Young Cale Gale
Tony Glisson

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Nov 9, 2008
I know Cale when he was around 6 years old. I was a friend of his mother and spent a short time at his house. Cale was sharp young lad with a lot of energy. I recall him doing as I had done when I was his age. Using the oval shaped throw rug and the different lanes in the pattern as racing lanes for his miniture race cars. I had done the same exact thing on my mother's carpet when I was his age. He was very energetic and determined. My job in radio broadcasting and related ventures took me away from Mobile for some years. It would be some years later that I would get the chance to see a teenage version of Cale racing at Mobile Int'l Speedway. While in the pits, his mom brought me over and asked Cale if he remembered me. Of course my hair was a lot shorter than before, as I was a musician and playe and dressed the part when he was a boy. He looked at me and with some prodding from his mother he exclaimed, "Oh yea, the DJ. You use to where the red leather pants." I definately didn't want to be reminded of that nor did I want anyone else hearing it. But it was all in fun. I'm really pround of Cale. I know his mother is too. I'm not suprized he is where he is. Even at 6 years old he would tell you what he was going to do. And he's doing it today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cale Gale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Penalties likely for Earnhardt, Waltrip teams (Feb '08) Apr '12 who cares 6
News Dario Franchitti WIX Filters Lap Leader of the ... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Lets go racing 3
News Harvick Takes Lead In NASCAR Drug Testing (May '08) May '08 Race fan Dan 1
News Appealing week for NASCAR (Apr '08) Apr '08 Jennifer Watts 1
News Tony Stewart wins the pole for Aaron's 312 Nati... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Lets go racing 15
News Penalties likely for Dale Earnhardt Jr., Michae... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Jennifer Watts 1
News Penalties likely for Dale Earnhardt Jr., Michae... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Lets go racing 2
More from around the web