Vickers spins leaders to steal win

Full story: San Jose Mercury News

Brian Vickers stole his first Nextel Cup victory Sunday by turning teammate Jimmie Johnson into race leader Dale Earnhardt Jr., then skirting by the two spinning cars on the last lap at Talladega Superspeedway.
Comments
1 - 20 of 255 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2009
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Hurminator

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Vickers what a cheap shot to get a win. I would have been ashamed to claim it. Why did none of your teammates or mr.H come by for congratulations?????
I am glad your going to Red Bull.Maybe they will take the bull by the horn.........In my book you
suck........
Angie

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

I hope Jimmie Johnson comes and kicks Vicker's ass for what he did. You know why because his teammates can't stand him.
Glenn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

I've now found someone that I hate worse than Jeff Gordon. Brian Vickers is a total and utter F____ING BUM!!!!! What a crappy way to win a race. I hope that both Junior and Jimmie Johnson kick your ass all over the world!!!!!
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

why is brian any different than other drivers wrecking for the win ' brian did nothing wrong 'so get over it ' mr. hendrick was in victory lane 'im not a vickers fan but the kid did no wrong ] its dege ' last lap great race '**24**48**
Tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Junior needs to put this loss behind him and not lose focus. I know its a hard defeat but, keep focused on the prize. with only 100 and some change points down, its still very posible to win the cup at this point.3 drivers out and atlanta coming on the 29th. Atlanta is his best chance for a win.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

He spins his own team mate.
He takes out two chasers.
In post race interview says Junior tried to block Jimmie, thats why he ran into the back of the 48.
I call BU[[SHYTE!
Replay clearly shows Junior moving over.
He's making excuses for his own inept driving.

He should have been ashamed to pull into victory lane.

AND THOSE SUNGLASSES ARE GAY!
Jeff

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Brian Vickers should stay on the team with Gordon and Johnson.... cause he's as dirty as they are. He should be stripped of this win and banned from racing the rest of the season. He's not in contention for the Cup and he ruined the chances of the best car on the track today. Junior is just playing it cool right now..... just wait, Vickers... your day is coming and the #8 will be there!!!!!!!!!!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Vickers is a dumass. There is no "I or Vickers" in Team. The regular season races - be as much as an individual as you want. But the chase races - should be a total team effort for the ones in the chase! Hendricks ought to release the Vucker to red-bull now and put another driver in his car.
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Tim wrote:
Junior needs to put this loss behind him and not lose focus. I know its a hard defeat but, keep focused on the prize. with only 100 and some change points down, its still very posible to win the cup at this point.3 drivers out and atlanta coming on the 29th. Atlanta is his best chance for a win.
all ten drivers are in now ' 185 points out are not very many 'great race today '**24**48**
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Jeff wrote:
Brian Vickers should stay on the team with Gordon and Johnson.... cause he's as dirty as they are. He should be stripped of this win and banned from racing the rest of the season. He's not in contention for the Cup and he ruined the chances of the best car on the track today. Junior is just playing it cool right now..... just wait, Vickers... your day is coming and the #8 will be there!!!!!!!!!!
get over it ' all the other drivers have wrecked pleny of times for wins ' vickers didnt do it on purpose '**24**48**the 8 is not upset so why are you 'good race
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

NASCARPOVVER wrote:
He spins his own team mate.
He takes out two chasers.
In post race interview says Junior tried to block Jimmie, thats why he ran into the back of the 48.
I call BU[[SHYTE!
Replay clearly shows Junior moving over.
He's making excuses for his own inept driving.
He should have been ashamed to pull into victory lane.
AND THOSE SUNGLASSES ARE GAY!
jr. admited he was blocking 'the sunglasses are cool '**24**48**go hendricks**
Jeff

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

anderson24 wrote:
<quoted text>all ten drivers are in now ' 185 points out are not very many 'great race today '**24**48**
Don't defend this little punk... he's as dirty as your 24 & 48 sissy's. Maybe they should all date each other........ it would be the dirtiest 3-way in history.
Jeff

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

anderson24 wrote:
<quoted text>get over it ' all the other drivers have wrecked pleny of times for wins ' vickers didnt do it on purpose '**24**48**the 8 is not upset so why are you 'good race
You have NO clue. Do you realize that Jr. would have been 3rd in points had he won this race. Yeah, he didn't show he was upset on camera, but I gaurantee you that he is pissed at this little cheat. Vickers' day is coming..... just like his little buddies 48 & 24.
Melanie

Tuscumbia, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Yeah right, he didn't do it on purpose. That is utter bull***t he did and he knows it. He'll get what's coming to him very soon.
vickers the man

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

John wrote:
Vickers is a dumass. There is no "I or Vickers" in Team. The regular season races - be as much as an individual as you want. But the chase races - should be a total team effort for the ones in the chase! Hendricks ought to release the Vucker to red-bull now and put another driver in his car.
The so called TEAM wont let there teamate vickers into the so called TEAM meetings 25 dindt wreck them on purpuse they would have done the same to him but because he dont have as big a name as jr or johnson every ones gonna jump all over him
refuse to loose

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

I happem to know Carl Edwards and spoke to him after the race, he felt it was a clean pass! How soon all you JR. fans forget!!!!
Danny Warrenville SC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

NASCAR call out Jr for bumping earlyer in the race why not call out Vickers He wasn't in the race for the championship.Shows who NASCAR is for. Thjere will be another time another place for Jr and JJ
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You have NO clue. Do you realize that Jr. would have been 3rd in points had he won this race. Yeah, he didn't show he was upset on camera, but I gaurantee you that he is pissed at this little cheat. Vickers' day is coming..... just like his little buddies 48 & 24.
you sure are a sore loser ??????????
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't defend this little punk... he's as dirty as your 24 & 48 sissy's. Maybe they should all date each other........ it would be the dirtiest 3-way in history.
get over it ' 8 lost??????????
anderson24

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

refuse to loose wrote:
I happem to know Carl Edwards and spoke to him after the race, he felt it was a clean pass! How soon all you JR. fans forget!!!!
they dont care ' poor lil jr.he does the same as vickers 'glad he got wrecked out ' he sure has a lot of sore losers for fans ??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brian Vickers Discussions

Search the Brian Vickers Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••