Earnhardt, Hamlin win Twin 150 qualif...

Earnhardt, Hamlin win Twin 150 qualifying races at Daytona

There are 22 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Earnhardt, Hamlin win Twin 150 qualifying races at Daytona. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Preparing for Thursday's Gatorade Duels at Daytona made Brian Vickers more nervous than skydiving a few days ago did.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JS Bach

Whitwell, TN

#1 Feb 15, 2008
As Jr. himself once said... "that don't mean ****"
Crackah

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Feb 15, 2008
Ok, so tell us WHY he is favored. Is it because he's "Jr"? So what? He is, at best, an average driver. Stop kissing his ass! You people are living in the past.
to Crakah

Altamonte Springs, FL

#3 Feb 15, 2008
You really think that he's an average driver? He was in the top 15-10 in points the last few years with a below average racing team. Now he's in Hendricks, and he's ripping everybody to shreds. Look out, here comes the next Champ. Dale Earnhardt Jr!
Nomo

Ocala, FL

#5 Feb 15, 2008
Crackah wrote:
Ok, so tell us WHY he is favored. Is it because he's "Jr"? So what? He is, at best, an average driver. Stop kissing his ass! You people are living in the past.
Good God, what it is going to take to wake up people like you. The man just won the first two events of the season. Do you really need to ask why he is favored?
Junior Nation

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2008
Nomo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God, what it is going to take to wake up people like you. The man just won the first two events of the season. Do you really need to ask why he is favored?
Because they are all still in shock and can't face reality. Now that he is in cars that will actually make it through an entire race he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2008
In Cup racing you are what you drive. That is why Hendrick drivers win, why JGR drivers win, why Roush Drivers win.

DEI struggles.

Truex gave them their own victory of last season, even AFTER the Ginn merger. They got better but one victory is nothing for an entire organization to get happy about.

This is the CUP Series. You do not get to Cup if you do not have what it takes to win. But make NO mistake, you cannot win without great equipment, and great people from top to bottom.

Please note that this year, Morgan McClure racing did not show up, and the Wood Brothers and past champion Bill Elliot did not make the field.

THE WOOD BROTHERS!

Did they forget how to build a racecar, and did Elliott forget how to drive?

Junior is more than competent. The Shootout is a no-holds-barred race for cash! They are not worried about points, they could not care less if the car gets bent. They just want you to win it.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won the Shootout twice now. When he won it in 2003, he set a record for the driver with the lowest starting position to see victory lane.

That is not luck, you are driving against the best in the Shootout.

Dale Jr. is as good as advertised. Stewart calls him the best plate racer he has ever competed against.

Stewart beat Dale Sr. in the 2001 Shootout.

I'll take Stewart's word over any fan, any day.
get a life

United States

#8 Feb 15, 2008
Nomo wrote:
<quoted text>
his father was stuck on himself and a really dirty driver. couldn't stand him. "jr" seems a little more grounded, but i'm sick of hearing his name constantly too.

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2008
get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
his father was stuck on himself and a really dirty driver. couldn't stand him. "jr" seems a little more grounded, but i'm sick of hearing his name constantly too.
Deal with it.
I am sick and tired of George W. Bush, but that ain't gonna get him out of my life, now is it?
Clarence

Decatur, GA

#10 Feb 15, 2008
MarkL5 wrote:
In Cup racing you are what you drive. That is why Hendrick drivers win, why JGR drivers win, why Roush Drivers win.
DEI struggles.
Truex gave them their own victory of last season, even AFTER the Ginn merger. They got better but one victory is nothing for an entire organization to get happy about.
This is the CUP Series. You do not get to Cup if you do not have what it takes to win. But make NO mistake, you cannot win without great equipment, and great people from top to bottom.
Please note that this year, Morgan McClure racing did not show up, and the Wood Brothers and past champion Bill Elliot did not make the field.
THE WOOD BROTHERS!
Did they forget how to build a racecar, and did Elliott forget how to drive?
Junior is more than competent. The Shootout is a no-holds-barred race for cash! They are not worried about points, they could not care less if the car gets bent. They just want you to win it.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won the Shootout twice now. When he won it in 2003, he set a record for the driver with the lowest starting position to see victory lane.
That is not luck, you are driving against the best in the Shootout.
Dale Jr. is as good as advertised. Stewart calls him the best plate racer he has ever competed against.
Stewart beat Dale Sr. in the 2001 Shootout.
I'll take Stewart's word over any fan, any day.
I have a bad memory. Would you tell me how many year-end championship trophies Jr. has?
common sense here

Shreveport, LA

#11 Feb 15, 2008
MarkL5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with it.
I am sick and tired of George W. Bush, but that ain't gonna get him out of my life, now is it?
huh huh huh you're too funny - not.
Nova Joe

Lake Mary, FL

#12 Feb 15, 2008
Clarence wrote:
<quoted text> I have a bad memory. Would you tell me how many year-end championship trophies Jr. has?
Including this year?
Junior Nation

United States

#13 Feb 15, 2008
Clarence wrote:
<quoted text> I have a bad memory. Would you tell me how many year-end championship trophies Jr. has?
Will you tell me how many year-end championship trophies Mark Martin has?

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2008
common sense here wrote:
<quoted text>
huh huh huh you're too funny - not.
Stuck a nerve did I?

United States

#15 Feb 16, 2008
Clarence wrote:
Earnhardt Jr. has TWO.
Two Nationwide Series titles won back to back before his rookie year in Cup.

The list of drivers who have won consecutive titles in Nationwide include:
Ned Jarrett
Red Farmer
Jack Ingram
Sam Ard

All members of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.

Other Nationwide Champions include:
Bobby Labonte
Ralph Earnhardt
Both only won the title once.

So you are telling me that Jr. is a no-rate driver while being a NASCAR CHAMPION two consecutive times over?

He is also a Daytona 500 champion. Run down the list of "GREAT" drivers who cannot lay claim to both those achievements if you can. I can tell you that it is long and distinguished.

Oh what the heck! Let me tell you who has NOT won the Daytona 500:

Curtis Turner
Paul Goldsmith
Donnie Allison
Mark Martin
Bobby Labonte
Terry Labonte
Rusty Wallace
Allen Kulwicki
Tim Richmond
Jeff Burton
Al Unser Jr.
Johnny Rutherford
Dave Marcis
Darell Dieringer
Bobby Issac
Ricky Rudd
Ken Schrader
Mike Skinner
Cotton Owens
Bobby Hamilton
Buck Baker

That is the SHORT list. All of those guys are either NASCAR series champions, Hall of fame members, champions of other major series, or Indy 500 winners. That list is not lightweight, and proves to you that you have to have SOMETHING special to do what Earnhardt Jr. has done in his career.

Find somebody else to pick on Clarence. You look silly telling people that Junior can't drive.
len

United States

#16 Feb 16, 2008
get a life wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be a dumb ass..is dale sr. was stuck on himself..an a dirty driver..thats fine..if you did not like him..why are you talking about him...haha..you must like him..think about it....
Crackah

Lehigh Acres, FL

#17 Feb 16, 2008
Nomo wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH? Well let's see how he does. If he wins.......I'll come back on here and publicly appologize.
Reality Check

Rex, GA

#18 Feb 16, 2008
to Crakah wrote:
You really think that he's an average driver? He was in the top 15-10 in points the last few years with a below average racing team. Now he's in Hendricks, and he's ripping everybody to shreds. Look out, here comes the next Champ. Dale Earnhardt Jr!
Just in:(hours ago)

Hendricks are already cheating at Daytona.
little

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2008
len wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a dumb ass..is dale sr. was stuck on himself..an a dirty driver..thats fine..if you did not like him..why are you talking about him...haha..you must like him..think about it....
to all you that think dale sr.was a dirty driver you got it right..he was an was the best at it...he got nascar where it is today...
Billy Reed

Ocoee, FL

#20 Feb 16, 2008
I have 1 or 2 tickets to the Daytona 500 to sell at face value.$105 each. Depalma grandstand at the entrance to pit road. Row 15. I live in Winter Park FL. e-mail me your phone number [email protected]
caaabr

Bay City, MI

#21 Feb 17, 2008
I couldnt stand Sr. you are right he was a DIRTY driver and they make him out to be a saint. And Sr. himself thought he was great, he was an ASS on the track. We have seen alot of other drivers die but do we here about them like we have to here about Sr. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we dont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web