Empty Seats: NASCAR Fans Tired of Needless Changes

There are 11 comments on the Oct 29, 2010, The Pilot story titled Empty Seats: NASCAR Fans Tired of Needless Changes. In it, The Pilot reports that:

I watched a great race at Martinsville Raceway. Lots of lead changes. Great racing throughout the field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Pilot.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Snow

Waveland, IN

#63 Nov 13, 2010
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew the Burton brothers, you would know that Ward is much the deeper thinker. Ward is doing great work in wildlife conservation in and around his native state. He now has a son who races at South Boston, by the name of Jeb who is doing very well.
One of the more funny things I ever heard Ward say was in answer to a question asked by a radio person, she asked Ward that since he and Jeff were brothers and close to boot, why did he have such a heavy accent and Jeff did not. Ward, without hesitation, stated, the answer is easy, I was born on the southern end of the house.
I fear that far too many people confuse accents with education and intellect. I know that many of the people on the West Coast and North East feel that way.
Thank you for that update on the
Burton brothers. That statement from Ward was funny. Do you think Jeb with move up to Arca or Nationwide any time soon? Wonder which
end of the house Jeb was on..lol
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#64 Nov 13, 2010
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for that update on the
Burton brothers. That statement from Ward was funny. Do you think Jeb with move up to Arca or Nationwide any time soon? Wonder which
end of the house Jeb was on..lol
I do not know what is in store for Jeb, right now he is having a ball running in a support division at South Boston, nothing too heavy. With the current economic condition it would be hard to say what he will do in the future or if Jeff would have the juice to give him a lot of help. Ward had slipped quite a bit before leaving Cup racing with his last couple of attempts in the Morgan McClure #4 that was mostly made up of our of date parts.
hfv688

Welland, Canada

#65 Nov 13, 2010
Wait until Toyota wins this championship true fans will not except it, only a bunch plugs that work at their plants. America dies a little more when you sell what made you a great country to the highest bidder. Sad very SAD........more empty seats....
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#66 Nov 14, 2010
hfv688 wrote:
Wait until Toyota wins this championship true fans will not except it, only a bunch plugs that work at their plants. America dies a little more when you sell what made you a great country to the highest bidder. Sad very SAD........more empty seats....
I do not think that Toyota has anything to do with it, at this point (according to sales figures) more American people choose the Toyota Camry than most other makes and models made today. Look out in the parking lot and see how many Toyota Trucks and Toyota cars that are out there. I was once a "Be American, Buy American" person, however, from the mid 80s the American Manufactures forgot a little thing called quality. Yes, our family owned two Cavilers, a 1985 that were built with faulty Rack and pinion and a 1990 that had torque to demand head bolts that stretched over time and blew head gaskets. We owned Chrysler (never again) neons that were famous for blowing head gaskets and had a hard time with paint problems. We owned ford taurus vehicles that on the 3.8 also blew head gaskets as well as all of them having a crappy transaxle that would not hold up.

Today my wife and I own a 2009 Mazda 5, a 2005 Scion tC and a 1990 Nissan truck that we use to haul and take things to the dump.
The Mazda has only 2,000 miles as the wife works from home, the Scion has almost 100,000 miles and the Nissan has over 200,000 miles and except for one timing chain, none of them have had anything replaced except for brakes and tires.

Remember the old saying, "What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday"? "
Well there are a hell of a lot of Toyotas being sold.
Snow

Waveland, IN

#67 Nov 14, 2010
I have a daughter who bought a new Honda Civic she is really happy with it. She made me laugh when she named it Daisy. It has all the extra's and she
say's its the best car she has ever owned. I have
my new Chevy Camero and in the winter months I always drive my boyfriend's hummer (a gas hog).
rrs540

United States

#68 Nov 15, 2010
Ford Explorer 162,000 miles, low maintence, but some people dont know to take care of their cars. Nascar would rather have family sedans rather than actual sports cars. Cavaliers were notorious pos, I will agree. But, at Nascar tracks I saw mostly Silverados, Rams, and F-Series. Maybe a couple Tundra but no Toyota cars, dont know which track you went to. Most real Nascar fans drive Big 3 trucks, not Hybrids
rrs540

United States

#69 Nov 15, 2010
Found out that even Kyle Busch drives an Escalade haha

“Earnhardt Fans Rule”

Since: Sep 07

Florida

#70 Nov 17, 2010
Its funny at daytona to see Kyle's M&m's Toyota show care being pulled by a Silverado.
Hilton Head

United States

#71 Nov 18, 2010
Just because Kyle drives a Toyota for Gibbs doesn't mean he has to own one or even like them. I'm sure he doesn't eat Sushi every night either.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#72 Nov 18, 2010
Earth to NASCAR fans, those POS COTs are not Fords, Chevys, Dodges, or Toyotas.
marcus

Rebecca, GA

#73 Nov 19, 2010
nascar is a whimpy sport for sissy boys,when they gona have the "gayish 500" get in a real job nascar is just sterring wheel holders and 3year old can do that right junior?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... Apr 14 tom wingo 6
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. is building a treehouse on h... Apr 11 tom wingo 11
Dale Jr. wins first twin qualifier Feb '15 WHOYAKIDDING 1
Amy R / Adultress (Jan '09) Dec '14 justleaveitalone 2,920
nascar is fixed...here's the prooof!!!! (Feb '11) Sep '14 JrNationMakesMeLaugh 32
Dale Jr Fans Only (Aug '07) Sep '14 hatchet 10,740
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
More from around the web