Dale Jr. noticeably missing from NASC...

Dale Jr. noticeably missing from NASCAR's big bash

There are 66 comments on the Fox Sports story from Dec 2, 2009, titled Dale Jr. noticeably missing from NASCAR's big bash. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

NASCAR will honor four-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson and its top 10 drivers Friday night in Las Vegas, but the sport's biggest star won't be there.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Dec 2, 2009
I agree with the whole story. good points made without name calling, and emotion.

Go JR in 2010

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#3 Dec 2, 2009
Dale has a lot of work to do true, but he needs to drowned out all this talk about him both good and bad from the public and just focus in on racing and what it all means to him and his family. This article attempts to say that yet falls short when asking which way he will go.
Jim

Farmington, NH

#4 Dec 3, 2009
Below are a few comments that support what I've been saying for a long time.

Jr. had the worst season of his career and one of the worst seasons ever for a Hendrick driver.(Only one Hendrick driver Terry Labonte in 2004 had a worst points finish.)

ZERO wins,(2) top fives,(5) top tens....dismal.

Even more embarrassing is the fact that Junior went winless and finished 25th in points while his teammates combined for 13 wins and finished one-two-three in points.

Earnhardt Jr. inherited his father's enormous fan base.

A legion of fans with perhaps unrealistic expectations.

Either he makes a stirring comeback, winning races again, contending for championships and re-energizing the sport's largest fan base, or he fades into oblivion, riding out an underachieving career and going down as Hendrick's most disappointing driver.

Which will it be?

I vote the latter.
x jr fan

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2009
Librahoppa wrote:
Dale has a lot of work to do true, but he needs to drowned out all this talk about him both good and bad from the public and just focus in on racing and what it all means to him and his family. This article attempts to say that yet falls short when asking which way he will go.
well, if there's any work involved you can count him out
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#6 Dec 3, 2009
Jim wrote:
Below are a few comments that support what I've been saying for a long time.
Jr. had the worst season of his career and one of the worst seasons ever for a Hendrick driver.(Only one Hendrick driver Terry Labonte in 2004 had a worst points finish.)
ZERO wins,(2) top fives,(5) top tens....dismal.
Even more embarrassing is the fact that Junior went winless and finished 25th in points while his teammates combined for 13 wins and finished one-two-three in points.
Earnhardt Jr. inherited his father's enormous fan base.
A legion of fans with perhaps unrealistic expectations.
Either he makes a stirring comeback, winning races again, contending for championships and re-energizing the sport's largest fan base, or he fades into oblivion, riding out an underachieving career and going down as Hendrick's most disappointing driver.
Which will it be?
I vote the latter.
Does this make you feel better Jim?? You know what Jim, it is what it is, and it will be what it will be..no one is holding a gun to anyones head to force them to continue their following Jr. as their driver.
You claim to be an adult that follows Gregg Biffle as your driver well why not follow him, get off of the Jr. bashing ..Man! like can't you give it a rest already?!
I am sure that most who follow racing doesn't need you here to inform us as to what Jr. did out on the tracks.
Happy Holidays
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#7 Dec 3, 2009
x jr fan wrote:
<quoted text>well, if there's any work involved you can count him out
And ..you know this to be gospel?? Please explain if you can..bc i think you are full of you know what and talking outta you know where.
Jim

Farmington, NH

#8 Dec 3, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text> Does this make you feel better Jim?? You know what Jim, it is what it is, and it will be what it will be..no one is holding a gun to anyones head to force them to continue their following Jr. as their driver.
You claim to be an adult that follows Gregg Biffle as your driver well why not follow him, get off of the Jr. bashing ..Man! like can't you give it a rest already?!
I am sure that most who follow racing doesn't need you here to inform us as to what Jr. did out on the tracks.
Happy Holidays
Just as you would feel better if Jr. proved my wrong, I feel better that he proved me right and the article says it all.

Not sure why you made the "gun" comment or that I "claim" to be an adult comes from? I guess that's your way of striking back?

I do follow GB. That doesn't take away the fact that I can come on here and say how I feel about Jr.

Your right to defend Jr. in your post is the same right I have to "bash" him.

If you don't like it, move on. If you want to keep going that's ok too.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#9 Dec 3, 2009
My, my ! how bitter you are.
lol

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#10 Dec 3, 2009
Instead of anger, there should be joy that JJ won the cup and HMS finished 1,2,3. Take one for the team, the HMS team, regardless of what the 88 did, the HMS team otherwise excelled. Rejoice!!!! Celebrate!!!
Jim

Farmington, NH

#11 Dec 3, 2009
jrw wrote:
My, my ! how bitter you are.
lol
What part of my post do you find "bitter"?

Just to let you know your post is filled with anger and anyone who carries that much anger for someone they don't know should seek help.
x jr fan

United States

#12 Dec 3, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text>And ..you know this to be gospel?? Please explain if you can..bc i think you are full of you know what and talking outta you know where.
i've never read an article on this forum that says anything about Jr being at the race shop trying to get better but i've read articles about him going on hunting trips, going to WR, and taking vacations at the Keys, that should tell everybody he's not trying to get any better. i bet right now he's on vacation in Australia
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#13 Dec 3, 2009
x jr fan wrote:
<quoted text>i've never read an article on this forum that says anything about Jr being at the race shop trying to get better but i've read articles about him going on hunting trips, going to WR, and taking vacations at the Keys, that should tell everybody he's not trying to get any better. i bet right now he's on vacation in Australia
So, because you haven't taken the time to read about what Jr, does..then your thoughts , beliefs just have to be the almighty gospel fact..is this what you are telling me? Well please, know it all ..tell me what the winning lottery numbers will be, since everything you say is a fact. lol
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#14 Dec 3, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of my post do you find "bitter"?
Just to let you know your post is filled with anger and anyone who carries that much anger for someone they don't know should seek help.
Hmm, ok, lol
Have a great day :-)
x jr fan

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text>So, because you haven't taken the time to read about what Jr, does..then your thoughts , beliefs just have to be the almighty gospel fact..is this what you are telling me? Well please, know it all ..tell me what the winning lottery numbers will be, since everything you say is a fact. lol
prove me wrong, where is an article stating Jr being at the race shop trying to make the team better and figure out the COT.
Jim

Farmington, NH

#16 Dec 3, 2009
jrw wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm, ok, lol
Have a great day :-)
Exactly what I thought, no real reply.

Don't worry about it, you couldn't have answered the question anyway since there is nothing "bitter" about what I said, nor can you argue that your post isn't on the angry side.
redrum

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2009
Face it 88 isn't any #3 or never will be,,loser, living only on the name Daddy made for him,,,,,
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#18 Dec 3, 2009
x jr fan wrote:
<quoted text>prove me wrong, where is an article stating Jr being at the race shop trying to make the team better and figure out the COT.
You do your own searching. And i will say this to you, I don't have to prove anything i know to you, a bit more than you have to prove anything to me.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#19 Dec 3, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I thought, no real reply.
Don't worry about it, you couldn't have answered the question anyway since there is nothing "bitter" about what I said, nor can you argue that your post isn't on the angry side.
lol, I'll try not to worry, or lose any sleep tonight. OK?

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#20 Dec 3, 2009
On a serious note, with all this money that HMS is going to throw into the 88 team, who is jr going to replace in the chase??? Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch will be looking for a spot in there also.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#21 Dec 3, 2009
3TOES wrote:
On a serious note, with all this money that HMS is going to throw into the 88 team, who is jr going to replace in the chase??? Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch will be looking for a spot in there also.
I am not to sure he will make the chase , so therefore I can't answer you. I will say I hope to see him do better than 25th tho,lol.
I do think Matt , Kyle will be there as they both have the know of the COT.. providing Kyle calms down and drives a 5 place car like a 5th place car he may he stand a chance at winnining his first Championship. jmo tho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who will be NASCAR's next generation of team ow... Feb '18 WhoPhartse 2
News Earnhardt Jr. to help NBC Sports at Super Bowl ... Jan '18 IsPhartse 5
Dale Jr & Dale Sr Nascar races on DVD Many old ... (Aug '13) Dec '17 SteveG 4
News Nascar Ceo Brian France's behavior at awards ce... Dec '17 Usually phartse 15
Did Teresa Earnhardt get plastic surgery (Jan '08) Oct '17 REAL 13
R.I.P. Jason Arden (ARDY) (Jun '08) Oct '17 Audrey Arden 21
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. running outside of NASCAR's ... (Sep '17) Oct '17 HisPhartse 6