Dale Earnhardt Jr. owes many people a...

Dale Earnhardt Jr. owes many people an apology for Daytona 500 actions

There are 47 comments on the blog.mlive.com story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Dale Earnhardt Jr. owes many people an apology for Daytona 500 actions. In it, blog.mlive.com reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. drives past as Brian Vickers' car heads toward the wall during the Daytona 500.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.mlive.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WOOOHOOO

Bethany, OK

#1 Feb 17, 2009
YEAH BABY.... IT IS ABOUT TIME JR STOPPED BEING SO NICE ON THE TRACK AND STARTED DRIVING MORE LIKE HIS DAD.... PUT A FEW PEOPLE IN THE WALL AND MAYBE THE BLOCK PASSING WILL BE RETHOUGHT.... JUST LIKE MARK MARTIN SHOULD HAVE PUT KYLE BUSCH INTO THE WALL WHEN HE PUT THE BLOCK ON FINAL LAP. IT LOOKED WRONG FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, BUT AN OVERDUE STATEMENT WAS MADE BY JUNIORS ACTIONS.... SHOULD HAVE COME SOONER WITH THE PAYBACK TO KYLE BUSCH FOR HIS SUPPOSED "WIGGLE" LAST YEAR THAT TOOK JR OUT....
WAY TO GO JR.... KEEP UP THE ATTITUDE!!!!
PS GO DOWN TO CRYBABY VICKERS PIT AND KICK HIS A$$ THERE!!!
Spine

United States

#2 Feb 17, 2009
Is anyone surprised that a pro Jr rant is in all caps?

Since: May 08

Temperance, MI

#3 Feb 17, 2009
If Jr thinks he can drive like his dad he won't last long because he can't handle the car. That was more than obvious Sun. The guy can't even concentrate long enough to get in his pit box then he makes stupid decisions. But what do you expect from someone with an IQ of 98.

Since: Jul 08

Watseka, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2009
Barr wrote:
If Jr thinks he can drive like his dad he won't last long because he can't handle the car. That was more than obvious Sun. The guy can't even concentrate long enough to get in his pit box then he makes stupid decisions. But what do you expect from someone with an IQ of 98.
Junior doesn't think he can drive like his father, moron. In fact, he wants to be his man. I have a feeling his IQ his higher then 98. He went to college, how many guys in the garage can say that????
JR FAN

Kingfield, ME

#5 Feb 17, 2009
I for one am proud of Jr for sticking to his guns. If it had been Busch or Vickers they would have just called it racing.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Barr wrote:
If Jr thinks he can drive like his dad he won't last long because he can't handle the car. That was more than obvious Sun. The guy can't even concentrate long enough to get in his pit box then he makes stupid decisions. But what do you expect from someone with an IQ of 98.
Jr. doesn't think he can drive like his dad. I've seen interviews where he has stated that he will never be able to fill his father's shoes. He's trying to be his own man and driver. He is under alot of pressure from the fans, sponsors, Hendrick, his championship winning teammates. He had an off day. They all have off days sometimes. We'll see how he rebounds in the weeks to come.

Since: Jul 08

Watseka, IL

#7 Feb 17, 2009
JR FAN wrote:
I for one am proud of Jr for sticking to his guns. If it had been Busch or Vickers they would have just called it racing.
Especially Kyle. Ol' Dw would have been just about falling out of the booth trying to make an excuse for him. Now Lisa, when you read this don't overreact.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#8 Feb 17, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially Kyle. Ol' Dw would have been just about falling out of the booth trying to make an excuse for him. Now Lisa, when you read this don't overreact.
Actually I agree
rob

Solon, IA

#9 Feb 17, 2009
dale jr drive baby drive if you think he sould apologize you should try driving you you would try to do the same thing it is just human nature
rob

Solon, IA

#10 Feb 17, 2009
f u Barr
rich

Gilford, NH

#11 Feb 17, 2009
Jr recked my day.
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Feb 17, 2009
I completely side with Dale Jr and i agree with Rusty Wallace's take on it, when you throw a block like that at almost 200 mph, that's going to happen and Jr could NOT lift or he would've been turned. Vickers got payback to what he did to Jr at Talladega when Vickers turned Johnson into Jr on the last lap and that is still Vickers only win. It's about time Jr showed some damn emotion and i think he's justified in what he did and Jr haters be damned for whatever the hell they think! And DW can kiss my sweetass for his opinion, he's a broken down has-been who's career only was afloat due to the past champ provisional. The Earnhardt's is what gave the Waltrips a second chance and apparently DW needs to have his memory jogged.
cindy

Supply, NC

#13 Feb 17, 2009
Dale JR saying that he cant drive like his dad is the only smart thing Ihave heard him say in a long time.He comes no where near SR. Iam glad that at least he knows that. And he is not living in a fantasy world.
JR FAN

Kingfield, ME

#14 Feb 17, 2009
CRJ wrote:
I completely side with Dale Jr and i agree with Rusty Wallace's take on it, when you throw a block like that at almost 200 mph, that's going to happen and Jr could NOT lift or he would've been turned. Vickers got payback to what he did to Jr at Talladega when Vickers turned Johnson into Jr on the last lap and that is still Vickers only win. It's about time Jr showed some damn emotion and i think he's justified in what he did and Jr haters be damned for whatever the hell they think! And DW can kiss my sweetass for his opinion, he's a broken down has-been who's career only was afloat due to the past champ provisional. The Earnhardt's is what gave the Waltrips a second chance and apparently DW needs to have his memory jogged.
I so agree with all of this and the fact that DW announces like he drove!Sh**y
Junior Nation

United States

#15 Feb 17, 2009
I think the media owes Jr an apology for trying to make this into a media dream story. Nothing like trying to drive ratings at Jr's expense.
cindy

Ocean Isle Beach, NC

#17 Feb 17, 2009
Now its the media that owes JR an apology.Because they reported what we seen last sunday?If JR had not driven like an idiot, missing his pit stops and making rookie mistakes they would not have had anything to write about.He gave them all they needed. They just did there job.Iam sorry but JR is not all that.GO KYLE.
JR FAN

Kingfield, ME

#18 Feb 17, 2009
Junior Nation wrote:
I think the media owes Jr an apology for trying to make this into a media dream story. Nothing like trying to drive ratings at Jr's expense.
Correct you are! Busch is one of the dirtiest drivers out there and everyone just sucks it up when he does it, but let Jr do something and the it's a media frenzy. I would have been happier if he taken Busch out earlier in the race when they were fighting for the lead! Guess I can't have it all!
Junior Nation

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2009
JR FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct you are! Busch is one of the dirtiest drivers out there and everyone just sucks it up when he does it, but let Jr do something and the it's a media frenzy. I would have been happier if he taken Busch out earlier in the race when they were fighting for the lead! Guess I can't have it all!
You mean the time that KB shot up the race track to block Jr from taking the lead and you couldn't have fit a hair between them? Guess KB is better at blocking than Vickers because Vickers waited until Jr was halfway up his quarter panel before he tried to block.

“Go KB!”

Since: Feb 09

West Virginia

#20 Feb 17, 2009
He actully does.

He took alot of good cars outta the race.

Thank God Matt passed Sadler.
That would of been a stinker if Sadler won.

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#21 Feb 17, 2009
JGR18 wrote:
He actully does.
He took alot of good cars outta the race.
Thank God Matt passed Sadler.
That would of been a stinker if Sadler won.
'
He doesn't owe anyone anything. It's called a racing incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web