Juan Pablo Montoya wins Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen

Aug 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Portland's CW32 KRCW -TV

Juan Pablo Montoya finally had a race without a mistake, and he proved invincible.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Aug 16, 2010

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Way to go. Juan is my camarada

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

sgt slaughter wrote:
send him back where he came from deport him he talks like a gay boy
Where is Norman Park, GA that makes you a deportation expert? Sounds like a humid, backwoods hellhole where you bumpkins barbeque armadillo.
sgt slaughter

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Where is Norman Park, GA that makes you a deportation expert? Sounds like a humid, backwoods hellhole where you bumpkins barbeque armadillo.
you hit the nail on the head,but its full of toothless women and little green men we have some chitlens and fried rats azz we eat on sat nite with some shine come on down the people would love to see some new meat in town
Rob

Roseville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Some of the BEST racing ever seen in Nascar was witnessed at the Glen between Juan and Marcos. Entertainment Plus. It'll be a LONG time before we see anything like that again.
"Well done" to both of them.

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

sgt slaughter wrote:
<quoted text>you hit the nail on the head,but its full of toothless women and little green men we have some chitlens and fried rats azz we eat on sat nite with some shine come on down the people would love to see some new meat in town
No thanks. You can keep your snapping turtle soup. Ill hang with the hot chicks in the clubs out here in L.A.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rob wrote:
Some of the BEST racing ever seen in Nascar was witnessed at the Glen between Juan and Marcos. Entertainment Plus. It'll be a LONG time before we see anything like that again.
"Well done" to both of them.
well judging on how often the Columbian Drug Lord wins a nascrap race, it should be another 3 odd years.....

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 11, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Okay, Juan finally won another Cup race. Only one problem, it was another road course. I'll admit he's been running real strong of late on all the tracks but before anyone is really going to give him full credit for being a "NASCAR" driver, he's going to have to put some oval track wins on his driving resume. Win Daytona, win Bristol, win Dover and he'll start impressing the real NASCAR fans.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whoyakidding wrote:
...the real NASCAR fans.
Are those the guys with the mulletts and the girls with no teeth and the tattoos?

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Whoyakidding wrote:
Okay, Juan finally won another Cup race. Only one problem, it was another road course. I'll admit he's been running real strong of late on all the tracks but before anyone is really going to give him full credit for being a "NASCAR" driver, he's going to have to put some oval track wins on his driving resume. Win Daytona, win Bristol, win Dover and he'll start impressing the real NASCAR fans.
That is such bullshet.
The dude whooped on a lot of drivers if you consider consistency (definitely) a part of the game. When he made the chase, he became what you claim he isn't. He finished strong and would have finished better if Stewart wasn't such a prick to him for barely tapping him out of one corner which didn't even threaten his position. He may not have won races but he's done better than so many others in the effort to defeat Hendrick's top 3.

Face it, the dude has been strong and although the results may not show it, he's still somebody u have to pass to win and its not always been easy. He payed his dues and earned some rank. I submit that its time to give the guy some respect, but if not, just know that I dont consider a lack of respect to be necessary. I dont respect Carl much but his no-recent-wins status isnt stopping from people from considering him a NASCAR driver...

How's the phrase go - what's he done LATELY? A road course still counts as a win, and I didnt see Carl win on either lately. NW isn't arguable here, sorry.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Lets not forget - his rank in the 2009 chase was NOT because of an early fluke win. He raced strong and got himself into the top 5 by driving hard... To me, that counts for damn-near everything. So he wasn't Stewart, Gordon, Martin, or Johnson, but he was damn sure close with his overall season finish of 6th out of all those who matter

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those the guys with the mulletts and the girls with no teeth and the tattoos?
Ha ha ha. Excellent
roadcourseisnasc ar

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 12, 2010
 
Whoyakidding wrote:
Okay, Juan finally won another Cup race. Only one problem, it was another road course. I'll admit he's been running real strong of late on all the tracks but before anyone is really going to give him full credit for being a "NASCAR" driver, he's going to have to put some oval track wins on his driving resume. Win Daytona, win Bristol, win Dover and he'll start impressing the real NASCAR fans.
"real NASCAR fans" huh. The dude drives the wheels off the car and has come in 2nd in probably 10 different races throughout his short career. Were it not for a couple mistakes at indy - he'd have two wins there - not counting that he was running Stewart down at indy back in 2007 but ran out of time. He's got 180,000+ fans on twitter which is 4 times as many as the closest other NASCAR driver! Here's something to chew on. When's Jeff Gordon going to win another race - he's only in the best equipment available...

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 12, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

roadcourseisnascar wrote:
<quoted text>
"real NASCAR fans" huh. The dude drives the wheels off the car and has come in 2nd in probably 10 different races throughout his short career. Were it not for a couple mistakes at indy - he'd have two wins there - not counting that he was running Stewart down at indy back in 2007 but ran out of time. He's got 180,000+ fans on twitter which is 4 times as many as the closest other NASCAR driver! Here's something to chew on. When's Jeff Gordon going to win another race - he's only in the best equipment available...
not to pick sides, but asking when Gordon's going to win another race is a little dumb ... I would guess that what Gordon has forgotten about nascrap, the Columbian Drug Lord still has to learn ... as for the twitter fans, wow, I didn't know the mark of a great racer was judged by the amount of fans he had on some social network ... oh by the way being on twitter do we call all those 180,000+ fans twits maybe?

Your comparison reminds me a little of baseball, and comparing the Yankees to say the Braves .... sure the Braves have a world Series, but they won so many Divisional titles and then went nowhere ... if only they had a little more time or just one more game in the playoffs they might have done better ... fact is when the chips are down the big boys come out and play, just ask the Yankees. Juan is not a big boy, he's a dumbass who was thrown out of F1 because his ass was too big to fit into an f1 car anymore, so he came to nascrap and has been ordinary to be honest ... but hey keep drinking the koolaid .... oh and just for the record Gwwwaaannn has finished 2nd only 4 times in his "short 4yr" career ... that's along way off the "probably 10 different races throughout his short career" you told us in your posting ... get your facts straight sunshine ....

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and just for the record Gwwwaaannn has finished 2nd only 4 times in his "short 4yr" career ... that's along way off the "probably 10 different races throughout his short career" you told us in your posting ... get your facts straight sunshine ....
So maybe that assessment was off by a bit. Lets say 'probably' means 'give or take'. Does 1 position sound good? 12 top 3 finishes. That seems close enough for 'probably' to make it valid.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 14, 2010
 
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
So maybe that assessment was off by a bit. Lets say 'probably' means 'give or take'. Does 1 position sound good? 12 top 3 finishes. That seems close enough for 'probably' to make it valid.
ok Alpinedigital, we can work with that one ... ha ha ha

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
ok Alpinedigital, we can work with that one ... ha ha ha
With a name like redneck Bob from Atlanta, your decisions, decisions, decisions, sound more like which flag to hoist on your car while driving to NASCAR, the racist, rebel flag or the I Am A Dumb Hick flag

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>With a name like redneck Bob from Atlanta, your decisions, decisions, decisions, sound more like which flag to hoist on your car while driving to NASCAR, the racist, rebel flag or the I Am A Dumb Hick flag
shows how wrong you can be ... Chosen traveler ... hmmm who did?????... The joy in my name is that it makes ignorant apes like you concentrate on insulting me just because of the word "redneck", you stupid git ... but hey speaking of flags, I hear your "Dumb Hick flag" is tattoed on your wife's forehead ... or is it your sister's forehead .. oh sorry I forgot, same person ...
PuffBelly

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>With a name like redneck Bob from Atlanta, your decisions, decisions, decisions, sound more like which flag to hoist on your car while driving to NASCAR, the racist, rebel flag or the I Am A Dumb Hick flag
lol

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 16, 2010
 
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>With a name like redneck Bob from Atlanta, your decisions, decisions, decisions, sound more like which flag to hoist on your car while driving to NASCAR, the racist, rebel flag or the I Am A Dumb Hick flag
That's MISTER redneck Bob to you, boy!

lol j/k

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chip Ganassi Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
NASCAR: Juan Pablo Montoya won't be back at Gan... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Whoyakidding 15
Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
Montoya likely driving to save Sprint Cup career (Jun '13) Jun '13 Snow 19
Kyle Busch keeps Joe Gibbs' Fontana streak alive (Mar '13) Mar '13 ChersForKyle 11

Search the Chip Ganassi Racing Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••