Floyd County native may be new crew chief for Tony Stewart

Full story: WDBJ7 6
August 16, 2008 Floyd County native may be new crew chief for Tony Stewart A Floyd County native and graduate of Virginia Tech may be the new crew chief for Tony Stewart. Read more

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2008
perfect!!! a crew chief that can be called lower than a worm and it's OK because it's his NAME!!! LOL
shutupandrace

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Aug 21, 2008
My hubby went to school with this guy. He is super smart and a nice person to boot. GET HIM TONY!

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#4 Aug 21, 2008
awesome guy.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 21, 2008
Sounds like a really good choice. Subbed for Chad K. and got 2 wins...Woohoo!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Aug 22, 2008
He may have the inside scoop on the cars and set-ups of Junior, JJ and Jeff. That might come in handy.
Junior Nation

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2008
Tony Rules wrote:
He may have the inside scoop on the cars and set-ups of Junior, JJ and Jeff. That might come in handy.
That's what I was hearing. They were saying that them main problem w/Haas was that no one over there really understood the HMS lingo and if Smoke picks up Grubb then that is going to be a huge plus for them.

I'd actually like to see Grubb get a shot at the 24. Steve Latarte just doesn't seem to have it this year, they lost their car chief to Petty this year and I think that's what has really hurt them, I think Latarte depended on him more than most people realize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
News Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
News Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
News Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
News Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web