Edwards wins pole position, gets jump...

Edwards wins pole position, gets jump on Stewart in title battle

There are 74 comments on the Denver Post story from Nov 20, 2011, titled Edwards wins pole position, gets jump on Stewart in title battle. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Tony Stewart has run his mouth for almost a month trying to rattle Carl Edwards in the race to NASCAR's championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#22 Nov 20, 2011
You know who I really feel sorry for, Poor old Jack Roush. NOT!!!!!!!!!! Man, I haven't been this happy since Jeff won his last championship. I was happy for all Jimmie's titles but he never whipped a dog I hated like Smoke whipped Carl the Smuck today. I loved the way Brad gave him that little pay back of about five laps of hard racing coming of that rain caution. I was hoping Brad would just stuff him in the wall but it turned out okay. Man, NASCAR got their money's worth out of this new point system, a tie with the title going to a most wins tie-breaker. How good is that?

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#24 Nov 21, 2011
If this were the prechase format, I don't think Stewart would've won because he didn't have a single win until the chase and Edwards only had one but was consistantly in the top 5 while Stewart started the chase 9th and was 122 behind the leader while Edwards was only 38 behind in 3rd, and consistantly stayed at the top. I think Edwards would've won under the prechase format since Johnson and Kyle Busch fell there at the end
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#25 Nov 21, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
If this were the prechase format, I don't think Stewart would've won because he didn't have a single win until the chase and Edwards only had one but was consistantly in the top 5 while Stewart started the chase 9th and was 122 behind the leader while Edwards was only 38 behind in 3rd, and consistantly stayed at the top. I think Edwards would've won under the prechase format since Johnson and Kyle Busch fell there at the end
I agree with you & Thank you
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#26 Nov 21, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
Tony Stewart has NASCAR in his stall(horse stall).I see NASCAR didn't say anything about drivers letting Tony pass them in the begining of the race when Tony was back in 40th place. I heard he passed 76-118 cars, but really now, how many cars/drivers let him pass them????

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#27 Nov 21, 2011
Its not right NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Stewart has NASCAR in his stall(horse stall).I see NASCAR didn't say anything about drivers letting Tony pass them in the begining of the race when Tony was back in 40th place. I heard he passed 76-118 cars, but really now, how many cars/drivers let him pass them????
What would they have to gain by letting him Pass them? It's Racing and I'm sure They were trying their hardest to keep their Position. It's funny how All You haters come out of the woodwork as soon as Tony wins the Cup.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#28 Nov 21, 2011
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would they have to gain by letting him Pass them? It's Racing and I'm sure They were trying their hardest to keep their Position. It's funny how All You haters come out of the woodwork as soon as Tony wins the Cup.
They'd have nothing to gain since it's the last race & to let Tony & Carl race for the Chase, instead of it being just another race. Why can't they just race like any other race, but no, they had to let Tony pass them. I see you must be a Tony fan lol, His cup is Tarnished. Besides did you watch the race on ESPN & listen to the broadcasters say that drivers were letting Tony pass them?

Location hidden

#29 Nov 21, 2011
<quoted text>
They'd have nothing to gain since it's the last race & to let Tony & Carl race for the Chase, instead of it being just another race. Why can't they just race like any other race, but no, they had to let Tony pass them. I see you must be a Tony fan lol, His cup is Tarnished. Besides did you watch the race on ESPN & listen to the broadcasters say that drivers were letting Tony pass them?
And You must be a bitter JJ Fan. Mad cause JJ Couldn't kiss NASCAR'S Butt for another title? LMAO
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#30 Nov 21, 2011
The other drivers were told to move over and let Tony and Carl race and to do nothing to affect the outcome of the championship like that dumbass kyle busch did in the truck series.

Location hidden

#31 Nov 21, 2011
Trollersaurus wrote:
The other drivers were told to move over and let Tony and Carl race and to do nothing to affect the outcome of the championship like that dumbass kyle busch did in the truck series.
You bring up Kyle in a thread nothing to do with him. Congratulations. And that " Dumbass" Still has more wins than your precious Jr.
Hilton Head

Windermere, FL

#32 Nov 22, 2011
<quoted text>
Its called respect for a great driver.
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#33 Nov 22, 2011
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up Kyle in a thread nothing to do with him. Congratulations. And that " Dumbass" Still has more wins than your precious Jr.
And you, dumbass keep bringing up Jr when he has nothing to do with anything either. Actually, my bringing up pinhead had everything to do with my comment, so f-off.
Snow

United States

#34 Nov 22, 2011
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wins but not fans.He also has the most temper. See where it got him he is sucking a hind tit in the chase.
He will not get to go to the celebration will he????
Snow

United States

#35 Nov 22, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
You know who I really feel sorry for, Poor old Jack Roush. NOT!!!!!!!!!! Man, I haven't been this happy since Jeff won his last championship. I was happy for all Jimmie's titles but he never whipped a dog I hated like Smoke whipped Carl the Smuck today. I loved the way Brad gave him that little pay back of about five laps of hard racing coming of that rain caution. I was hoping Brad would just stuff him in the wall but it turned out okay. Man, NASCAR got their money's worth out of this new point system, a tie with the title going to a most wins tie-breaker. How good is that?
The smuck tried to wreck Brad in the last Nationwide race.
I was hoping he would smack ole Carl good Sunday. Tony gave him a good driving lesson he passed 118 cars he said this morning. It's
been awhile since The cat in the hat has had a championship in cup.
Them Chevy's are getting the job done.

Location hidden

#36 Nov 22, 2011
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Wins but not fans.He also has the most temper. See where it got him he is sucking a hind tit in the chase.
He's got himself Plenty of fans. Fans who appreciate his talent.
Hilton Head

Windermere, FL

#37 Nov 22, 2011
It's nice that Jr has so many fans but it can't be for his driving ability or talent because he has proven over and over again that he is very much lacking any of that. It's nice that Jr has the Earnhardt name because without that he's just another mid pack finisher.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#38 Nov 22, 2011
Trollersaurus wrote:
The other drivers were told to move over and let Tony and Carl race and to do nothing to affect the outcome of the championship.
Yes, that is right, but that was during the last (I think)20 or so laps, but these drivers were doing it after the race started & Tony was in 40th place while he was in pit lane getting his grill fixed after it got a hole in it from I think Kurt Busch's transmission falling apart.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#39 Nov 22, 2011
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>The smuck tried to wreck Brad in the last Nationwide race.
I was hoping he would smack ole Carl good Sunday. Tony gave him a good driving lesson he passed 118 cars he said this morning. It's
been awhile since The cat in the hat has had a championship in cup.
Them Chevy's are getting the job done.
brad is a whinny CRY BABY, he needs to stay in "nationwide" & get out of the MAN's Race "SPRINT"!
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

#40 Nov 22, 2011
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>Its called respect for a great driver.
You call it respect to let a driver in 40th place pass you to catch a guy in 1st place? That's called being a Chickenshit driver.
Well guess what, it worked didn't it? If that's the way the drivers wanted to be, why was 43 cars in the last race of the season? Why not just Carl & Tony only race for 267 laps for the Chase Cup? The other 41 drivers/cars could just sit back & watch.
Mountain dew

United States

#41 Nov 23, 2011
<quoted text>
brad is a whinny CRY BABY, he needs to stay in "nationwide" & get out of the MAN's Race "SPRINT"!
Brad has took his knocks
from that horse tooth. I hope next year he gives back what he has received. Brad won his championship in Nationwide and earned his right to be in SPRINT.
Wang

York, SC

#42 Nov 23, 2011
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Wins but not fans.He also has the most temper. See where it got him he is sucking a hind tit in the chase.
Herro snow,
Winning not name of game?
Dare Jl. mid pack dlivel who remming-rike, simpre minded, row IQ Excuse Nation vote most popural.
Wang not want know what Dare Jl. suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colin Braun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stenhouse wins first NASCAR Cup race with last-... May 9 Wins phart 2
News NASCAR HOFer Mark Martin sees no issue with Veg... Mar '17 Light Phartce 4
News Danica Patrick on Twitter trolls: 'They're very... Feb '17 LinkPharter 4
News Ganta s 1991 Cutlass to be featured at NASCAR H... Jan '17 Grogan 1
News Johnson champion again and on pole for NASCAR s... Jan '17 WWE CRASHCAR 2017 7
News NASCAR 2016: Pennsylvania 400 live scoring, lin... (Aug '16) Aug '16 RichK 1
News New look, new rules for Kentucky Speedway NASCA... (Jul '16) Jul '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
More from around the web