Dale Jr. noticeably missing from NASCAR's big bash

Dec 2, 2009 Full story: Fox Sports 66

NASCAR will honor four-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson and its top 10 drivers Friday night in Las Vegas, but the sport's biggest star won't be there.

Full Story
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#42 Dec 6, 2009
The fact is that the Joonyer Nation is up in arms because not only are the in crowd in the racing world talking about the failure and overhype of Joonyer, now some of them are actually writing articles that in all reality are asking, "Where's the Beef". I have been stating all along that Joonyer is not all that good of a racecar driver and even when he is running good fades at the end of races. This has been a topic in the Charlotte area for a few years now and it is starting to leak outside to the TV fan. Joonyer is at a pivital year and much like Danica Patrick, the blush is off of the rose and it is time for consistant results. Only time will tell if Joonyer is up to the task in this new car, if you judge by his past, then you do not hold a lot of hope for his future.
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#43 Dec 7, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you equate stating facts to the emotion of feeling bitter? Please verbalize one bitter word he used.
Notice the "non respone" you recieved from you post.

Says it all!
justafan

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Dec 7, 2009
25th in points says it all
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#45 Dec 7, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Says it all!
Jimmy, my boy, you give far too much credit to yourself and your friends. What I stated was the truth and nothing but the truth and now even major NASCAR writers are growing a set and saying the same thing. Joonyer's past five years are proof of my thuthfulness, and you think that I need the Joonyer fans? Joonyer fans are the type of people who you can walk up to and piss on their leg and convince them it is raining.
nascar fan

Dayton, OH

#46 Dec 7, 2009
dale jr just had a bad year thats all. every driver in their career has a bad year. jeff gordon didn't win a race in 2008 and didn't make the chase in 2005. so maybe dale jr will have a good year in 2010.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#47 Dec 8, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you equate stating facts to the emotion of feeling bitter? Please verbalize one bitter word he used.
I don't have to explain anything to you.. as I don't care for you, nor any of your mile long rants. jmo
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#48 Dec 8, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Says it all!
Just like you about the race pool.. huh??
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#49 Dec 8, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy, my boy, you give far too much credit to yourself and your friends. What I stated was the truth and nothing but the truth and now even major NASCAR writers are growing a set and saying the same thing. Joonyer's past five years are proof of my thuthfulness, and you think that I need the Joonyer fans? Joonyer fans are the type of people who you can walk up to and piss on their leg and convince them it is raining.
I guess you miss understood what I said.

I stated that you haven't recieved a response to your post because "jrw" can't find one "bitter" word in my post due to the fact there isn't any bitterness, just the truth.

BTW, who are my "friends"?
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#50 Dec 8, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have to explain anything to you.. as I don't care for you, nor any of your mile long rants. jmo
You are correct, you don't have to "explain anything".

Not because you don't have to but because you can't.

It's perfectly fine if you are unable to support your statements, just own up to it and say you were wrong and move on.

Don't play little games where you sound like a four year old and say "I don't have to explain anything".

I visualize you saying that while stomping your feet and then you hold your breath.
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#51 Dec 8, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text> Just like you about the race pool.. huh??
Do you have a clue what you're talking about?

I don't!
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#52 Dec 8, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, you don't have to "explain anything".
Not because you don't have to but because you can't.
It's perfectly fine if you are unable to support your statements, just own up to it and say you were wrong and move on.
Don't play little games where you sound like a four year old and say "I don't have to explain anything".
I visualize you saying that while stomping your feet and then you hold your breath.
LOL. You think??
Have a Merry Christmas Jim.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#53 Dec 8, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a clue what you're talking about?
I don't!
lol You don't?? Ah come on Jim, sure ya do!
OK..You will need to find someone else to rant w/ as i have a busy day ahead of me, no time to play .
Don't worry, be Happy.
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#54 Dec 8, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You think??
Have a Merry Christmas Jim.
Ahhhhhh.....more games.

I have a question for you (which I doubt you'll answer), why don't you show everyone what part of my post is bitter?

The adult thing to do is admit you made a comment which is false, question is will you?
Jim

Merrimack, NH

#55 Dec 8, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text>lol You don't?? Ah come on Jim, sure ya do!
OK..You will need to find someone else to rant w/ as i have a busy day ahead of me, no time to play .
Don't worry, be Happy.
"busy day" = "running away"

I told you I don't know what you're talking about, which opens the door for you to enlighten me, yet you fail to do so, why?

Is it just another game?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#56 Dec 8, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you miss understood what I said.
I stated that you haven't recieved a response to your post because "jrw" can't find one "bitter" word in my post due to the fact there isn't any bitterness, just the truth.
BTW, who are my "friends"?
Jim, my bad, I thought you were one of the minions of the Joonyer Nation.

“Earnhardt Fans Rule”

Since: Sep 07

Florida

#57 Dec 8, 2009
It really seems that through the computer screen people are alot more careless with their words. I have been going to the races for ten years now and am amazed every year that at Daytona we get people who cheer for all different drivers and come from all over the world and I have never seen a fight. Everyone gets along great. That is always something I found unique about Nascar fans but on here people can be downright nasty.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#58 Dec 9, 2009
nascar fan wrote:
dale jr just had a bad year thats all. every driver in their career has a bad year. jeff gordon didn't win a race in 2008 and didn't make the chase in 2005. so maybe dale jr will have a good year in 2010.
Joonyer cannot be compared to Jeff Gordon a 4 time NASCAR champion.
x jr fan

Maryville, TN

#59 Dec 9, 2009
nascar fan wrote:
Gordon didn't win a race but he was getting top 5 and 10 finishes, something Jr doesn't know anything about doing
nascar fan

Dayton, OH

#61 Dec 9, 2009
I was trying to make a point that even the greatest drivers have bad years. It doesn't matter how many championships you win or how many races you win you are still going to have a bad year sometime in your career. I was not comparing dale Jr to Jeff Gordon I was just using him as an example.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#62 Dec 12, 2009
I think Junior would be just fine out there as soon as they get the correct variable in the equation. You got the crew, pretty much just do their job, eventually it will be good enough. Get a crew chief that does his job, it will be good enough to get the car right, which should eventually be good enough but it takes the driver to give him feedback, and he also needs the crew chief who understands his feedback. That one variable is just a 'miss' that with him, I guess is hard to 'hit'.

He needs a crew chief that knows a LOT and can teach the driver what exactly he needs to know to give the feedback to do his job. Just like Days of Thunder - you can have a great driver that can kill a good machine over the long run, and if he don't know how to give feedback, he needs to be taught.

I think what's wrong is all these better crew chiefs are getting wise as to how to keep a car optimized for longer periods. Dale don't know how to give proper feedback to do that. They get it fast and it dies. Good enough for short Nationwide races but not gonna cut it in the endurance runs these Cup drivers are in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dale Jr. wins first twin qualifier Feb 19 WHOYAKIDDING 1
Amy R / Adultress (Jan '09) Dec '14 justleaveitalone 2,920
nascar is fixed...here's the prooof!!!! (Feb '11) Sep '14 JrNationMakesMeLaugh 32
Dale Jr Fans Only (Aug '07) Sep '14 hatchet 10,740
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
Does Dale Jr smoke? (Nov '07) Aug '14 Yes 198
More from around the web