He said today that it was true! And i would imagine you are partly correct about JGR wanting PinHead there, but Toyota wanted him there too I bet! I am guessing that Tony has a bigger issue with the switch to Toyota than anything else. Now the question remains, when his contract ends ... will he leave? Will he be as sought after by then as Jr. was in '07, and L'il Kyle too as a result?
luvtonyseyes

Barre, VT

#8 Mar 15, 2008
petch wrote:
I was thinking that was a bit of a childish response for them to come up with.

Kind of like Kurt Busch getting summoned to the nascar hauler for ramming a car on pitroad and then insulting the person he rammed about his weight....had nothing to do with the problem at hand.

“Here's to all the nonbelievers”

Since: Aug 07

Peterborough, ON, Canada

#10 Mar 15, 2008
EWBS wrote:
Wasn't the "plans" he had to cancel travelling to London to see Led Zepplin's Reunion concert at Wimbley Stadium? That's a once-in-a-lifetime thing and he was forced to give his tickets up! I'd be p'o-ed too! It wasn't like he canceled plans to go bowling or something. It was a once-off thing. He gave up dream tickets to do a test which many of the drivers have admitted is of no benefit to them (Jr said that Goodyear doesn't even ask the drivers opinions on how the tire feels, they just gather their own data and use it). I empathize with Smoke on this one!

SpdBmp

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Mar 15, 2008
JGR Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the "plans" he had to cancel travelling to London to see Led Zepplin's Reunion concert at Wimbley Stadium? That's a once-in-a-lifetime thing and he was forced to give his tickets up! I'd be p'o-ed too! It wasn't like he canceled plans to go bowling or something. It was a once-off thing. He gave up dream tickets to do a test which many of the drivers have admitted is of no benefit to them (Jr said that Goodyear doesn't even ask the drivers opinions on how the tire feels, they just gather their own data and use it). I empathize with Smoke on this one!
I had not heard that part of the story, would you mind sharing a link that might direct me to it so I can read it myself? Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Jarrett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Dale jarrett divorcing his wife (Feb '08) Aug '16 dan 16
Selling Dale jarrett diecast collection (Apr '06) Jun '15 GKronos58 12
News Tony Stewart Lashes Out At Reporter Who Asks If... (Feb '10) Feb '12 whatever 183
News Stewart Says Nascar a Much Different Sport With... (Oct '11) Nov '11 nasfan155556etc 4
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. seeking NASCAR rebound at In... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 10
News Tom Bowles: Chase playoff hurting NASCAR popula... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Wooy 48
News Tony Stewarta s 3 Girlfriends & The 20 Year His... (Jan '11) Jan '11 ruttrosmokesmojo 7
More from around the web