NASCAR's Earnhardt, Mears on Probation

NASCAR has put Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears on probation. Little "E" intentionally spun out Mears on the cool down lap after Saturday night's cup race in Phoenix. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#2 Apr 21, 2009
Don't let them run at Dega this weekend.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#3 Apr 21, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
Ain't gonna happen.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 21, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
That would be a bit ridiculously out of character and extreme even for NASCAR. When was the last time they parked a driver for bumping like that? Not trying to be sarcastic, just relying on my not-so-great memory.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#6 Apr 21, 2009
I don't think Mr. H would be too pleased with Jr's actions.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Apr 21, 2009
Figuratively Speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a bit ridiculously out of character and extreme even for NASCAR. When was the last time they parked a driver for bumping like that? Not trying to be sarcastic, just relying on my not-so-great memory.
Here's something to test that memory! When has any driver received further sanctions from NASCAR after being put on "probation", lol! It's a joke, why do they bother?

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Here's something to test that memory! When has any driver received further sanctions from NASCAR after being put on "probation", lol! It's a joke, why do they bother?
I think NASCAR is more exciting when there is a little personality out there. The rivalries can make things more interesting. Every sport has them.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#9 Apr 21, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Here's something to test that memory! When has any driver received further sanctions from NASCAR after being put on "probation", lol! It's a joke, why do they bother?
Most of the time, that I can remember, when a driver is put on probation, he usually watches his p's and q's and doesn't screw up to receive further sanctions from the Nascar board.
Brooke

AOL

#10 Apr 21, 2009
18chick wrote:
I don't think Mr. H would be too pleased with Jr's actions.
Mr Hendrick knows better then to pez of the cash cow.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#11 Apr 21, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
Windy, we agree on something, NASCAR mostly does the "Probation Thing" for the fans and press, actually Joonyer and Casey made NASCAR proud interjecting some personality. NASCAR understands that personality clashes like this are the best ticket sellers that they could have, especially in this time of economic problems and bland spec car racing. Hell, it was a fight between the Allisons and Cale on national TV that is seen by many as the ONE INCIDENT most responsible for putting national exposure excitement in NASCAR. I remember the next race after the "Daytona Fight", I had great Richmond tickets and for the first time you saw droves of people with signs that read NEED TICKETS, I could have sold my seats for triple value. This was the year that it snowed a couple of days before Race Weekend in Richmond and there was still some snow in the old stands on race day and it was so cold that my wife and I left about 2/3rds through the race because we could not feel out feet.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Apr 22, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
If this was the case a lot of drivers would have been parked. This is not the first time this has happened and will not be the last so cool it.....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Apr 22, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Hendrick knows better then to pez of the cash cow.
Mr Hendrick is preety mild mannered and don't pes off to many people.They get Pezed off themselves because his stable has the last 3 championships......
Rusty

Strasburg, VA

#14 Apr 22, 2009
Nascar has been going downhill since about 1995, and jumped the shark after Winston left.

Yuppies, go back to F1 racing! Leave our sport alone!!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Apr 22, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the time, that I can remember, when a driver is put on probation, he usually watches his p's and q's and doesn't screw up to receive further sanctions from the Nascar board.
You seem to have forgotten Tony Stewart! I thought you were not replying to my posts any longer!

Since: Mar 08

Topix Bar & Grill

#16 Apr 22, 2009
Figuratively Speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
I think NASCAR is more exciting when there is a little personality out there. The rivalries can make things more interesting. Every sport has them.
I keep waiting for someone to punch Kyle Busch, now that would bring in the ratings.
Kevin Lee

United States

#17 Apr 22, 2009
Kevin Harvick was parked a few years back for actions in the truck race at Martinsville...He didnt get to run the Sprint Cup race on Sunday either!
Paul07

Mount Prospect, IL

#18 Apr 22, 2009
Mears next offense will result in loss of points and maybe suspension. Jr's next offense will result in more probation. This was a joke.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#19 Apr 22, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have forgotten Tony Stewart! I thought you were not replying to my posts any longer!
I will not reply to the rude and obscene and way off base comments that you and some others sometimes post. I replied to a statement you made and thought that we could have a decent conversation about it but I guess you aren't willing to do that.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

D-burg

#20 Apr 22, 2009
ABfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep waiting for someone to punch Kyle Busch, now that would bring in the ratings.
I have a facebook page for my friends from highschool and there is a quiz on there about the five people you would most like to punch in the face. You guessed it. Kyle was one of mine. lol

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Apr 22, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have forgotten Tony Stewart! I thought you were not replying to my posts any longer!
Forgot to attach this article to my post.

http://www.frontstretch.com/ahenderson/12588/

“Drive for Five”

Since: Dec 08

Miami Florida

#22 Apr 22, 2009
Life is not fair. Junior gets special treatment. *sniffles* (sarcasm)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web