Earnhardt triggers 9-car accident in ...

Earnhardt triggers 9-car accident in Daytona 500

There are 9 comments on the The Associated Press story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Earnhardt triggers 9-car accident in Daytona 500 . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch have been knocked out of the Daytona 500 in a multi-car accident started by Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Anna

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 15, 2009
The wreck was not intentional. Jr does not wreck people on purpose. It was stupid of FOX to ask him if it was accidental. Vickers should have blocked that aggresively. That is how wrecks are caused and Jr was simply was trying to recover him car and get onto the track above the yellow line. He was simply obeying NASCAR's rule. Besides Vickers is not innocent. He wrecked Johnson and Junior at Talladega two years ago and that was just 'racing'. Well guess what Vickers. That was just 'racing' and a taste of your own medicine. If you don't like it you should get out of NASCAR. You were with a top team and couldn't win without wrecking the leaders. So quit complaining. When you block somebody like that and shove them out of bounds, then they are going to come back up the track. It's common sense.
Jr didn't do anything wrong. Listen to his interview. He'll say when he's at fault. And he didn't. Get over it. You can't drive. Don't be so jealous.
jonn

United States

#2 Feb 15, 2009
Anna wrote:
The wreck was not intentional. Jr does not wreck people on purpose. It was stupid of FOX to ask him if it was accidental. Vickers should have blocked that aggresively. That is how wrecks are caused and Jr was simply was trying to recover him car and get onto the track above the yellow line. He was simply obeying NASCAR's rule. Besides Vickers is not innocent. He wrecked Johnson and Junior at Talladega two years ago and that was just 'racing'. Well guess what Vickers. That was just 'racing' and a taste of your own medicine. If you don't like it you should get out of NASCAR. You were with a top team and couldn't win without wrecking the leaders. So quit complaining. When you block somebody like that and shove them out of bounds, then they are going to come back up the track. It's common sense.
Jr didn't do anything wrong. Listen to his interview. He'll say when he's at fault. And he didn't. Get over it. You can't drive. Don't be so jealous.
Agree. Vickers is one to talk about someone wrecking people .I can see why they let him go.
beingwyrd

Tucker, GA

#4 Feb 15, 2009
Jr wasn't the one to take out the 9 cars, he came out of the wreck unscathed.

Vickers is at fault here. no doubt about it in my mind.
DENNY FAN

Kitchener, Canada

#5 Feb 16, 2009
beingwyrd wrote:
Jr wasn't the one to take out the 9 cars, he came out of the wreck unscathed.
Vickers is at fault here. no doubt about it in my mind.
Dale jr was still mad over the pit stop where he can't pull in for a pit stop. And he took out his anger to Vicker. Maybe Dale jr should attend anger-management problem.
VICKYD

United States

#6 Feb 16, 2009
Dale Earnhardt Jr needs to be suspended for that "LITTLE" accident in yesterday's race. He has "talked" in interviews where he talks bad about other drivers driving recklessly, he has NO room to talk. His accident was in front of the pack shortly after a restart, and could have caused MAJOR devistation.
trey

Cypress, TX

#7 Feb 16, 2009
dale jr was at fault here jr was a billon laps down so why get he let off instead off taking out 9 cars lets face it jr has no talent
cindy

Calabash, NC

#8 Feb 19, 2009
Maybe he stayed out of his bar this past week, and will be more clear headed.
Maggie May

Kannapolis, NC

#9 Feb 19, 2009
Jr was at fault imo guess Vickers could have pulled over for Jr. and let him have the lucky dog. You know he is Jr and all.
Buddy

Huntsville, AL

#10 Mar 9, 2009
The video I would like to see is the in car video of Brian Vickers two laps before the wreck to include the wreck itself. I never did see it on tv and I think there could be some missing proof. I probably never will get to see it, but I think it could shed some light on the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web