Waltrip delivers best finish of year

Waltrip delivers best finish of year

There are 15 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 18, 2007, titled Waltrip delivers best finish of year. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Michael Waltrip finally gave his race team the huge boost it so desperately needed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Tobin Smith

Arlington, VA

#1 Jun 18, 2007
NASCAR is going to bury itself with stuff like this. AT&T has historically had one of the most exclusive lists of attorneys any company could have had, NASCAR's going to pay for this one.

“Best of the Best of the Best..”

Since: Jan 07

Upstate NY

#2 Jun 18, 2007
Yea, Mikey, I was so happy seeing you in the top ten, and finishing there! Ruiteman got top 15 also, Good day for MWR, and I hope this is a sign of where they are headed! Good luck mikey!
gcb

Orangeburg, NY

#3 Jun 18, 2007
I thought Waltrips best finish was his Drunken rollover SUV crash....lol

Upstate NY

#4 Jun 18, 2007
gcb wrote:
I thought Waltrips best finish was his Drunken rollover SUV crash....lol
was never proven to be drunk! LOL
The Truth

Benton Harbor, MI

#5 Jun 18, 2007
Glad to see Mikey get a solid Top 10 after running well all day. The guy hasn't forgotten how to drive. Truth be told, he would've made several more races this year if not for NASCAR's stupid obsolete Top-35 lock on qualifying. That rule was put into place when there weren't enough full-time teams; now there are 49 cars showing up every week, and it's well past time for them to abolish the rule. Take the 40 fastest, allow 3 provisional spots, and be done with it.
Alan

Berkeley, CA

#6 Jun 18, 2007
Nascar is shooting them selves in their own foot with the law suite with AT&T. It's dumb and will push more fans away. I don't care for AT&T. Nascar has gotten for there own pants their asses are showing. That is avery ugly idea.

Upstate NY

#7 Jun 18, 2007
The Truth wrote:
Glad to see Mikey get a solid Top 10 after running well all day. The guy hasn't forgotten how to drive. Truth be told, he would've made several more races this year if not for NASCAR's stupid obsolete Top-35 lock on qualifying. That rule was put into place when there weren't enough full-time teams; now there are 49 cars showing up every week, and it's well past time for them to abolish the rule. Take the 40 fastest, allow 3 provisional spots, and be done with it.
nah, that makes to much sence!
Junior Nation

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2007
Mikey really "got 'er done" this week. Hope we get to see a whole lot more of him in the weeks/years to come. He's a great guy!! Congrats Mikey.. We know you can dig yourself out of that hole.
robby

Springboro, OH

#9 Jun 18, 2007
at&t needs to go away and shut up
jnemechekfan13

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2007
Too Bad Mikey can't continue his streak because Ol' Terry is racing at Infineon.
Larry

Shawnee, OK

#11 Jun 19, 2007
Why is every one complaining about att. This is Mickeys forum. If you need to complain about att go to the att site. Mikey good run man hang tuff you will survive.
Tim Wohlford

Middleville, MI

#12 Jun 19, 2007
Team Red Bull was all set to make a very strong run, but were taken out in crashes, etc. At the very least, the Toyota teams now think they've gotten the motor issues worked out.

Sadly, you have 14 cars running for 7 "go or go home" spots, and 7 of those are Toyota's. Barring a bombing of RYR and EMS, all of the Toyota will have to qualify on time through the first part of next year. If they miss a race during that time (likely) then they might be in the same position all next year too.

Since: Apr 07

Glendale, AZ

#13 Jun 19, 2007
I totally agree with you Truth. Michael even said on INC a couple of weeks ago that the Top 35 rule was implemented several years ago because you had about 35 or 36 teams coming EVERY SINGLE WEEK to race, and then you had the straglers coming every so often trying to take spots. So to protect those who were there every week, they implemented this top 35 thing.
NOW they have 49 cars coming every single week to qualify, sometimes more, but it's been at minimum 49. So they need to do away with the top 35, let them qualify 1 through 40 on time, and have 3 provisionals. That's what Michael said they should do.... just like the old days. I agree with him. If they'd been doing this all along, Michael would have made every race but Atlanta and Bristol.
StillA500Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jun 21, 2007
Congrats Mikey. I am a huge HMS, Jeff Gordon, and Chevy fan. However watch out for Toyota. They are a smart organization that spares no expense. There will always be parity in NASCAR but when Toyota gets rolling, watch out. I know Waltip is historically good at Michigan, but when he is getting top 10's in his third race of the season, things are turning. Vickers gets a good finish every time he makes a race. Last year he couldn't get a good finish unless he wrecked his own teammate and the most popular driver in NASCAR. I just hope that the other manufacturers have been planning far enough in advance to deal with the deep pockets that Toyota has as far as locking up good drivers to long term contracts.
StillA500Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 21, 2007
I meant I hope the other teams of the the other manufacturers have been planning far enough in advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web