Martin could give his new Hendrick te...

Martin could give his new Hendrick team an edge

There are 43 comments on the CBS SportsLine story from Nov 22, 2008, titled Martin could give his new Hendrick team an edge. In it, CBS SportsLine reports that:

Alan Gustafson figures there is at least one way to legally circumvent NASCAR's 2009 testing ban, at least partially.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#42 Dec 5, 2008
GOTALIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
I truely hope MM does well in 2009. Of all the drivers out there this man needs this next year. Not only is he a talented driver but, he is one of the most polite and down home guys you'll ever meet.
He comes across as a very thoughtful of the fans kind of guy
CRJ

Dickson, TN

#43 Dec 5, 2008
Im a Dale Jr fan and i said that if Dale Jr had won the championship, then for one year, next year, i'd be a Mark Marin fan(as my #1 driver) and pull for him hand's down to win the championship, and even though Jr didnt win it, ill pull for him next year, but if he cant or dont win it, i hope Mark does, although im a realist and realize it is a long shot for him to get it next year. I do believe that the 5 car will be better than when Mears was behind the wheel. I think Mears has been way too overhyped and think RCR made a huge mistake in hiring him, but i also know that Mears was the top choice for that car at RCR either.
I think that after next year, Mark will be completely out of the 5 car and be running a part time schedule elsewhere because even though he has a contract with Hendrick to share the 5 car with someone startin in 2010, i also know that Hendrick doesnt like splitting rides. My prediction is that after Mark's full season next year, Hendrick will hire Martin Truex for the 5 ride and Mark will be shifted to the Stewart Haas team where Tony will start a third team with Bass Pro Shop sponsorship(as they have represented him as a associate sponsor)and with his ties with Hendrick, Mark will probably split that ride with Brad Keselowski as he has tested with Haas in the past. Tony will use the past champ this year, probably get his car in the top 35, and then again in 2010, will hand his points over to Mark/Brad and use his past champ provisional again that year.
Although i'd rather have seen Truex, Tony Stewart, or Biffle have taken the 5 ride instead of Mark, im happy to see Mark there too, i just wish it was more than just one full year. I was even hoping after 2009, when they would've had a chance to get Matt Kenseth, i'd love to have seen Jr and Kenseth as teammates, but Matt just extended with Roush so that wont be happening. Just my predictions, but if Jr doesnt get it or Mark doesnt get it, i hope Jeff Burton can!
CRJ

Dickson, TN

#44 Dec 5, 2008
I meant to say that Mears was NOT the top choice for that fourth RCR car, i think Biffle and Bobby Labonte was the top two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
News Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
News Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
News Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
News Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web