Earnhardt's got more going for him th...

Earnhardt's got more going for him than a name

There are 42 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Earnhardt's got more going for him than a name. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

“I can remember points in last season and years past where that 8 car has been up front and strong and has had some quirky things take place [to] take him out of shots to win races”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished the 2007 Samsung 500 at Texas Motor Speedway and climbed out of the car. via WFAA-TV Dallas

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

WWE NASCAR

Trumbull, CT

#22 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
I think Hendrick is putting so much into trying to get the"Never was" boy a win that it's affecting the performance of his other teams.
They're so consumed with trying to avoid the wrath of the Junior army that they have lost site of the game plan that worked trying to pacify the red headed step child.
Jooniebooger will be the demise of HMS as he was at DEI.
You are right on! Jr will drag the whole team down.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#24 Apr 7, 2008
Angii wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jr had junk, people claimed he was whining, so what is this from JG fans? Not Jr's fault people, not even Jeff's fault, get over it.
Okay I really don't think this reply was meant toward me. But I will say that I agree It's not Jr's fault.
take care.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#25 Apr 7, 2008
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
some folks sure drag the forums down//////////

“So tired of racists!”

Since: Mar 08

DFW, TX

#26 Apr 7, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>some folks sure drag the forums down//////////
Yep.
zach 4 88

Allen, TX

#27 Apr 7, 2008
DanaJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, wasn't sure if I'm sunburned, windburned, or BOTH!
Sunday was a long day. Lots of fun though. Traffic was not so bad. I passed 377 at 8:30 and I was parked by 9:10
over88ted

Richmond, KY

#28 Apr 7, 2008
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You must have studied at the Debi does posting school are you her brother by any chance? They told Jimmie and Jeff to stay behind Jr all year and let him win. I can see chad Knaus kicking back and wanting to take it easy for awhile yea right. Just keep wearing your tin foil hat and you'll be just fine my friend. Still LMAO thanks for the smile this morning you made my day!
Its as good a theory as Theresa sabotaging JRs engines.
over88ted

Richmond, KY

#29 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, although they have gone out of their way to push him to the front on occasion, I'm saying that there is a push and focus from the whole organization to get him some checkers. When you focus resources in one area the others are certain to somewhat fall behind.
They need to concentrate on racing rather than one driver, but there is a lot of pressure to get that driver a win and because it hasn't come as easy as everyone expected it's hurting the entire teams performance.
You just stated one of the BIG problems. A team can only help. The DRIVER has to get the win and JR is not doing it. People say "he has won....just not a points race" yeah, well, those were basically given to him. I'd like for someone to dispute that...the fans know its true.
JR has gotten the good equipment that has held up great, and his position in the points is really good right now, but as far as winning, he is going to have to do that. The team can only do so much, they cant get out there and drive for him too, or pit corectly, etc. He consistently makes bonehead moves and thats why he doesnt win. At Texas he forgot where the timing line was and came in REAL slow to the pits...bonehead move. At the upper levels of this sport you CANNOT make mistakes. The equipment will only get you so far. You have to be mentally on your game at all times..(remember the radio chatter causing him to miss the pit?). He's an unfocussed dumbass with raw talent but not enough smarts to take it over that little extra hump that it takes to really win and thats why he'll never be a true champion. He doesnt have the determination or the intelligence to realize his potential. He's had his racing career handed to him and thrust upon him and I suspect that if his dad had really paid attention to him and been a little more of a father he probably would have never even gotten in a race car because he would have had nothing to earn and nothing to prove.

Location hidden

#31 Apr 7, 2008
over88ted wrote:
<quoted text>
You just stated one of the BIG problems. A team can only help. The DRIVER has to get the win and JR is not doing it. People say "he has won....just not a points race" yeah, well, those were basically given to him. I'd like for someone to dispute that...the fans know its true.
JR has gotten the good equipment that has held up great, and his position in the points is really good right now, but as far as winning, he is going to have to do that. The team can only do so much, they cant get out there and drive for him too, or pit corectly, etc. He consistently makes bonehead moves and thats why he doesnt win. At Texas he forgot where the timing line was and came in REAL slow to the pits...bonehead move. At the upper levels of this sport you CANNOT make mistakes. The equipment will only get you so far. You have to be mentally on your game at all times..(remember the radio chatter causing him to miss the pit?). He's an unfocussed dumbass with raw talent but not enough smarts to take it over that little extra hump that it takes to really win and thats why he'll never be a true champion. He doesnt have the determination or the intelligence to realize his potential. He's had his racing career handed to him and thrust upon him and I suspect that if his dad had really paid attention to him and been a little more of a father he probably would have never even gotten in a race car because he would have had nothing to earn and nothing to prove.
After reading your book. Now I am wondering what perfect driver you root for. Lord help them if they fail to win for awhile ,or screw up pitting or driving.....I doubt if you have the guts to tell us who that is........

“stop the night mare”

Since: Feb 07

Marietta, GA

#32 Apr 7, 2008
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does drag HMS down, then he is a dam good winner, cause I pray he tears em up!! But until you prove to us you can even drive with a group of guys at at times 200 or more miles per hour, ""SHUT UP" Now go out and see how fast your bicycle will go per miles!!

Since: Mar 08

Charlotte, NC

#33 Apr 7, 2008
so, how 'bout them (insert your team here)
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#34 Apr 8, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, He has earned his way into the sport. Sure he makes mistakes every driver does, as far as the Duel race 1 and the bud shootout handed to him well, That is not possible, Jr has earned all his wins, he will win, don't just blame jr which is what you seem to do.
100 races at a local dirt track with only 4 wins is earning your way into the sport?
Then I know guys who shouldn't even have to sit in a car,... just hand them the cup!
Lisa

Pensacola, FL

#35 Apr 8, 2008
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
100 races at a local dirt track with only 4 wins is earning your way into the sport?
Then I know guys who shouldn't even have to sit in a car,... just hand them the cup!
jr deserves everything he has earned. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#36 Apr 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I really don't think this reply was meant toward me. But I will say that I agree It's not Jr's fault.
take care.
Nope, wasnt intended to offend you, was agreeing with you. lol.

Location hidden

#37 Apr 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that HMR is focusing all teams. Not just Jr's. He's a business man with sponsors to keep happy.
JJ seems to have gotten his car dialed in well yesterday. JG just had a bout of bad luck. Maybe they tried something new?.
You shouldn't be spouting non existent theories.
Have a great day!
I was adding to this post, your right their lil theories are ridiculous.
over88ted

Ringgold, GA

#38 Apr 8, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your book. Now I am wondering what perfect driver you root for. Lord help them if they fail to win for awhile ,or screw up pitting or driving.....I doubt if you have the guts to tell us who that is........
I like Jeff Gordon. And root for Jimmy Johnson when Jeffs not doing well...like now.
I'm starting to like Kyle Busch a whole lot more this season. Clint Boyer and Denny Hamlin are good too. DO NOT like Stewart. I'd like JR if he wasnt such a hayseed dumbass. I may start calling him Gomer. Goober says hey!
He can be GOmer and Eury JR can be Goober. Perfect.

“I am who I am”

#40 Apr 8, 2008
Angii wrote:
<quoted text>
I was adding to this post, your right their lil theories are ridiculous.
I thought so. I was not having the greatest day though. lol
Yes they are ridiculous.
Take Care

“I am who I am”

#41 Apr 8, 2008
Angii wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wasnt intended to offend you, was agreeing with you. lol.
Now that I went back and reread what you said I see it. What a ditz am I? To be sure lmao.
It was a very bad day.

Location hidden

#42 Apr 8, 2008
over88ted wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Jeff Gordon. And root for Jimmy Johnson when Jeffs not doing well...like now.
I'm starting to like Kyle Busch a whole lot more this season. Clint Boyer and Denny Hamlin are good too. DO NOT like Stewart. I'd like JR if he wasnt such a hayseed dumbass. I may start calling him Gomer. Goober says hey!
So you jump ship when your driver isnt doing well? I guess a person can just enjoy Nascar and not have a favorite driver and thats cool, but, you dont have to slam Jr, we like his personality and style just fine it's what makes him likeable.

Location hidden

#43 Apr 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so. I was not having the greatest day though. lol
Yes they are ridiculous.
Take Care
Hello. Hope your day is better.
There is no one on the other site, lol.

Location hidden

#44 Apr 9, 2008
over88ted wrote:
<quoted text>
So now I understand. Your not a driver fan. Your a winner fan.Who ever is winning is your driver.So your like a fly on stink that can land anywhere. except for you it means winners circle...Maybe we can call you Barney
from Mayberry....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
News Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
News Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
News Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
News Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web