Caraviello: Mears could thrive if he had some stability

Full story: NASCAR Winston Cup Scene

Mears says future with Hendrick secure despite rumors By David Caraviello , NASCAR.COM May 21, 2008 11:52 AM EDT If it's spring, then it must be time for Casey Mears to get fired again.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated May 23, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

I have pondered on this issue many a times and why not Mears for the Gibbs ride if Tony leaves? He would have to be a strong candidate for it.
Kyle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

If Stewart leaves Gibbs I think Biffle will go there. IF.

“Proud Supporter of SHR”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Judged:

Race fan Dan wrote:
I have pondered on this issue many a times and why not Mears for the Gibbs ride if Tony leaves? He would have to be a strong candidate for it.
Many are saying that Greg Biffle will be the one to replace Tony at JGR.

Do you think that Tony would take Casey's ride at HMS if there was a deal for him to have a Nationwide ownership arrangement like Dale Jr has?

I'm not to sure if any driver really has a actual secure future with any of the teams anymore.

Since: Dec 06

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Do you think that Tony would take Casey's ride at HMS if there was a deal for him to have a Nationwide ownership arrangement like Dale Jr has?

I wish I had kept the article where Rick was asked about trying to sign Tony-he said that no changes were going to made thru the current contracts of the drivers he now has. When told that he'd said the same thing before the Jr. deal, he said it wasn't a deal he'd be interested in (I am paraphrasing-don't remember how he phrased it). But it was rumoured (via Jack Rousch) that he was in the running for Carl Edwards before he resigned with Rousch-Fenway.

And HMS couldn't offer Tony an ownership deal, all their Nationwide cars were transferred to JR. Motorsports...

I don't th
christy88

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Judged:

HEY BOZO GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Nascar Gurly Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are saying that Greg Biffle will be the one to replace Tony at JGR.
I'm not to sure if any driver really has a actual secure future with any of the teams anymore.
I think he should. But if Stewey could take Home Depot he could be the driver with the best package. There has to be reason he's thinking of leaving Gibbs. Jeff Gordon got partial ownership not on his car but Jimmie J. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
DebiDoes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

Race fan Dan wrote:
Gibbs doesn't need any blockers... they like REAL RACERS!!

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Race fan Dan wrote:
<quoted text>I think he should. But if Stewey could take Home Depot he could be the driver with the best package. There has to be reason he's thinking of leaving Gibbs. Jeff Gordon got partial ownership not on his car but Jimmie J. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
He wasn't given ownership of an existing team....Jeff wanted Rick Hendrick to look at Jimmie Johnson being brought into HMS in a 3rd car & Mr. Hendrick said if he felt that strongly that they could go into it on a 50/50 basis as part owners. With the limits on teams, I don't see that happening..
DebiDoes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mears is a good guy. Why are you such a hater?
I actually feel for Casey... but he has to play his role at HMS...and that is what he does to a T..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

DebiDoes wrote:
<quoted text>I actually feel for Casey... but he has to play his role at HMS...and that is what he does to a T..
I think I saw Denny play his role to.
Stopping on the track getting a yellow then taking off like a bat out of He@@.

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't Jimmie actually have been the fourth car? seeing as there was the 24, 5, and 25?
LOL, like everyone else I forgot about the 25 car. I was just trying to say he couldn't make that deal with Tony because it would be 5 teams and now that's a no-no...
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

Boscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, like everyone else I forgot about the 25 car. I was just trying to say he couldn't make that deal with Tony because it would be 5 teams and now that's a no-no...
Hi Bosco how are you doing? I have not talked to you in a long time.What do you think of the racing season??
Hope you doing great.Its nice weather here today
got yard work on my menu. You have a nice day....
DebiDoes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

snow wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I saw Denny play his role to.
Stopping on the track getting a yellow then taking off like a bat out of He@@.
so,you would rather he come down into traffic, causing a wreck? who should he have cut off? Jeffypoo? Jimmie boy? Jr?
Junior Nation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

DebiDoes wrote:
<quoted text>so,you would rather he come down into traffic, causing a wreck? who should he have cut off? Jeffypoo? Jimmie boy? Jr?
This is old news and forgotten but I can't help but answer your question. I don't think DH did it to help his teammate I'm sure that was the last thing on his mind but it ended up doing just that... oh well, that's racing... The issue I have is DH should have come to pit row when the tire first went flat. He knew he had a flat and he was drifting backwards fast that's when he should have pitted then none of this would have been an issue.

The Coke 600 is this weekend and I sure hope it's a good race... It's the longest of the season and I sure hope it's not a snoozer. It's always been an exciting race but with the COT and if the All Star race was any indication of how it will be I guess I'll be taking a nap.

I just don't like the COT racing on the 1 1/2 mile tracks... Of course I'm not a fan of the cookie cutter tracks anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

DebiDoes wrote:
<quoted text>so,you would rather he come down into traffic, causing a wreck? who should he have cut off? Jeffypoo? Jimmie boy? Jr?
He knew he had a tire going down he should have got off earlier. Most driver come in when they have that problem instead of stopping on the track. He would not have cared who he cut off. He was thinking only of himself. It was a stupid move on his part. His
luck has stunk ever since he pulled that boner.
NOT

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

That's right, his luck went away due to KARMA!
snow wrote:
<quoted text> He knew he had a tire going down he should have got off earlier. Most driver come in when they have that problem instead of stopping on the track. He would not have cared who he cut off. He was thinking only of himself. It was a stupid move on his part. His

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

NOT wrote:
That's right, his luck went away due to KARMA!<quoted text>
Thank you....
I like Denny o.k. but that was so stupid of him to pull that boner. I know this is old news but
still stirs me up..lol
DebiDoes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
This is old news and forgotten but I can't help but answer your question. I don't think DH did it to help his teammate I'm sure that was the last thing on his mind but it ended up doing just that... oh well, that's racing... The issue I have is DH should have come to pit row when the tire first went flat. He knew he had a flat and he was drifting backwards fast that's when he should have pitted then none of this would have been an issue.
The Coke 600 is this weekend and I sure hope it's a good race... It's the longest of the season and I sure hope it's not a snoozer. It's always been an exciting race but with the COT and if the All Star race was any indication of how it will be I guess I'll be taking a nap.
I just don't like the COT racing on the 1 1/2 mile tracks... Of course I'm not a fan of the cookie cutter tracks anyway.
I happen to think that when guys are down a cylinder or smoking from an engine going bad, that they should be forced to pit too, but they are allowed to cause all sorts of hell by getting oil on the track.. so why should Denny have pitted instead of waiting for a caution to come out? anyhow, Lowes is the most boring track of all in my opinion.,. I have been there several times and every single time, it was a complete and utter bore.. all mile and a halves are BORING. Hopefully good old Kyle will race and make the others catch him. Hopefully no HMS driver will get the pole, hence the first pit stall and win the thing off pit row.. GO RYAN NEWMAN!!! GO JOE!!!GET THE POLE!!!!
DebiDoes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

Judged:

snow wrote:
<quoted text> He knew he had a tire going down he should have got off earlier. Most driver come in when they have that problem instead of stopping on the track. He would not have cared who he cut off. He was thinking only of himself. It was a stupid move on his part. His
so were all of Jrs blown engines last year due to karma from him doing a complete 360 to purposefully bring out the caution???????

“Bye old girl, you been great. ”

Since: Feb 07

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2008

I don't think one race at darlington when he came in 7th for a top ten was bad Karma for Denny. Also Jr has caused more then one yellow to benfit himself, and he was cought one time doing it as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••