Former open-wheel star aims for NASCAR title

Oct 13, 2009 Full story: Mochila

Former Formula 1 driver and Indy 500 winner Juan Pablo Montoya is third in points in NASCAR's 'Chase' for the championship.

Full Story
CARMANONE

New York, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2009
JPM has shown what an incredible driver he really is. I would love to see him win the NASCAR title, he would be a worthy champion.
Taylor

Cass City, MI

#2 Oct 14, 2009
If he wins you will see AMERICANS get "his-panic"
RSR08

Thornhill, Canada

#3 Oct 14, 2009
Jimmie Johnson has proven how good he really is,as well as Jeff Gordon,but Juan is still in great shape,and is showing a calm head,and cool approach to the final races....and this could very well be a fitting end to the '09 Nascar Title.JPM can win...and has the same chance as the top 5....or 4 or 3...I say,Go Juan Go...

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 27, 2009
Juan-Pablo is probably a nice guy, but he is an F-1 washout, like it or not. And if an F-1 washout can win a title in Nascar oval racing, that tells me a lot about Nascar.....

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 27, 2009
Taylor wrote:
If he wins you will see AMERICANS get "his-panic"
I would love it, if a Columbian won a title in a redneck sport like Nascar... LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chip Ganassi Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
NASCAR: Juan Pablo Montoya won't be back at Gan... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Whoyakidding 15
Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
Montoya likely driving to save Sprint Cup career (Jun '13) Jun '13 Snow 19
Kyle Busch keeps Joe Gibbs' Fontana streak alive (Mar '13) Mar '13 ChersForKyle 11

Chip Ganassi Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE