Could Junior win the Cup without win...

Could Junior win the Cup without winning a race?

There are 412 comments on the sportsillustrated.cnn.com story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Could Junior win the Cup without winning a race?. In it, sportsillustrated.cnn.com reports that:

Kahne, Junior taking different routes to same Chase destination Kasey Lahne has won two of the last three Cup races Kyle Busch failed to win three NASCAR races in one weekend Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sportsillustrated.cnn.com.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

“AKA Liza”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Barbara

#413 Jun 15, 2008
Hey don't get me wrong I'm Thrilled Jr won, just accusind Patrick is ridiculous

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#414 Jun 15, 2008
Race fan Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Rick can fill some of the void his Dad left.
Maybe a little of that going in both directions. Jr. maybe helping fill a void left by the death of Ricky, John and Papa Joe. They both have had their share of sorrow in the last few years. I'm just tickled for Jr. and Tony Jr. that they're showing the world that they are the real deal and can do it on their own. Shrub's six or seven fans will be crying in their beer this week I'm sure because he fell on his face two weeks in a row trying to play Superman. Maybe he ought to throw the cape away and just wear the Superman PJ's.

“AKA Liza”

Santa Barbara

#415 Jun 15, 2008
accusing- my laptop is beat and needs a new keyboard in the worst way-

“"Insane 4 Kahne!"”

Since: Mar 07

Boonsboro, MD

#416 Jun 15, 2008
christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!!! kasey did awesome today
Hehe! Your welcome. Junior earned it. ;) I was happy with second, b/c Kasey should have finished about tenth or twelfth.
christy88

San Antonio, TX

#417 Jun 15, 2008
NextelGrrl9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe! Your welcome. Junior earned it. ;) I was happy with second, b/c Kasey should have finished about tenth or twelfth.
Yeah it was close but Kasey and Jr played it smart

“AKA Liza”

Santa Barbara

#418 Jun 15, 2008
The last real stop Kasey restarted 19 and drove it to 10 before he started saving gas. Kaseys' car as crap but they finally hit it on the last stop. Fuel stratagie came into play but not that much...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#419 Jun 15, 2008
christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
IM just glad you stayed out of the hauler, lol.

“"Insane 4 Kahne!"”

Since: Mar 07

Boonsboro, MD

#420 Jun 15, 2008
christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
They both did awesome jobs today. Junior won, and as strange as it may sound, I am oddly thrilled with the fact that Kasey was able to get a top five that wasn't in the win column. LOL!

“Nipsy, Chica's pillow”

Since: Nov 07

Bolingbrook, IL

#421 Jun 16, 2008
Angii wrote:
<quoted text>
IM just glad you stayed out of the hauler, lol.
AMEN TO THAT! lol
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#422 Jun 16, 2008
This is a moot point now. Onto the championship team 88!!!

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

#423 Jun 17, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe a little of that going in both directions. Jr. maybe helping fill a void left by the death of Ricky, John and Papa Joe. They both have had their share of sorrow in the last few years. I'm just tickled for Jr. and Tony Jr. that they're showing the world that they are the real deal and can do it on their own. Shrub's six or seven fans will be crying in their beer this week I'm sure because he fell on his face two weeks in a row trying to play Superman. Maybe he ought to throw the cape away and just wear the Superman PJ's.
I never saw it like that but I think you are correct. I see no reason to split Eury and Little E up and I don't think Little E would allow it either.

TLO

Hammond, IN

#424 Jun 17, 2008
NextelGrrl9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I think Kasey said he had a 10th to 15th place car at best. 2nd is good.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web