Vickers spins leaders to steal win

Vickers spins leaders to steal win

There are 255 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Oct 8, 2006, titled Vickers spins leaders to steal win. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Brian Vickers stole his first Nextel Cup victory Sunday by turning teammate Jimmie Johnson into race leader Dale Earnhardt Jr., then skirting by the two spinning cars on the last lap at Talladega Superspeedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

#21 Oct 8, 2006
HI Anderson24 remember a few years back at Dega when Jr. was a lap down and he took out the #48 "the lead car" to get his lap back? But that was ok because it was JR.. Give me a break guys!
Glenn

United States

#22 Oct 8, 2006
And that idiot Brian Vickers has at least one fan that is as much of an idiot that he is.
anderson24

United States

#23 Oct 8, 2006
refuse to loose wrote:
HI Anderson24 remember a few years back at Dega when Jr. was a lap down and he took out the #48 "the lead car" to get his lap back? But that was ok because it was JR.. Give me a break guys!
you bet i remember 'jr. fans are the worst there is for sore losers 'its ok when jr. does wrong tho 'they need to * get real ***24**48**
anderson24

United States

#24 Oct 8, 2006
Glenn wrote:
And that idiot Brian Vickers has at least one fan that is as much of an idiot that he is.
sure glad we aint jr. fans ' man they are real sore losers . jimmy was gonna win it any way 'ended real nice ' lol
anderson24

United States

#25 Oct 8, 2006
i was praying on that last lap for jimmy to get jr. and he did ??????????
refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

#26 Oct 8, 2006
Take it easy pal I know JR. might have won that race but now Hendricks rules the plate tracks. Maybe JR> could do an episode of BACK IN THE DAY when DEI used to rule the plate tracks!!!!

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#27 Oct 8, 2006
anderson24 wrote:
<quoted text>jr. admited he was blocking 'the sunglasses are cool '**24**48**go hendricks**
EVERY interview I saw Jr said he knew the 48 & 25 were going to pass him and there was nothing he could do about it except maybe hope for a top 5.

The 25 didn't do it on purpose. He did it because he don't know how to drive. I wonder if you'd feel different if the 24 was leading at the time.

Okay the sunglasses aren't gay, they're queer.
anderson24

United States

#28 Oct 8, 2006
NASCARPOVVER wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERY interview I saw Jr said he knew the 48 & 25 were going to pass him and there was nothing he could do about it except maybe hope for a top 5.
The 25 didn't do it on purpose. He did it because he don't know how to drive. I wonder if you'd feel different if the 24 was leading at the time.
Okay the sunglasses aren't gay, they're queer.
no i would not feel any different if it would have been jeff it was an accident on the last lap 'first win ??????????for the 25 ???????
anderson24

United States

#29 Oct 8, 2006
refuse to loose wrote:
Take it easy pal I know JR. might have won that race but now Hendricks rules the plate tracks. Maybe JR> could do an episode of BACK IN THE DAY when DEI used to rule the plate tracks!!!!
your right .he needs to do that 'lol
anderson24

United States

#30 Oct 8, 2006
have ya ever seen jrs. sunglasses ??????????talk about gay looking """"" """"" "
refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

#31 Oct 8, 2006
I just saw on thatsracing.com Jr. was upset because Gordon does not like to be bump drafted in the corners and said he would prefer if JR. did not do it.JR. stated he pushed Gordon to the front all day long and Gordon has no others friends to work with out there.I just have 1 question for JR. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE PLATE RACE RESULTS OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS?
RUBI

United States

#32 Oct 8, 2006
[Now I know why you hate Gordon so much .He has bitten the Henhardt in the 500 beafore they won one .Beside Jr. has a long way to go beafore he even come close to 74 "V" and 4 championship.So put your pacifier on .
sportsfan59

Los Banos, CA

#33 Oct 8, 2006
call us junior fans wutever u want, if it wasnt for the true sorry ass losers like brian vickers out on the track, we wouldnt be having these conversations, vickers should have alittle more respect for his fellow drivers, especially those in the chase, he could have been more cautious,and to put ur teammate in that situation, it really goes to show wut kinda guy vickers is.
refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

#35 Oct 8, 2006
Are you talking to me Rubi? I'm a Gordon fan. Just came over here to listen to the JR. fans cry.
RUBI

United States

#34 Oct 8, 2006
[Do me a favor all Earhardt fans .Get a big pacifier you all needed bad
RUBI

United States

#36 Oct 8, 2006
Stop all you Earhartd fans .Get it over he was going to loose anyway.Better yet get a pacifier.Jr has along way to go to claim he is as good as Gordon like 74 big "V" and 4"C"
MaryAnn

United States

#37 Oct 8, 2006
I wish Jr.would get a life of his own instead of riding on his father's credits and coat tail trying to make it.Crying babies don't make it .If he was a regular name Joe .Nobody would know who he is.
Danimal

Waipahu, HI

#38 Oct 8, 2006
Just racing a usual. Happens all the time. I've seen Dale Sr. do it many times. It was allright then, why is it any different now. Give em hell Brian.
Mark

United States

#39 Oct 8, 2006
In the true tradition of DEI and RCR racing....IT WAS A CLEAN AND HONEST FINISH!!!!!!!!
refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

#40 Oct 8, 2006
Since JR. pulled down to try and block the #48 Johnson had to hesitate which caused Vickers to bump him. Bottom line is JR. caused the wreck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web