CUP: New Crew Chief For Junior? Maybe After The Season

Nov 16, 2010 Full story: Fox News 95

Dale Earnhardt Jr. doesn't want to think about personnel issues with his No. 88 team until after the season finale this week at Homestead-Miami Speedway .

Read more

“Earnhardt Fans Rule”

Since: Sep 07

Florida

#21 Nov 19, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is Jr needs to grow up, without his Daddy there to hold his hand, he's just a cry-baby.
Good point.
What I am saying is that I think Dale Jr would be happy with anything he did. If his dad had been a mason he would have wanted to lay bricks for him. His father wasn't around when he was a akid so racing was a way to connect with him

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#22 Nov 20, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Really, I think it is about that simple. I remember how I was at 25 versus 40...
I should tell you some of the 'invincibility test' stuff I was dumb enough to try at a younger age. LOL

But yes, I am agreeing that what you say is part of the problem, but after the reasearch into his numbers, I saw that very odd anomoly that doesn't make sense.

HOW can junior be end up in a better points position (16th)back in 07 with 9 more DNFs than this season where he's sitting in 17th? This seems to imply that his performance isn't always the primary factor in this. Only way this makes sense is if everyone else is getting better. Not saying he's not getting worse, no. But by looking at his numbers, I definitely see a field with much better performance record this season than in 07 where he ranks higher even with +9 DNFs.
Elizabeth

Lakeland, FL

#23 Nov 21, 2010
jgibbens wrote:
The key to making Jr run well again is to bring his father back from the grave. He had the drive to race to get the attention of his father. When he lost him he lost his drive.
Oh please, give it a rest. The man is not a child who lost his father. Even though he acts like a baby does not mean he is one.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#24 Nov 21, 2010
Jr. could have 88 crew chiefs at the same time and it wouldn't make a difference. Jr. simply doesn't have what it takes to be a winner. He flat out sucks, in todays Nascar.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#25 Nov 22, 2010
Congrats jr on another stellar year!!! 2011 will be the year that jr makes his return to victory lane and a major contender for the cup. Give it a week or so, and again jr AGAIN will be the main focus on NASCAR and JJ's 5 in a row will be a memory lost in the world of the "also ran's" sometimes referred to as the other competing NASCAR drivers. Sit back and enjoy 'til Daytona for the "jr this" and "jr that" and "Jimmie who??"
annie

Harrisonburg, VA

#26 Nov 22, 2010
3TOES wrote:
Congrats jr on another stellar year!!! 2011 will be the year that jr makes his return to victory lane and a major contender for the cup. Give it a week or so, and again jr AGAIN will be the main focus on NASCAR and JJ's 5 in a row will be a memory lost in the world of the "also ran's" sometimes referred to as the other competing NASCAR drivers. Sit back and enjoy 'til Daytona for the "jr this" and "jr that" and "Jimmie who??"
Wake up and smell the roses!!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#27 Nov 22, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "coffee"...

"Wake up and smell the coffee."

You're confusing your quotes, I'm sure you got that one confused with the "Rose-colored glasses" phrase, that's the one about how all the Dale Jr fans are blind to the reality that Dale Jr sucks and he'll never win a championship because he doesn't have the talent.
Smoke2008

Bristol, CT

#28 Nov 22, 2010
Jr. had his best cup season after Dale was dead. So the theory that he needs his Dad to win is moot. Much as I love Dale Earnhardt, his older children were not an integral part of his life during his greatest success in Nascar. All he wanted to do was win - at any cost. He did. I think he suffered for it in a lot of ways. Happened to Yippee too - won, but a what cost? Now he has a wife he actually loves, two children he adores. He hasn't forgotten how to drive a racecar anymore then Jr. has, but as a previous poster noted - times and age change people and their priorities. I think Minnie-Me will be a lot different next season. He got a whole new list to look at.
None of this applies to Junior, except that He (and his fanatics) must know that times marches on and so must we all - even if all our dreams don't come true. To the Haters - you have my sympathy - what a waste of valuable time.
To ALL who are out there, have a Happy and Joyous Thanksgiving with the ones you hold most dear.
God Bless.
95 Thunderbird

Woodstock, Canada

#29 Nov 22, 2010
Smoke2008 wrote:
Jr. had his best cup season after Dale was dead. So the theory that he needs his Dad to win is moot. Much as I love Dale Earnhardt, his older children were not an integral part of his life during his greatest success in Nascar. All he wanted to do was win - at any cost. He did. I think he suffered for it in a lot of ways. Happened to Yippee too - won, but a what cost? Now he has a wife he actually loves, two children he adores. He hasn't forgotten how to drive a racecar anymore then Jr. has, but as a previous poster noted - times and age change people and their priorities. I think Minnie-Me will be a lot different next season. He got a whole new list to look at.
None of this applies to Junior, except that He (and his fanatics) must know that times marches on and so must we all - even if all our dreams don't come true. To the Haters - you have my sympathy - what a waste of valuable time.
To ALL who are out there, have a Happy and Joyous Thanksgiving with the ones you hold most dear.
God Bless.
What in the hell were you trying to say?

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

#30 Nov 23, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
What has jr done to deserve the top billing in NASCAR???
Hilton Head

United States

#31 Nov 23, 2010
3TOES wrote:
<quoted text>
What has jr done to deserve the top billing in NASCAR???
Last names Earnhardt
annie

Dayton, VA

#32 Nov 23, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
That's "coffee"...
"Wake up and smell the coffee."
You're confusing your quotes, I'm sure you got that one confused with the "Rose-colored glasses" phrase, that's the one about how all the Dale Jr fans are blind to the reality that Dale Jr sucks and he'll never win a championship because he doesn't have the talent.
No my dear if you notice I did not post wake up and smell the roses as a quote I just like roses. Has nothing to do with rose colored glasses. Dale Jr fans like Dale Jr win or lose, win a champion ship or not. Has nothing to do with Dale Jr' name. Dale Jr is the face of NASCAR so I guess you will just have to get over your hate for Dale Jr. I could care less what the Dale Jr haters say about Dale Jr.

“Just quit jr.”

WVU

#33 Nov 23, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
No my dear if you notice I did not post wake up and smell the roses as a quote I just like roses. Has nothing to do with rose colored glasses. Dale Jr fans like Dale Jr win or lose, win a champion ship or not. Has nothing to do with Dale Jr' name. Dale Jr is the face of NASCAR so I guess you will just have to get over your hate for Dale Jr. I could care less what the Dale Jr haters say about Dale Jr.
Why is jr the face of NASCAR as you put it, and not a 5 in a row cup champion like JJ??? JJ has won more championships in the last five years than jr has won races, and yet people have the nerve to say jr is the "face of NASCAR"....wake up and just smell something!!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#34 Nov 23, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate Dale Jr, so there's nothing to get over. I'm just commenting on NASCAR topics and Dale Jr is part of that, unfortunately the press won't let us ignore him, so we discuss him. You just have to get over the fact that most of the Jr related discussion is negative because, well...frankly, the guy doesn't do anything worth cheering about or celebrating. So, to discuss him, honestly, one has to be discussing negative things. That doesn't mean we hate him, it's just the truth about him.

Dale Jr is not the face of NASCAR, he's not even a contender for any of NASCAR's sought after titles or even just a single checkered flag. Guess you'll just have to get over that.
Smoke2008

Bristol, CT

#35 Nov 23, 2010
95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the hell were you trying to say?
Read it again - slowly - and try not to let your hate cloud your mind Grasshopper.
Jim

Concord, NH

#36 Nov 23, 2010
I think he fell off his soapbox and hit his head and as a result recieved drain bramage (that's not a typo).

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#37 Nov 23, 2010
Jim wrote:
I think he fell off his soapbox and hit his head and as a result recieved drain bramage (that's not a typo).

Actually, DRAIN BRAMAGE would be sort of inconsistent with the inversion since Damage does not have an R.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#38 Nov 23, 2010
Well, well, well kiddies. You're getting your wish. That sorry ass crew chief that has kept Jr. from the winners circle this year is being replaced. Not only is Jr. getting a new crew chief, the 88 team is also being moved up to the big shop with the 48 team. Hendrick made the announcement late this afternoon that Steve Letarte will be the crew chief for the 88 car next year and that the team will share the shop with the 48 crew that previously has been occupied by the 24 team. Lance McGrew will move to the 5 team and crew chief for Martin and Alan Gustafson will move to the 24 and crew chief for Jeff. Well, at least Hendrick has finally put all the dead brains in the same spot. McGrew probably feels like Santa came early this year. I think Jeff will do a lot better with Alan than he did with Labrainfart. I'm considering whether a sympathy card would be appropriate for Chad since I think he just got designated resident baby sitter.
Bama

Luverne, AL

#39 Nov 23, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Well, well, well kiddies. You're getting your wish. That sorry ass crew chief that has kept Jr. from the winners circle this year is being replaced. Not only is Jr. getting a new crew chief, the 88 team is also being moved up to the big shop with the 48 team. Hendrick made the announcement late this afternoon that Steve Letarte will be the crew chief for the 88 car next year and that the team will share the shop with the 48 crew that previously has been occupied by the 24 team. Lance McGrew will move to the 5 team and crew chief for Martin and Alan Gustafson will move to the 24 and crew chief for Jeff. Well, at least Hendrick has finally put all the dead brains in the same spot. McGrew probably feels like Santa came early this year. I think Jeff will do a lot better with Alan than he did with Labrainfart. I'm considering whether a sympathy card would be appropriate for Chad since I think he just got designated resident baby sitter.
Jr want do any better with Steve at all...so lets try again
You get over it

Katy, TX

#40 Nov 23, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
My guess is, next year the 48 team will sink, due to the drain placed on them by the 88 team. Just as Mark crapped out after they took his engine builders to put on the 88 car. Didn't help Jr a bit, but it killed Martin. Same thing will happen to Jimmie next year. When will Hendrick learn, it's not the team or the garage, the problem with the 88 team is the driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. is building a treehouse on h... 14 hr WWE CRASHCAR 2015 4
Dale Jr. wins first twin qualifier Feb '15 WHOYAKIDDING 1
Amy R / Adultress (Jan '09) Dec '14 justleaveitalone 2,920
nascar is fixed...here's the prooof!!!! (Feb '11) Sep '14 JrNationMakesMeLaugh 32
Dale Jr Fans Only (Aug '07) Sep '14 hatchet 10,740
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
More from around the web