Not a very sunny day for Fox and NASCAR

Not a very sunny day for Fox and NASCAR

There are 27 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Not a very sunny day for Fox and NASCAR. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Television's obsession with trying to get virtually every major sporting event spread into prime time proved costly on Sunday when NASCAR's showcase event, the Daytona 500 , had to be cut short because of rain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#21 Feb 21, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not crappy. I like some of his songs. They just play them too much on the radio.
I disagree. I never get tired of hearing his songs, and he is very handsome.
WWE CRASHCAR

Trumbull, CT

#22 Feb 21, 2009
AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Try going around and around at speeds up to 190mph,in a traffic jam of 43 cars. The drivers are not all the same. They all have different personalities. If you are bored with it then turn the freakin' channel. Nascar didn't ask you to watch and they most definately aren't holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch. Get over yourself and enjoy your very lonely Sunday watching Talledega Nights.
please those sheeeetbox COTs can't even qualify at 190 at Daytona.
Nascar

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Feb 21, 2009
When was the Daytona 500 on?
Dumb

Secaucus, NJ

#24 Feb 21, 2009
Nascar wrote:
When was the Daytona 500 on?
Dumb Dumb
Green With Envy

United States

#25 Feb 22, 2009
McLarenM8b wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm saying is the driver talent and individual car performance keeps F1 a lot more interesting to watch than NASCAR. As of yet, F1 has not gone the way of equal cars, engines, etc. but it is probably only a matter of time.
Motorsports is doomed.
Engines are by no stretch of the imagination equal!
Kornback Rattler

“NEXT!!”

Since: Jun 08

Land of Enchantment

#26 Feb 22, 2009
Either way, it's still boring to a "real motor sport fan".

Since: Jan 09

Allentown, PA

#27 Feb 23, 2009
Green With Envy wrote:
<quoted text>Engines are by no stretch of the imagination equal!
Green, it's only a matter of time. NASCAR was talking about a one engine program on Sunday. In the future, it's all about cost control for the teams. Since body and aerodynamics have already been equalized, the only thing left is engine. You mark my words, within three years NASCAR will institute a one engine program. IROC-NASCAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7