Driver Report Cards, Part II: Grading Dale Jr. And The Rest

Jul 21, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Frontstretch

The Frontstretch: Driver Report Cards, Part II: Grading Dale Jr. And The Rest by Danny Peters And Tom Bowles -- Wednesday July 22, 2009 _Editor's Note: For Part I of our midseason driver report cards, click here.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Making The Grade

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

Judged:

Jr gets a C-. He's average.

“Life is EXACTLY what u make it”

Since: Aug 08

Hershey, PA...chillin' in SC!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

JMO and all Jr nation will come out on this one....Jr deserves a MUCH lower grade. All of Jr Nation blamed Eury Jr for his shortcomings, they replaced him and he is STILL runnin midpack...Again, JMO, Jr is NOT ever going to live up to the hype and people need to quit praising him like he is some God. All of Sr's fan base went to Jr after his death. I loved Dale Sr. and still do, but I am not going to to root for his son b/c I think it is expected out of respect for Sr's memory. It wont be long until Hendrick realizes it wasnt DEI....it was truly how he drove. Sorry Jr. Nation...only my humble opinion...

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Sorry4ESad wrote:
JMO and all Jr nation will come out on this one....Jr deserves a MUCH lower grade. All of Jr Nation blamed Eury Jr for his shortcomings, they replaced him and he is STILL runnin midpack...Again, JMO, Jr is NOT ever going to live up to the hype and people need to quit praising him like he is some God. All of Sr's fan base went to Jr after his death. I loved Dale Sr. and still do, but I am not going to to root for his son b/c I think it is expected out of respect for Sr's memory. It wont be long until Hendrick realizes it wasnt DEI....it was truly how he drove. Sorry Jr. Nation...only my humble opinion...
What's Sadler's excuse for running much worse than Jr? I don't believe His fans have ever said he was god or anything.
Thoughts

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Judged:

You guys might want to check the grades again. JR has a D- (not a C-) lower than the Sadler D. Neither one has anything to be proud of.
3TOES

Keyser, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

I give jr an "A" simply because he is performing at his true level and not a "sugar coated" one that was provided him in the past. Get used to it, jr is an avearage driver, even with the best equipment. When Jeff Gordon was in a slump, at least he had champioships behind him, jr has none in CUP, so how can he be in a slump??? He is what he is...average, so give him an A.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

If we're grading on this year, then we're talking a D at best. As much as I love the kid, the best I can say is he's run good enough to stay in the top 35. That's not much to brag about considering the quality of equipment and people he has around. He got on of two choices, poop or get off the pot!
Thoughts

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

I am not thoughtless, clueless or mean, I just know how to read. That is what the article says, like it or not they gave JR a D-, so disagree with them not me.
racing chick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Making The Grade wrote:
Jr gets a C-. He's average.
like i have said already. Jr wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for being Sr's son.
88equals43

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

An F should be his score. He is the weak link on the Hendricks chain.

Since: Jul 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Judged:

Sorry4ESad wrote:
I was not a Senior fan. In fact, I believe the majority of Junior fans on this forum were not Senior fans. We don't praise him like he is some type of god. I realize he is a normal human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time just like I do. I didn't ask for 24/7 coverage of him. The media decided that. So, why people like you feel the need to bash us or Junior for it is beyond me. Junior certainly doesn't desire it and who would want coverage like that???? So don't blame Junior for not living up to the hype. Blame other people for placing it upon him.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Sadler's excuse for running much worse than Jr? I don't believe His fans have ever said he was god or anything.
OK well first off, i NEVER have made ANY excuses for Elliotts performance. He is a mid pack driver at best, but it does seem that his performance is on the upswing, where as Jr's is not.

Secondly, I didnt single YOU out as saying he is a God, I am mearly goin on what I have seen and the way that he is praised, basically for who his father was.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not a Senior fan. In fact, I believe the majority of Junior fans on this forum were not Senior fans. We don't praise him like he is some type of god. I realize he is a normal human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time just like I do. I didn't ask for 24/7 coverage of him. The media decided that. So, why people like you feel the need to bash us or Junior for it is beyond me. Junior certainly doesn't desire it and who would want coverage like that???? So don't blame Junior for not living up to the hype. Blame other people for placing it upon him.
Again, I do believe that I only stated my opinion and I was not "bashing" anyone. I merely stated that Jr does not live up to the hype. I didnt say that he asked for it or looked for the spotlight, as a public figure, as well known as he is, he has been hyped up b/c of who his father is. My OPINION is that he is not living up to that. Hendrick has stated that he went after Jr to get him in the best equipment and live up to his potential...sorry again IMO, he is at his potential...midpack and slipping. All I stated in the first posting was that it wasnt fair for his CC to get the blame.

The same goes with ESad last year. When Rodney was his CC, Rodney got all the blame for the way E was performing. They got rid of him and he went on to Reutiman (sp) who is running great this year. I have always said, its not the CC, its the driver. My bet is that Johnson or Busch can go with ANY CC out there and still win races b/c they have the talent to back it up. I am using them mearly as examples, I dont care for either of them.

Again people, this is an OPINION forum and everyone is entitled. Its not worth losing your mind over and getting p!ssed off.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Sorry4ESad wrote:
<quoted text>
OK well first off, i NEVER have made ANY excuses for Elliotts performance. He is a mid pack driver at best, but it does seem that his performance is on the upswing, where as Jr's is not.
Secondly, I didnt single YOU out as saying he is a God, I am mearly goin on what I have seen and the way that he is praised, basically for who his father was.
I think Jr's performance will improve, It just takes time. I don't see why the need to pick on Jr, when Elliott Sucks!

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Sorry4ESad wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I do believe that I only stated my opinion and I was not "bashing" anyone. I merely stated that Jr does not live up to the hype. I didnt say that he asked for it or looked for the spotlight, as a public figure, as well known as he is, he has been hyped up b/c of who his father is. My OPINION is that he is not living up to that. Hendrick has stated that he went after Jr to get him in the best equipment and live up to his potential...sorry again IMO, he is at his potential...midpack and slipping. All I stated in the first posting was that it wasnt fair for his CC to get the blame.
The same goes with ESad last year. When Rodney was his CC, Rodney got all the blame for the way E was performing. They got rid of him and he went on to Reutiman (sp) who is running great this year. I have always said, its not the CC, its the driver. My bet is that Johnson or Busch can go with ANY CC out there and still win races b/c they have the talent to back it up. I am using them mearly as examples, I dont care for either of them.
Again people, this is an OPINION forum and everyone is entitled. Its not worth losing your mind over and getting p!ssed off.
I don't think Jr's a midpack driver. A midpack driver wouldn't be able to win six races in a single season (2004). Why not pick on Harvick, or Other drivers who are having just as rough a year as Jr.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Jr's performance will improve, It just takes time. I don't see why the need to pick on Jr, when Elliott Sucks!
Elliott does suck but he is FINE!!!!
88equals43

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>Elliott does suck but he is FINE!!!!
Wow, you have once again proven your in depth nascar knowledge.

Since: Jul 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

Sorry4ESad wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lose my mind, nor am I pissed. Junior shouldn't have to live up to other people's bloated expectations of him. You say he isn't his father, I mean, DUH. He has stated he doesn't want to be his father and frankly, I woudn't want him to be. And as far as his potential, he sure as heck showed plenty of that last year when he outran Jimmie and Jeff for the better part of the year. He is in a slump, and he will get out of it.

Since the crew chief swap, when they haven't been wrecked or had a part fail, the 88 has been a consistent 10th to 15th place team. How is that midpack???? They are getting better, and hopefully by the end of August they will have bumped it up a couple spots. And with his third place effort today in quals, maybe they already have.

If Kyle Busch was such a great driver, why did he only win FOUR races with Gustafson in what, three seasons???? Mark Martin and Alan already have four wins in HALF a season. I think Kyle has talent, but I felt that the eight win season last year was a once in a lifetime deal and it looks like I was right. Kyle is talented, but he is in no way, shape, or form the second coming of Earnhardt.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lose my mind, nor am I pissed. Junior shouldn't have to live up to other people's bloated expectations of him. You say he isn't his father, I mean, DUH. He has stated he doesn't want to be his father and frankly, I woudn't want him to be. And as far as his potential, he sure as heck showed plenty of that last year when he outran Jimmie and Jeff for the better part of the year. He is in a slump, and he will get out of it.
Since the crew chief swap, when they haven't been wrecked or had a part fail, the 88 has been a consistent 10th to 15th place team. How is that midpack???? They are getting better, and hopefully by the end of August they will have bumped it up a couple spots. And with his third place effort today in quals, maybe they already have.
If Kyle Busch was such a great driver, why did he only win FOUR races with Gustafson in what, three seasons???? Mark Martin and Alan already have four wins in HALF a season. I think Kyle has talent, but I felt that the eight win season last year was a once in a lifetime deal and it looks like I was right. Kyle is talented, but he is in no way, shape, or form the second coming of Earnhardt.
I have to disagree with you there, I think it's possible Kyle could have another season like he had last year, he's got the equipment and the talent.
chop chop

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

18chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you there, I think it's possible Kyle could have another season like he had last year, he's got the equipment and the talent.
sez the Bandwagon Bias Bimbo ... lol!

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

chop chop wrote:
<quoted text>
sez the Bandwagon Bias Bimbo ... lol!
Well of course I'd be bias, I am a fan after all. haha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Casey Mears Discussions

Search the Casey Mears Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
Keyed Up and Key Motorsports split (Mar '10) Mar '10 WWE CRASHCAR 2010 2
Mears to drive for first-year Keyed-Up (Jan '10) Feb '10 Amy 11
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••