Will Casey Atwood ever come back to N...

Will Casey Atwood ever come back to NASCAR?...

Posted in the Casey Atwood Forum

Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Aug 3, 2011
Hello Atwood fans. My name is Mary. I have a buddy named Mardeth who like me is a racing fan & her favorite driver is Casey Atwood. She has been curious about something over the past few years. Sicne Atwood hasn't been seen since the 2009 season, she wonders if Casey would come back to The NASCAR World. She is a bit worried about him. She has been worried about him coming back full-time since he suffered that concussion in the Spring Phoenix Nationwide race in 2009. She with Atwood has become similar to that of me worrying about one of my guys, Andy Houston, returning to the drivers seat.

I have my answer on Andy pretty much, but Mardeth hasn't gotten any clue about Atwood. Will he come back to NASCAR as a driver?...
Russell

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Sep 20, 2011
Hey Mary...big Casey fan here, but unfortunately...it appears he is done with racing at least at the Sprint/Nationwide/Truck level. He is married with child, and from my understanding still loves racing, but the "dream" of seeing him compete at a National level is over. I hate it too, but at least he got a shot...I think he could still do it...but the opportunities just aren't available....I am sure he misses it, but he had a run that most of us could only dream about!
Bryan

Fort Worth, TX

#3 May 27, 2012
Mary, I was searching for some info on Casey Atwood and came across your post. I'm about to list some items on e-bay. Casey memorabilia. I have a die cast car and some pit crew shirts. My Mom and Dad worked for Casey driving the hospitality coach when he was in the Bush series with Castrol... Know anyone that might be interested? I could send pics if interested.

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Atwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Racing still on Mayfield's radar (Jan '13) Mar '13 mark 19
Poll Should a struggling Nationwide team hire Atwood? (Oct '08) Oct '12 Big Dal 12
News Marcos Ambrose (R) has claimed his sixth top-10... (Jul '11) Jul '11 barr 1
News Edwards Grabs 4th Nationwide Win of 2011 (Jun '11) Jun '11 Jackson 2
News Fuel-sipping Bodine ends Busch's win streak (Sep '10) Sep '10 Winner 1
News Hamlin rolls to Martinsville win (Mar '10) Mar '10 alpinedigital 5
News Jeff Gordon: NASCAR needs some rivalries, trash... (Mar '10) Mar '10 concerned in exce... 9
More from around the web