Earnhardt's got more going for him th...

Earnhardt's got more going for him than a name

There are 42 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Earnhardt's got more going for him than a name. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

“I can remember points in last season and years past where that 8 car has been up front and strong and has had some quirky things take place [to] take him out of shots to win races”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished the 2007 Samsung 500 at Texas Motor Speedway and climbed out of the car. via WFAA-TV Dallas

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
petch

AOL

#1 Apr 6, 2008
jeff i been trying to tell you ,your on your own evenyour crewchief is against you with rick,and chad steve doesnt do what you want or goes too far to make it look like you dont know what you need.i think rick thinks you are over paid, you let the good guy go to petty,instead of steve!!!

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#3 Apr 6, 2008
same person

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS TROLL REPORT HER i HAVE !
zach 4 88

Denton, TX

#4 Apr 6, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
same person
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS TROLL REPORT HER i HAVE !
7K posts, are you an Indy fan??

Morris, IL

#5 Apr 6, 2008
NEXT
PERSON TO NOT RESPOND TO GETTING SO MAD! lol
zach 4 88

Denton, TX

#6 Apr 6, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
NEXT
what?
zach 4 88

Denton, TX

#7 Apr 6, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
NEXT
gimmie a break here, I am typing with a bad sun burn and one eye closed.

Morris, IL

#8 Apr 6, 2008
Let me explain there's a weak troll who goes around saying oh so many post and dogs Indycar! She hides under alias, I don't know you but this is her amo. If you're not sticking up for lisa good if you are then bad! If you didn't mean that fine, but I think Lisa is horrible and not even lisa.

Morris, IL

#9 Apr 6, 2008
She is a bad behavior adult who uses this to hide behind a computer and cause crap!
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#10 Apr 7, 2008
I think Hendrick is putting so much into trying to get the"Never was" boy a win that it's affecting the performance of his other teams.
They're so consumed with trying to avoid the wrath of the Junior army that they have lost site of the game plan that worked trying to pacify the red headed step child.
Jooniebooger will be the demise of HMS as he was at DEI.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
I think Hendrick is putting so much into trying to get the"Never was" boy a win that it's affecting the performance of his other teams.
They're so consumed with trying to avoid the wrath of the Junior army that they have lost site of the game plan that worked trying to pacify the red headed step child.
We will wait and see on that one.
The demise of his dad company and all the bad engine's tossed at him could be why he left.Jr can't help it that Steve missed his mark this week.Jimmie had a good run looks like his game plan worked.....Now that Jr has left Oh boy the DEI group should be leading this rat race is that what your trying to say......
Terry

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
LMAO! You must have studied at the Debi does posting school are you her brother by any chance? They told Jimmie and Jeff to stay behind Jr all year and let him win. I can see chad Knaus kicking back and wanting to take it easy for awhile yea right. Just keep wearing your tin foil hat and you'll be just fine my friend. Still LMAO thanks for the smile this morning you made my day!

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#13 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
I'm quite sure that HMR is focusing all teams. Not just Jr's. He's a business man with sponsors to keep happy.
JJ seems to have gotten his car dialed in well yesterday. JG just had a bout of bad luck. Maybe they tried something new?.
You shouldn't be spouting non existent theories.
Have a great day!
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#14 Apr 7, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that HMR is focusing all teams. Not just Jr's. He's a business man with sponsors to keep happy.
JJ seems to have gotten his car dialed in well yesterday. JG just had a bout of bad luck. Maybe they tried something new?.
Have a great day!
Yes Rick is a great businessman, hence signing Jr. He knew how much he would gain via souvenir sales. He also stated that at the same time he was on a tight schedule to get Jr a win or face the wrath of RED. Everyone in the sport knew he was in a no-win situation; Jr wins and according to the fans it will be all Jr,... Jr continues to not win and it's the fault of HMS.
But I thank you for your civilized, intelligent reply.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 7, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a great day!
When Jr had junk, people claimed he was whining, so what is this from JG fans? Not Jr's fault people, not even Jeff's fault, get over it.

“So tired of racists!”

Since: Mar 08

DFW, TX

#16 Apr 7, 2008
zach 4 88 wrote:
<quoted text>gimmie a break here, I am typing with a bad sun burn and one eye closed.
Me too, wasn't sure if I'm sunburned, windburned, or BOTH!

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

#17 Apr 7, 2008
Are you saying that you think the Golden Children (JJ and JG) and all of their team members are laying down and not racing or not giving it their all so that Junior might get a win and that they are doing so at the direction of Rick Hendrick? I just want to be clear on what you are saying.
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Rick is a great businessman, hence signing Jr. He knew how much he would gain via souvenir sales. He also stated that at the same time he was on a tight schedule to get Jr a win or face the wrath of RED. Everyone in the sport knew he was in a no-win situation; Jr wins and according to the fans it will be all Jr,... Jr continues to not win and it's the fault of HMS.
But I thank you for your civilized, intelligent reply.

“So tired of racists!”

DFW, TX

#18 Apr 7, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a great day!
I agree.

The Hendrick team is strong. The rest of the teams have caught up with them, that's all. HMR will do some tweaking and they'll be back on top. 7 races in, way too early to write them off.

Morris, IL

#19 Apr 7, 2008
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You must have studied at the Debi does posting school are you her brother by any chance? They told Jimmie and Jeff to stay behind Jr all year and let him win. I can see chad Knaus kicking back and wanting to take it easy for awhile yea right. Just keep wearing your tin foil hat and you'll be just fine my friend. Still LMAO thanks for the smile this morning you made my day!
Hi Terry where you been? Good racing this last weekend, Indycar race was great too! The next gen. of Rahal looks good!
Say What

Dryden, Canada

#20 Apr 7, 2008
Holy Moly wrote:
Are you saying that you think the Golden Children (JJ and JG) and all of their team members are laying down and not racing or not giving it their all so that Junior might get a win and that they are doing so at the direction of Rick Hendrick? I just want to be clear on what you are saying.<quoted text>
Not at all, although they have gone out of their way to push him to the front on occasion, I'm saying that there is a push and focus from the whole organization to get him some checkers. When you focus resources in one area the others are certain to somewhat fall behind.
They need to concentrate on racing rather than one driver, but there is a lot of pressure to get that driver a win and because it hasn't come as easy as everyone expected it's hurting the entire teams performance.

“So tired of racists!”

DFW, TX

#21 Apr 7, 2008
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, although they have gone out of their way to push him to the front on occasion, I'm saying that there is a push and focus from the whole organization to get him some checkers. When you focus resources in one area the others are certain to somewhat fall behind.
They need to concentrate on racing rather than one driver, but there is a lot of pressure to get that driver a win and because it hasn't come as easy as everyone expected it's hurting the entire teams performance.
They are not just focusing on one driver, why would HMR sacrifice all he has built up for one driver to win? Good grief!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Mears Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers most likely to throw a punch (May '14) May '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 3
News Richard Petty Upset Over Ambrose' $25,000 Fine (May '14) May '14 doug 5
News Jamie McMurray gets back into win column at Tal... (Oct '13) Nov '13 snow 5
News Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. an Underachiever or a Vic... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Aquarius-WY 12
News Harvick wins first Daytona 500 qualifier, Patri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 manic 2 4
News Devin Jones Starting To Shine In Late Models (Jul '09) Jan '12 Rick 2
News Mears unsure of future at Richard Childress Racing (Sep '09) Sep '10 camshaft man 4
More from around the web