NASCAR: Despite glitches, Earnhardt s...

NASCAR: Despite glitches, Earnhardt scores top five

There are 25 comments on the Sporting News story from Sep 19, 2010, titled NASCAR: Despite glitches, Earnhardt scores top five. In it, Sporting News reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. thinks his car was strong enough to challenge anyone except Clint Bowyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sporting News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Congratulations, Jr Nation! At last, a result worth cheering for.
Now... we have for your consideration, a limited edition "Whooo-Hooo! 4th place at Loudon, Baby!" 1/24 scale die cast. Only 5.5 billion of these will be sold, so liquidate the kid's college fund right now and get 'em while they're hot!! Comes with a bonus "We'd be in 5th Place in the Chase- if we were in the chase- why aren't there 19 drivers in the chase?" t-shirt and a "Lance McGrew Sucks!" beer coozie.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Junior nation is passing on the die-cast cars and spending the money on TAPE for the mouths of Jr haters.
annie

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2010
Snow, we will need a bunch of tape some of the Dale Jr haters have real big mouths.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#4 Sep 20, 2010
annie wrote:
Snow, we will need a bunch of tape some of the Dale Jr haters have real big mouths.
you are not considered a true fan, if you don't buy the die-cast
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#5 Sep 20, 2010
X Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>you are not considered a true fan, if you don't buy the die-cast
How many do you own?
Beings you're an EX fan , i suppose it would do you better in the wallet dept to pass up, any, all diecast..who knows what the driver you root for will do to make you an EX fan of his? lol
I love buying diecast of several drivers..but i just love racing period.
I'm happy Jr. had a great finish ,and he drove his butt off to get that 4th place finish too. ;-)

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Snow wrote:
Junior nation is passing on the die-cast cars and spending the money on TAPE for the mouths of Jr haters.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that I don't hate Jr. My issue lies with how he has been foisted on us as "the face of NASCAR" - due in large part, I believe, to his Cult of Personality, rather than a dedicated race-fan base. I know that he does have rational fans, ones that appreciate racing and other drivers, but the vast majority seem to be narrow-minded hotheads with an "it's Jr or nothing" mentality. Were it not for that lunatic fringe, I don't think he would dominate the advertising and media coverage like he does. These are the "fans" that leave the racetracks early when Jr isn't doing well, the ones that can't recognize and appreciate the abilities of other drivers, the ones that hurl abuse (and other things) at Lance McGrew, the pit crew, Rick Hendrick, NASCAR and anyone else they can think of to blame for his poor finishes. Like it or not, they are the "face of Jr Nation", but they aren't race-fans, and I don't like what they've done to our beloved sport.

Since: Aug 08

Green Bay, WI

#7 Sep 21, 2010
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text>I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that I don't hate Jr. My issue lies with how he has been foisted on us as "the face of NASCAR" - due in large part, I believe, to his Cult of Personality, rather than a dedicated race-fan base. I know that he does have rational fans, ones that appreciate racing and other drivers, but the vast majority seem to be narrow-minded hotheads with an "it's Jr or nothing" mentality. Were it not for that lunatic fringe, I don't think he would dominate the advertising and media coverage like he does. These are the "fans" that leave the racetracks early when Jr isn't doing well, the ones that can't recognize and appreciate the abilities of other drivers, the ones that hurl abuse (and other things) at Lance McGrew, the pit crew, Rick Hendrick, NASCAR and anyone else they can think of to blame for his poor finishes. Like it or not, they are the "face of Jr Nation", but they aren't race-fans, and I don't like what they've done to our beloved sport.
You are not alone. You hit the nail on the head. I have witnessed it at tracks as well. They will rip someone apart for not being a Junior fan yet when you say something back to them about their precious Junior they get nasty and show their true ignorance.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Sep 22, 2010
Well I am a Jr fan but I also am a fan of many of the drivers. I just got my new Harvick car before he goes with Bud next year. I don't leave the races early no matter who is winning.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#9 Sep 22, 2010
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
<quoted text>I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that I don't hate Jr. My issue lies with how he has been foisted on us as "the face of NASCAR" - due in large part, I believe, to his Cult of Personality, rather than a dedicated race-fan base. I know that he does have rational fans, ones that appreciate racing and other drivers, but the vast majority seem to be narrow-minded hotheads with an "it's Jr or nothing" mentality. Were it not for that lunatic fringe, I don't think he would dominate the advertising and media coverage like he does. These are the "fans" that leave the racetracks early when Jr isn't doing well, the ones that can't recognize and appreciate the abilities of other drivers, the ones that hurl abuse (and other things) at Lance McGrew, the pit crew, Rick Hendrick, NASCAR and anyone else they can think of to blame for his poor finishes. Like it or not, they are the "face of Jr Nation", but they aren't race-fans, and I don't like what they've done to our beloved sport.
Vely werr stated and spot on.

United States

#10 Sep 22, 2010
Snow wrote:
Well I am a Jr fan but I also am a fan of many of the drivers. I just got my new Harvick car before he goes with Bud next year. I don't leave the races early no matter who is winning.
And that is why we love you, snow.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#11 Sep 22, 2010
Snow wrote:
Harvick is going with Bud next year? How can that be? All the Junior fans were so sure that Bud would never sponsor a car with anyone but Junior behind the wheel.
annie

Port Republic, VA

#12 Sep 22, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Harvick is going with Bud next year? How can that be? All the Junior fans were so sure that Bud would never sponsor a car with anyone but Junior behind the wheel.
Wake up, Bud is Kasey Kane's sponsor this year. Dale Jr fans like
Dale Jr not Bud!
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Sep 22, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Bud wanted to go with Jr but Rick said no. Yes Bud is going with Harvick I think for about 20 races maybe more.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#14 Sep 23, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Jr not Bud!
That's light. Dare Jl. fans rike the learry cheap hooch.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#15 Sep 23, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Jr not Bud!
That was my point...when Junior left DEI all the fans said that Bud would never sponsor another driver...yet they are sponsoring Kasey and will be with Harvick next year. Funny thing is, since Junior is no longer driving the Bud car, the Bud car has been spotted in victory lane more often than Junior has. Guess Bud made a wise move, putting some talent behind the wheel.

Why are you so defensive? Is it because you can't figure out why on earth you continue to support Junior while all the real racing talent leaves him in the dust?

“America is getting FAT”

Since: Oct 08

Herndon, Va.

#16 Sep 23, 2010
His name is Dale. How would you like to be a grown man called "Junior"? Horrible.

Then again it is the south. And no, it will not rise "again". You're 0 for 1.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#17 Sep 23, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my point...when Junior left DEI all the fans said that Bud would never sponsor another driver...yet they are sponsoring Kasey and will be with Harvick next year. Funny thing is, since Junior is no longer driving the Bud car, the Bud car has been spotted in victory lane more often than Junior has. Guess Bud made a wise move, putting some talent behind the wheel.
Why are you so defensive? Is it because you can't figure out why on earth you continue to support Junior while all the real racing talent leaves him in the dust?
you probably will not get a answer
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Sep 23, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all the fans my dear.
I never said that and never even thought about it. He got more money from his sponsors he has now than Bud was giving him. I also love seeing the Bud car in Victory lane because I like Kasey.
I think it's funny Ole Richard for years would not let his drivers run in the Bud shootout because of a promise he made to his mama.
Well when he got between a rock and a hard place that all changed.
The promise to mama fell through the cracks and Bud is now one of
his sponsors. Wow how money can change people....
You get over it

Katy, TX

#19 Sep 23, 2010
LLC2 wrote:
His name is Dale. How would you like to be a grown man called "Junior"? Horrible.
Then again it is the south. And no, it will not rise "again". You're 0 for 1.
He's referred to as "Junior" all the time, it isn't our fault his parents named him Dale JUNIOR. Maybe if he wants to be treated like a grown man, he should grow up and start acting like one. All he does is whine.

And, FYI, I'm not from the south, I just live here.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Sep 23, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
He's referred to as "Junior" all the time, it isn't our fault his parents named him Dale JUNIOR. Maybe if he wants to be treated like a grown man, he should grow up and start acting like one. All he does is whine.
A\nd, FYI, I'm not from the south, I just live here.
What ever he does you just get over it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clint Bowyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
Clint Bowyer's girlfriend Lorra Rude to Fans (Oct '09) May '14 lala loo 29
News Clint Bowyer spins boss, but both get top-fives (Jul '13) Feb '14 Whoyakidding 4
News Johnson widens points lead on Kenseth's bad day (Nov '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
News Bowyer finding some peace as he returns to Kansas (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 24
News Is NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer's reputation perm... (Sep '13) Sep '13 WWE CRASHCAR 2013 20
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
More from around the web