"One of them racin' deals"

"One of them racin' deals"

There are 19 comments on the news14.com story from Feb 17, 2009, titled "One of them racin' deals". In it, news14.com reports that:

What do you want, NASCAR fan? Seriously, what is it you really want? Why is that an important question? In the big picture, it isn't. However, I am tired of the whining about NASCAR not being as good as it used ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news14.com.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#1 Feb 17, 2009
Nice Article!
cmfenjoysccm

Rexford, NY

#2 Feb 18, 2009
I agree with your article. The only thing that I hate about racing is the blocking. It might have cost Dale Sr. his life, and ever since I've wished they would penalize the driver whose does it. Wouldn't that be more of a good reason then say someone who is maybe touching the outside line of his pit box?
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#3 Feb 18, 2009
cmfenjoysccm wrote:
I agree with your article. The only thing that I hate about racing is the blocking. It might have cost Dale Sr. his life, and ever since I've wished they would penalize the driver whose does it. Wouldn't that be more of a good reason then say someone who is maybe touching the outside line of his pit box?
Lately there has been way too much blocking and the blocking by some has been way way too close. In the interest of safety NASCAR really does need to take a closer look at it and put a bit of guidelines into place.

Elliott Sadler could have shot down the track to block Kenseth but he didn't because he understands and respects the outcome of what could happen.
Dalesgirl

Rocky River, OH

#4 Feb 18, 2009
Good article. What happens, happens. I think people are in total shock about the wreck, only because of JR. He is the nice guy who wouldn't do something like that. I say it is time for him to fight back and wreck everyone who hits him. What the hell, it's racing.

“Don't Tell Me, Show Me”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#5 Feb 18, 2009
Dalesgirl wrote:
Good article. What happens, happens. I think people are in total shock about the wreck, only because of JR. He is the nice guy who wouldn't do something like that. I say it is time for him to fight back and wreck everyone who hits him. What the hell, it's racing.
If you mess with the Bull you get the horns, Rowdy's patience is running thin with the golden one.
cindy

Shallotte, NC

#6 Feb 18, 2009
JR does wreck drivers. What was last sunday?He was having a bad day so he was unhappy and mad.And what did he do?He caused a nine car pileup.And the deal in the pits,Istill cant get over that. If he was not the son of Dale SR we would be saying Dale who.

Since: Jul 08

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#7 Feb 18, 2009
Jrh8er wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mess with the Bull you get the horns, Rowdy's patience is running thin with the golden one.
Oohh, Junior should be scared. Big Ears is comin to get him!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Kyle may have gotten Junior, but I seem to recall Kyle got it back as well.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#8 Feb 18, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe, He does have big ears doesn't he? Doesn't seem to slow him down though.
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#9 Feb 18, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
That he did. Kyle is a good driver, but he whines like they all do.

United States

#10 Feb 18, 2009
Dalesgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
That he did. Kyle is a good driver, but he whines like they all do.
They ALL whine at one point or another. Some just do it more then others.
Butterfly

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Feb 18, 2009
I can hear him right now it's one of those racing deals.

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Feb 18, 2009
Heck rubbing is racing. If you can't take it get out of racing. Rowdy didn't say too much about it. In fact at one point I think he said hey that's part of Daytona. It's just racing. What I say. It's over! It's done! Move on to California.
Dalesgirl

Rocky River, OH

#13 Feb 19, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
They ALL whine at one point or another. Some just do it more then others.
That is true. The media and all the so called critics should leave JR alone and find someone else to write about.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#14 Feb 19, 2009
Dalesgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. The media and all the so called critics should leave JR alone and find someone else to write about.
I think it sucks for Matt K. Because the media has just been focused on Jr and BV and you don't see to much about Matt winning the race. That would piss me off if I was a Matt K fan or Matt myself. Its like damn how much longer can the media and some people drag this race on for
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#15 Feb 19, 2009
cindy wrote:
JR does wreck drivers. What was last sunday?He was having a bad day so he was unhappy and mad.And what did he do?He caused a nine car pileup.And the deal in the pits,Istill cant get over that. If he was not the son of Dale SR we would be saying Dale who.
Jr did not mean to wreck the field..but i bet Vickers will think twice before he puts the block on him next time...you know he wreck his own teammate and Jr at Talladega to go for the win ..So i don't see why everybody is so down on Jr he took it very well when Vickers wreck him for the win at Talladega and when Kyle wreck him..all they do is whine...lets see what happens Sunday..

Roy, WA

#16 Feb 19, 2009
Dalesgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I believe Matt Kenseth won the biggest race of the year. And the series is moving to California this week. Talk about how they can get a freakin sellout for that track. Heck, talk about who's the best singer on American Idol. I like Danny myself.
jr fan

Traverse City, MI

#17 Feb 19, 2009
I don't believe Jr wrecked BV on purpose. Come on, why would he take the chance to wreck an entire field of awesome drivers, piss everyone off, and take himself out in the process. Stupid!! It was a mistake, accident or whatever you want to call it. Oh, and get all this bad press, too. It's only been a big deal all week because his name is Earnhardt. The ticket sales are down so NASCAR needed something to try to boost them. Why not make a mountain out of a mole hill??? Make him out to be the bad guy just to boost ratings. Jr carries a good 60% all sales so why not make it a big deal. You know as well as I do that this will make them a good chunk of change for a while.
jr fan

Traverse City, MI

#18 Feb 19, 2009
I don't believe Jr wrecked BV on purpose. Come on, why would he take the chance to wreck an entire field of awesome drivers, piss everyone off, and take himself out in the process. Stupid!! It was a mistake, accident or whatever you want to call it. Oh, and get all this bad press, too. It's only been a big deal all week because his name is Earnhardt. The ticket sales are down so NASCAR needed something to try to boost them. Why not make a mountain out of a mole hill??? Make him out to be the bad guy just to boost ratings. Jr carries a good 60% all sales so why not make it a big deal. You know as well as I do that this will make them a good chunk of change for a while.
Dalesgirl

Rocky River, OH

#19 Feb 19, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it sucks for Matt K. Because the media has just been focused on Jr and BV and you don't see to much about Matt winning the race. That would piss me off if I was a Matt K fan or Matt myself. Its like damn how much longer can the media and some people drag this race on for
That happened last year to Bowyer. They could at least be fair about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web