Earnhardt feels closer to return to Victory Lane

Apr 14, 2012 Full story: Hawk Eye 171

FORT WORTH, Texas - Dale Earnhardt Jr. seems so close to finally winning again. There was his runner-up finish in the season-opening Daytona 500 and consecutive third-place finishes before the Easter weekend break.

Full Story
izzie

Penn Laird, VA

#164 Jun 26, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Bein real. Jr has the equipment, the crew, and all the support to win championships. Does he have the talent?
Sure Dale Jr has the talent!!Why do you need to ask such a silly question! Just trolling I suppose!

“Psalms 51”

Since: Jun 12

Maggie Valley NC

#165 Jun 26, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Bein Real. Jr joining Hendrick Motorsports is synonomous with Arod joining the Yankees for the purpose of getting a ring. When Arod batted .119 in the palyoffs, there were haters. When Lebron joined the Heat and assembled the dream team around him and played "soft" in the playoffs, there were haters. When Jr joined HMS and ran poorly, guess what? there were haters. Its a fact of life in all sports.
Your right, its a fact of life in all sports. Look, I dont think Jr is a god or anything like that, I dont worship him. I guess you could boil it down to me being a ol boy from NC, who had the privilige of seein the old man Ralph race at Hickory years ago as a kid, and seeing the attention he had from the stands and the other racers and how he drove with authority and aggressivness, then came Dale Sr. man he wrecked and tore up some cars, his own and other drivers as well, I thought man, he sure aint his Daddy, but then he blossomed and became the driver he became and I pulled for him, then came Jr, he seemed way different from the start, even as a rookie in the Busch series or even before that, like when he raced at Myrtle Beach, he had somethin, I dont know what, just sumthin likeable and hopeful. He did real good in Busch winning what........2 championships then going into cup seem to have a handle on winning and bein a good racer. then Sr died, something changed and we all know how he lost a handle on everything and the last several years has been trying, to say the least to be his fan. Mr Hendrick signed Jr cause Jr and his step mama didnt see things on the same page. I feel like it was Sr's intent for Jr and Kelly to wind up with DEI but who knows for sure, he died and left a lot to speculation. But Hendrick signed him, whether as a cash cow or as a driver who could progeressively win some championships. Who knows for sure what the motives were from Hendrick?? but Jr needed a ride and Hendrick gave him one for one reason or another. They both have profited from Jrs exisistance at HMS. But for whatever the reason, I just like Jr, and your right, some just hate him. For whatever reason or whatever. He hadnt done as well as I would have wanted but Im still that ol boy from NC and Im just partial to a NC driver, which there aint to many left today. The sport used to be full of southern drivers cause its a southern sport and the south is where the drivers raced and developed and moved up in the ranks to Cup status. I could rattle off some names but I wont cause I done wrote way more than I intended to.We live in a place where we have chioces, I choose to be a Jr fan, I dont dislike or hate any other driver, just like Jr the most. Thats the way it is in sports of any kind. So, if that makes me a loser to pull for Jr, then whatever, words and hate dont hurt me. If Jr slumps like you say, Ill still be his fan, if he was to win the championship, ill feed you your crow and heckle you to no end, cause thats how it is in sports also!! Its just stockcar racin, lets enjoy it without hurtin each other. And yes I think Jr has the talent, he wouldnt be employed as a Cup driver if he didnt. Is he the best, No, that would be Smoke cause hes the current champ, thats just how I see it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#166 Jun 26, 2012
izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Dale Jr has the talent!!Why do you need to ask such a silly question! Just trolling I suppose!
The question was does he have the talent to win a championship...maybe you didn't read carefully before replying, "izzie".
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#167 Jun 26, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
23rd at Sonoma. Summer slump. Happens every year.
He did not wreck himself. He was running 13th and Burton got hit then he slammed Jr. He is still in a good position. I think a lot of cars are more in a slump than Jr. What's going on with your Kylie Busch?????? Or might I ask Cousin Carl???????
izzie

Penn Laird, VA

#168 Jun 26, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>The question was does he have the talent to win a championship...maybe you didn't read carefully before replying, "izzie".
Sorry I confused you! Yes Dale Jr has the talent to win a championship!! Now maybe you can understand did not know I needed to be so precise!

Location hidden

#169 Jun 26, 2012
izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I confused you! Yes Dale Jr has the talent to win a championship!! Now maybe you can understand did not know I needed to be so precise!
OK I didn't expect anything less izzie.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#170 Jun 26, 2012
izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly question? Dale Jr has one of the lowest winning %'s of any driver that ever drove for HMS (wins/starts). No driver before him was given 5 seasons to "gel". Silly question? Just "bein real"
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#171 Jun 27, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly question? Dale Jr has one of the lowest winning %'s of any driver that ever drove for HMS (wins/starts). No driver before him was given 5 seasons to "gel". Silly question? Just "bein real"
No other driver had the fans that Jr. has. I guess Mr H likes him. He wasted no time getting rid of Kylie.

Location hidden

#172 Jun 27, 2012
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>
No other driver had the fans that Jr. has. I guess Mr H likes him. He wasted no time getting rid of Kylie.
Hahaha he sure didn't waste any time, but I can't help but to think when Kyle started driving the wheels off Joe Gibb's cars and winning in every class that Mr. Hendrick thought he made a mistake considering he can count Joonyer's wins on two fingers....just a thought Snow.
Hilton Head

Altamonte Springs, FL

#173 Jun 27, 2012
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Junior-451 races over 14 years with 19 wins. Kyle-273 races over 9 years with 24 wins.
izzie

Penn Laird, VA

#174 Jun 27, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
A little bit of jealousy going on here!! eat your heart out Menards!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#175 Jun 28, 2012
izzie wrote:
<quoted text>
A little bit of jealousy going on here!! eat your heart out Menards!
Jealous of what exactly?
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#176 Jun 29, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha he sure didn't waste any time, but I can't help but to think when Kyle started driving the wheels off Joe Gibb's cars and winning in every class that Mr. Hendrick thought he made a mistake considering he can count Joonyer's wins on two fingers....just a thought Snow.
Looks like Kylie has hit a slump after wrecking Hornaday in the truck race. He got tossed out of his next race and dang near lost his sponsor. He cooled his attitude in a hurry and with all his problems with the 18 car his year has not been that great. I think he is a great driver and he is favored to win at Kentucky this weekend.I know Mr H .can count Jr wins on 2 fingers but Jr is bringing him in more money than any driver he has.
Nationwide Race tonight..Happy Racing.....

Location hidden

#177 Jun 30, 2012
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like Kylie has hit a slump after wrecking Hornaday in the truck race. He got tossed out of his next race and dang near lost his sponsor. He cooled his attitude in a hurry and with all his problems with the 18 car his year has not been that great. I think he is a great driver and he is favored to win at Kentucky this weekend.I know Mr H .can count Jr wins on 2 fingers but Jr is bringing him in more money than any driver he has.
Nationwide Race tonight..Happy Racing.....
Joonyer aint bringing Mr. Hendrick more money than any driver he has, on the track Snow....AND if he is then it's about dang time he started supporting his stay at HMS instead of Jimmie and Jeff doing all the work while Joonyer sells die cast cars and t-shirts....you act as if he's been doing this since he's been at HMS...Joonyer wont see nothing at Ky. but the back bumper of the 88, 24 and the 18 and I hope the 51 puts him in the wall when he drives by Joonyer.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#178 Jun 30, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Joonyer aint bringing Mr. Hendrick more money than any driver he has, on the track Snow....AND if he is then it's about dang time he started supporting his stay at HMS instead of Jimmie and Jeff doing all the work while Joonyer sells die cast cars and t-shirts....you act as if he's been doing this since he's been at HMS...Joonyer wont see nothing at Ky. but the back bumper of the 88, 24 and the 18 and I hope the 51 puts him in the wall when he drives by Joonyer.
The 51 is racing on thin ice he had better be careful who he puts into the wall.

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

#179 Jun 30, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Joonyer aint bringing Mr. Hendrick more money than any driver he has, on the track Snow....AND if he is then it's about dang time he started supporting his stay at HMS instead of Jimmie and Jeff doing all the work while Joonyer sells die cast cars and t-shirts....you act as if he's been doing this since he's been at HMS...Joonyer wont see nothing at Ky. but the back bumper of the 88, 24 and the 18 and I hope the 51 puts him in the wall when he drives by Joonyer.
Just wonderin hatch, how is it that Jr will see the back bumper of the 88 when he drives the 88???? Now, we all in JrNation hold him in great regards but even he, Jr, has his limits and I dont think even he can see his on back bumper while hes driving the 88. I hope the 24 does well this weekend, been a while since he visited victory lane, his losing streak is way longer than Jr's now as Jr's is at 1 and Jeffs is at..........well, you tell me, hes your driver, when was the last time the 24 won one?????? Bout time for him to start earning his keep at HMS, his t shirt sales are down along with evrything else about the 24. This racin business sure is a rollercoaster ride....up and down.......up and down, dont nobody stay on top forever!!!!!!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#180 Jun 30, 2012
Uncle John Duckett wrote:
<quoted text>Just wonderin hatch, how is it that Jr will see the back bumper of the 88 when he drives the 88???? Now, we all in JrNation hold him in great regards but even he, Jr, has his limits and I dont think even he can see his on back bumper while hes driving the 88. I hope the 24 does well this weekend, been a while since he visited victory lane, his losing streak is way longer than Jr's now as Jr's is at 1 and Jeffs is at..........well, you tell me, hes your driver, when was the last time the 24 won one?????? Bout time for him to start earning his keep at HMS, his t shirt sales are down along with evrything else about the 24. This racin business sure is a rollercoaster ride....up and down.......up and down, dont nobody stay on top forever!!!!!!
I was wondering how Jr could see his back bummer also.

Location hidden

#181 Jun 30, 2012
<quoted text>Just wonderin hatch, how is it that Jr will see the back bumper of the 88 when he drives the 88???? Now, we all in JrNation hold him in great regards but even he, Jr, has his limits and I dont think even he can see his on back bumper while hes driving the 88. I hope the 24 does well this weekend, been a while since he visited victory lane, his losing streak is way longer than Jr's now as Jr's is at 1 and Jeffs is at..........well, you tell me, hes your driver, when was the last time the 24 won one?????? Bout time for him to start earning his keep at HMS, his t shirt sales are down along with evrything else about the 24. This racin business sure is a rollercoaster ride....up and down.......up and down, dont nobody stay on top forever!!!!!!
LOL I meant the 48, and the four time champ has EARNED his keep at HMS, Joonyer has not.

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

#182 Jun 30, 2012
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I meant the 48, and the four time champ has EARNED his keep at HMS, Joonyer has not.
Only in your eyes my friend, because of your unfounded hatred for Jr. Mr Hendrick, who writes the checks must be very happy with Jr's existance with HMS cause he still has a ride in the 88 and all the support he can git from Rick Hendrick. And yes Jeffypoo is a 4 time champ, but JJ is a 5 time in a row champ, Kasey Kahne is a ........good driver and will be a champ someday, so will Jr, but in the meantime, the 48 team is the elite at HMS. Poor Jeffypoo hasnt won one in a good while, Jr's won since he has, that bothers you dont it, that Jeffypoos losing streak is longer than Jr's now..........LOL, thats funny, I dont care who you are!!!!

Location hidden

#183 Jun 30, 2012
<quoted text>Only in your eyes my friend, because of your unfounded hatred for Jr. Mr Hendrick, who writes the checks must be very happy with Jr's existance with HMS cause he still has a ride in the 88 and all the support he can git from Rick Hendrick. And yes Jeffypoo is a 4 time champ, but JJ is a 5 time in a row champ, Kasey Kahne is a ........good driver and will be a champ someday, so will Jr, but in the meantime, the 48 team is the elite at HMS. Poor Jeffypoo hasnt won one in a good while, Jr's won since he has, that bothers you dont it, that Jeffypoos losing streak is longer than Jr's now..........LOL, thats funny, I dont care who you are!!!!
What's funny is a 4 year long losing streak, gotta be a record for a "elite" driver such as Joonyer...85 wins and 4 championships says enough...19 wins and zero championsips (and never will be a cup champ) is ALL you have to brag about. Got any more Uncle hahahaha!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar is fixed...here's the prooof!!!! (Feb '11) Sep '14 JrNationMakesMeLaugh 32
Dale Jr Fans Only (Aug '07) Sep '14 hatchet 10,740
Amy R / Adultress (Jan '09) Sep '14 Disgusted 2,919
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
Does Dale Jr smoke? (Nov '07) Aug '14 Yes 198
dale jr comes out of the closet and admits love... (Oct '06) Jul '14 ug2bn2win 84
More from around the web