Tom Bowles: Earnhardt comeback among ...

Tom Bowles: Earnhardt comeback among possible NASCAR feel-good stories

There are 8 comments on the SI.com story from Mar 16, 2010, titled Tom Bowles: Earnhardt comeback among possible NASCAR feel-good stories. In it, SI.com reports that:

The Sprint Cup Series took a backseat to college basketball this weekend, a rare off week for the NASCAR schedule that stretches nearly 10 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SI.com.

jeff

Clearwater, MN

#1 Mar 16, 2010
I like junior as a person,,,,,,but.......he is just not that good of driver.I have been a nascar fan my whole life and have witnessed some of the best win races.(I'm 51)He has allways had some of the best equipment out there and still cannot win.Great human being.........so so operater.
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Mar 16, 2010
Have to agree with Jeff. A second at Daytona and a pole at a race where he never led a lap, is not really a feel good comeback story. It's not the car, it's the driver. Put him in Jimmies car and tell him to learn it because we KNOW that car is set up to win.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Trumbull, CT

#3 Mar 16, 2010
Enough with the BS, all race fans are sick of hearing about Jr.
barr

Temperance, MI

#4 Mar 16, 2010
Yeah for the most part race fans (other than dumbarse Jr fans) are sick of hearing about him. The sorry part is NASCAR still thinks then need Jr to keep NASCAR from failing. If he wins a few races though watch the attendence jump.
Instigator

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 18, 2010
They should have a clown car race for him during the prerace show, he could drive in front of the grandstand throwing out carnival trinkets with 88 on them! That would fit right in with the mentality of his core fans and draw them in droves to the track like lemmings. Maybe they could even install one of them hot dog cannons on his car during the actual race to keep them there while he rides around by hisself.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#7 Mar 18, 2010
I'm slowly starting to believe Jr. just doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do it anymore. I hope I'm wrong but it's sure looking that way. He just hasn't shown that do or die drive that it takes to go all the way for a win in very long time. He's not showing the ability to adjust to the car anymore. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the crew can't find that sweet spot for the driver, he has to adjust to whatever the car is doing and make the best out of that. That's one of the reasons Johnson is so successful, he can do that. It's like Jr. gets mentally and physically wore down and he can't focus on the car anymore.
rlew50

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8 Mar 20, 2010
was he truly ever that good?
booyaa

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 20, 2010
Mann how much crap can one man take? Haven't you heard behind every successful person is a handful of haters. If Jr was to leave racing so would a lot of the fans. Like it or not its a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colin Braun Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New look, new rules for Kentucky Speedway NASCA... Jul 11 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Dillon living up to potential in 3rd full NASCA... May '16 MrTinkertrain24 3
News Alex Labbe captures pole position May '16 raw 1
News New 'NASCAR Next' Class Announced May '16 Gary Klutt 1
News Meet 2016's NASCAR Next class May '16 Gary Klutt 1
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
News The Player: DP Customs' Racy 1200 Sportster (Jan '15) Jan '15 fastharryDOTcom 1
More from around the web