Darrell Waltrip blames crash on Dale ...

Darrell Waltrip blames crash on Dale Earnhardt Jr.

There are 109 comments on the www.tennessean.com story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Darrell Waltrip blames crash on Dale Earnhardt Jr.. In it, www.tennessean.com reports that:

Matt Kenseth might have won the Daytona 500 on Sunday, but Dale Earnhardt Jr. was the hot topic of conversation Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tennessean.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Avenger

Ellicott City, MD

#104 Feb 23, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
The interview with Jr. and Waltrip was for Jr. to openly let everyone know {fans and haters} what he actually thought about the wreck. He's over it and everyone else should be.
There was a small element of defiance, which I liked. At least he still has some guts. Now, if that fire could be allowed to grow a bit, he might be pretty respectable driver.

But it still smacks of after-the-fact pandering. You could tell by looking at him that he didn't want to apologize. that was Rick Hendrick's PR-laden apology coming from his scruffy little lips, not his own.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#105 Feb 23, 2009
did you see what brian vickers said?

he said jr manned up and called and said he was sorry!

when the hell is crybaby vICKers going to man up and apologize to all of nascar fans for the dega fall 2006 bone head f*ck up he made????
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#106 Feb 24, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, NO, the lucky dog rule is a good thing, until the lucky dog there was a gentelman's agreement about not racing to the caution flag, however, two things started happening, the leader would often slow up so much that many of his friends would pass and get a lap back and this in turn started the dangerous action, once again, of racing back to the caution, many times through the scene of an accident and through all of the parts and pieces on the track. I do not agree with a lot of things in the modern NASCAR, however, this one is a good rule.
When the caution comes out, the field gets frozen, no need to race to the line. Plenty of cameras around to make sure everyone stays put. The lucky dog rule is a joke.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#107 Feb 24, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Snow I've noticed when Jr gives interviews you can tell he doesn't seem to be himself lately. I think theres something going on with him and I sincerely hope he can get back in the game. Something just isn't right.
The same can be said for Biffle.
He had a bad nationwide series race and then lost the race Sunday by his big mistake on pit row. He flat out ran over Brad then hit the wall real hard. Don't know what's up with him either.
3TOES

Pittsburgh, PA

#108 Feb 24, 2009
Looks like someone is imitating me...I guess that is the highest form of flattery...But please, keep it clean, even though you are an umemployed street walker...

Since: Jul 08

Roy, WA

#109 Feb 24, 2009
love_spell wrote:
did you see what brian vickers said?
he said jr manned up and called and said he was sorry!
when the hell is crybaby vICKers going to man up and apologize to all of nascar fans for the dega fall 2006 bone head f*ck up he made????
Oh, Vickers says he didn't wreck Junior. He hit Jimmie who in turn wrecked Junior. I guess he doesn't remember that if he hadn't hit Jimmie, he wouldn't have hit Junior. This was from Vickers himself, in an article Lee Spencer wrote. He isn't the sharpest crayon in the box if he truly believes that.
cindy

Calabash, NC

#110 Feb 24, 2009
Are we still at Daytona? Its time to move on people. Lets talk about Kyle making nascar history. No other racer has done that before. GO KYLE.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#111 Feb 24, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Vickers says he didn't wreck Junior. He hit Jimmie who in turn wrecked Junior. I guess he doesn't remember that if he hadn't hit Jimmie, he wouldn't have hit Junior. This was from Vickers himself, in an article Lee Spencer wrote. He isn't the sharpest crayon in the box if he truly believes that.
He tried to pull the same trick with Greg Biffle saturday night in the nationwide series race. He bitched about Jr doing
it to him yet he did it himself only thing he just spun out but he could have easily wrecked Biffle.
Mark

Lewisville, TX

#112 Feb 26, 2009
Shut up n drive wrote:
It takes two to tango DW.
Waltrip is an idiot. All he ever did was bash Dale Earnhardt including during the race he died in. As soon as that happened they had always been the best of buddies. Waltrip reminds me of mean Gene the wrestilng announcer and has about as much substance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web