Richard Childress Racing not taking 0...

Richard Childress Racing not taking 07 car to Daytona 500

There are 4 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Richard Childress Racing not taking 07 car to Daytona 500. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

Richard Childress Racing has abandoned a plan to bring its No. 07 to the Daytona 500 next month, electing to bring only the Chevrolets that are fully funded for the 2010 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#1 Jan 13, 2010
Can't see anyone wanting to sponsor the 07 when Casey hasn't had too much success. I would think the payout would cover the cost but maybe not.

Since: May 08

Metamora, IL

#2 Jan 13, 2010
no way the race winnings can fund a full time cup team. Sponsorship or bust.
Rach

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Jan 13, 2010
The New Twenty wrote:
Can't see anyone wanting to sponsor the 07 when Casey hasn't had too much success. I would think the payout would cover the cost but maybe not.
You mean the entry fee for the Daytona 500 only right? I would think it would cover it. I don't know where to find it. But if a start and park runs to make money then why can't he run there.
Shaun

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 18, 2010
He can have the 29 in 2011. If Allmendinger can find a sponsor I'm shocked that Mears can't especially with Childress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
News Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
News Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
News Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
News Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web