Drivers complain about how Earnhardt won

Drivers complain about how Earnhardt won

There are 547 comments on the blog.al.com story from Jun 16, 2008, titled Drivers complain about how Earnhardt won. In it, blog.al.com reports that:

Two drivers -- Matt Kenseth and Brian Vickers -- said NASCAR let Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.al.com.

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
pearl

Hilbert, WI

#1 Jun 16, 2008
This is not the first win of this type. What will happen if the twodrivers win the same way. Will NASCAR let them win?.
christy88

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jun 16, 2008
pearl wrote:
This is not the first win of this type. What will happen if the twodrivers win the same way. Will NASCAR let them win?.
http://nascar.about.com/b/2007/09/30/greg-bif...

Here is the article from the same race last year, and drivers were bad at Greg Biffle.. so i guess thats the way it goes
figuratively speaking

Bonner Springs, KS

#3 Jun 16, 2008
Both of those drivers would have done the same exact thing. They, too, would push the envelope. Heck, Kenseth even admitted he would.
So what is the author's point other than trying to make a controversy.
LTy

Beverly Hills, CA

#4 Jun 16, 2008
I figured it wouldn't be long before the conspiracy theorists came out in full force. Before it's all over with someone will accuse NASCAR of handing Earnhardt the win to deflect attention over the 250 million dollar sexual harrassment suit or the fact that drivers were hauled in a meeting to discuss how they address the media with complaints of the COT.
So typical....

“Kenny Schrader I'm for you”

Since: Apr 08

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jun 16, 2008
LTy wrote:
I figured it wouldn't be long before the conspiracy theorists came out in full force. Before it's all over with someone will accuse NASCAR of handing Earnhardt the win to deflect attention over the 250 million dollar sexual harrassment suit or the fact that drivers were hauled in a meeting to discuss how they address the media with complaints of the COT.
So typical....
That's ridiculous.
Terry

Gig Harbor, WA

#6 Jun 16, 2008
It was good WIN, the two other drivers should stop crying and get ready for next week.
Hate Kyle

Marietta, GA

#7 Jun 16, 2008
As long as Kyle stays out of the winners circle I'm content.
Poetry

Saginaw, MI

#8 Jun 16, 2008
How completey lame. The fuel-milage ending was the only thing that made that race exciting to watch. Other then that, it was a snooze fest.

They did the same thing to Greg Bifle last season. Clearly some of the drivers are just sore losers. The only way they're not gonna complain about it is if they had won the race instead.

It was a good win...move on.
rookie

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2008
Sporting events (as fun as they are to be watched) are big business. The business owners are going to do what they can to see that they keep peak interest in their sport including not penalizing americas favorite driver. Fans realize this surely those athletes participating do to.
Dew Addict

United States

#11 Jun 16, 2008
Vickers and Kenseth need to move on. Kenseth even said he would have done the same thing. I understand that they are both dissapointed that they didn't win, but c'mon.
Justin

Christiansburg, VA

#12 Jun 16, 2008
What's wrong? Nobody has yet to ask ol washed up Jeff Gorden what he thinks. Good to see nobody cares what he thinks. Seems he has had something to say about everything and the issues amoung other drivers the last several weeks. Is him being quite part of his big come back plan? What a lame story that was last week.
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Jun 16, 2008
Anytime Gordon HAS to go to Victory Lane to congratulate someone else is a good day for me. Kenseth has always been a whiner so there's nothing new there. Biffle caught the flak last year so it's not just Jr. Any of them would have tried the same darn thing...even my favorite Kyle Busch.
jgr4

Mechanicsville, VA

#15 Jun 16, 2008
nascar didnt let him win kahne did, under yellow in a green white checkered you have to make it back to the finish line jr ran out of gas on the front strach and kahne pushed him to the finish, kahne could of passed jr if he wanted to but thats not the way kahne is!
lsg

United States

#16 Jun 16, 2008
Terry wrote:
It was good WIN, the two other drivers should stop crying and get ready for next week.
I'm with you, If they don't like it get out of racing.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#17 Jun 16, 2008
jgr4 wrote:
nascar didnt let him win kahne did, under yellow in a green white checkered you have to make it back to the finish line jr ran out of gas on the front strach and kahne pushed him to the finish, kahne could of passed jr if he wanted to but thats not the way kahne is!
Kasey didn't push him.

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

#18 Jun 16, 2008
It doesn't matter anymore what happened. Jr was declared the winner and NASCAR isn't going to change anything. NASCAR really doesn't have any rules that they can govern by. They adapt to the situation which ever way they want to swing.
Avenger

Ellicott City, MD

#19 Jun 16, 2008
Poetry wrote:
How completey lame. The fuel-milage ending was the only thing that made that race exciting to watch. Other then that, it was a snooze fest.
They did the same thing to Greg Bifle last season. Clearly some of the drivers are just sore losers. The only way they're not gonna complain about it is if they had won the race instead.
It was a good win...move on.
Yeah, a real snooze fest. Let me clue you in on what real NASCAR fans like, a real race where the best driver and best team win, not a pass-fest. That's jst for you rookie fairweather NASCAR fans who spent their Sundays watching the overpriced babies of the NFL before the '01 Daytona 500. It makes me sick how so many claim to be NASCAR fans and don't have a clue what racing is about. Go back to watching your corrupt and worthless sports, people, and leave MY NASCAR pure.
Avenger

Ellicott City, MD

#21 Jun 16, 2008
Barr wrote:
It doesn't matter anymore what happened. Jr was declared the winner and NASCAR isn't going to change anything. NASCAR really doesn't have any rules that they can govern by. They adapt to the situation which ever way they want to swing.
They damn well better change 'em if they want to keep their viewership up. The traditional and long-time NASCAR fans that watch every minute of every race, also buy the products advertised and tickets to the events. They are trying to appease teenage superstar-worshippers and they're gonna fall flat on their financial ass.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#22 Jun 16, 2008
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
They damn well better change 'em if they want to keep their viewership up. The traditional and long-time NASCAR fans that watch every minute of every race, also buy the products advertised and tickets to the events. They are trying to appease teenage superstar-worshippers and they're gonna fall flat on their financial ass.
Jimmie won on fuel mileage did you whine about it then?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#23 Jun 16, 2008
jgr4 wrote:
Not what race you were watching. Kasey came up on Jr.'s bumper and tapped him right before he turned back on to pit road but Kasey wasn't pushing Jr. Jr. didn't shut it off until he turned back on to the end of pit road in turn one. Everyone knows and Jr. admits that had not the 10 and 55 not brought out the caution just after the white flag displayed that he would not have won. To make it tough on Kasey, it was his teammate that brought out the caution that ended the race and gave it to Jr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web