After missing first three races, Red Bull could drop A.J.

Mar 3, 2008 Full story: www.nascar.com 8

Red Bull Racing is considering temporarily pulling A.J. Allmendinger from his Toyota as it reevaluates that struggling program.

Read more

Since: Aug 07

Worthville, KY

#1 Mar 3, 2008
What? His testing looked so good! Jeez that stinks.
Junior Nation

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2008
Nothing against AJ but I don't think he is ready. Maybe some of the veteran drivers that lost their jobs because of the open wheelers will have a chance now. I'd like to see Stremme get a good ride.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#3 Mar 3, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
What? His testing looked so good! Jeez that stinks.
He was so disappointed that i really felt bad for him not getting in the race/failing to qualify and all..He is having some bad luck right now,i hope they continue to give him a bit more time!

Worthville, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
Nothing against AJ but I don't think he is ready. Maybe some of the veteran drivers that lost their jobs because of the open wheelers will have a chance now. I'd like to see Stremme get a good ride.
The open wheelers I root for are doing well, this A.J. I never much cared for him. Franchiti, Montoya and Carpentier are doing well. Even Hornish, they're rookies after all. I think they will keep their jobs and get better and better. They are stock car rookies after all. But Allmendinger was there last year so I guess he can't cut it. He was in Champ car, I have no love for Champ car, lol.
Dario finished 6th in the Nationwide and Carpentier 8th.

Worthville, KY

#5 Mar 3, 2008
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>He was so disappointed that i really felt bad for him not getting in the race/failing to qualify and all..He is having some bad luck right now,i hope they continue to give him a bit more time!
Oh Mindy if he came to him or Carpentier A.J. is nothing to me, lol. His testing was good that's why I'm confused.

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#6 Mar 3, 2008
AJ has always in my opinion been a little over rated. As for Stremme- yeah I think he deserves a chance.
Jim

Woodway, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Stremme dosent deserve anything he had his chance on a better team than AJ. Its hard to compare AJ to Vickers since Brian was a Nationwide champion who has driven stock cars his whole career. I do agree that AJ has been disappointing in cup though.
Nash

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Mar 3, 2008
David Stremme has been around since 03 in the Busch series he has 104 starts and 0 wins.

In 2005 he went to Sprint Cup and has 70 starts no wins and hardly any top 10.

The driver who took his job on the other hand is the champion of the series he just left and on the list of top 50 drivers in the world.

He may be an open wheelers but that open wheeler is better then Stremme.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web