Big One at Daytona

Big One at Daytona

There are 34 comments on the blog.al.com story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Big One at Daytona. In it, blog.al.com reports that:

Kyle Busch's car is towed back to the garage. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was already having a bad race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.al.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#21 Feb 15, 2009
I agree with you Avenger.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#22 Feb 15, 2009
So, Junior was so pissed at Vickers that he had to let him know he was angry right then and there???? I mean, Junior had to know he would take out a bunch of cars. So, he thought "Screw it, I might as well......" Doesn't sound like the Junior I know. He made a mistake. And now people are going to treat it like he is the first driver to ever make one. And all because of what his last name is. If any of you could have done a better job of avoiding it, I would love to see you try.

Oh, and Vickers is a whinly little brat. I seem to remember a couple of years ago he took out a couple cars to win a race, one being his teammate.
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#23 Feb 15, 2009
Jr did not wreck them on purpose. He is not that type of driver.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#24 Feb 15, 2009
Dalesgirl wrote:
Jr did not wreck them on purpose. He is not that type of driver.
Totally agree. It was an accident. I mean, he's taken guys out on purpose(though it isn't very often)but this wasn't one of those times.
Avenger

Dayton, OH

#25 Feb 15, 2009
His actions speak louder than your words, Dalesgirl.As far as Vickers wrecking poster boy and plastic man a few years ago, it was a completely different ballgame. They were racing for the WIN, and Vickers did not have to duck onto the apron to get it done.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#26 Feb 16, 2009
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said on the OTHER thread about this, Below the yellow = no run. didn;t we cover this with the Stewart - Regan Smith finish last year. This is one rule NASCAR is pretty consistent about. Vickers was going low before Junior pulled alongside, and junior went below the line before he got to Vickers. Junior had no business being there. He thought he could sneak in and get away with it. not singling him out, a lot of drivers do it, but he got in over his head and caused a wreck. End of story.
Like I said, bovine excrement !!!
When you have a run on someone like Jr. did on Brian, you gotta go somewhere to avoid butt pluggin' them. Jr. went low...the ONLY option, other than running into the back of Brian, open to him at the time. He would not have been given the pass as he was below the line. Brian moved below the line himself but got there too late and hit Jr. in the right front with his left rear. Watch the video again.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#27 Feb 16, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
So, Junior was so pissed at Vickers that he had to let him know he was angry right then and there???? I mean, Junior had to know he would take out a bunch of cars. So, he thought "Screw it, I might as well......" Doesn't sound like the Junior I know. He made a mistake. And now people are going to treat it like he is the first driver to ever make one. And all because of what his last name is. If any of you could have done a better job of avoiding it, I would love to see you try.
Oh, and Vickers is a whinly little brat. I seem to remember a couple of years ago he took out a couple cars to win a race, one being his teammate.
I would not call being faster than Brian a "mistake".

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#28 Feb 16, 2009
Avenger wrote:
His actions speak louder than your words, Dalesgirl.As far as Vickers wrecking poster boy and plastic man a few years ago, it was a completely different ballgame. They were racing for the WIN, and Vickers did not have to duck onto the apron to get it done.
So then why, exactly, did Brian go below the line himself?
Trigger Head

United States

#29 Feb 16, 2009
Hey. hey, hey he was seeing a "sea of pink". I don't what it is. But damn it must be right stuff.
jr fan

Bridgeport, MI

#30 Feb 16, 2009
Everybody knows Jr is not a dirty driver. After the race i seen an interview with Darrell W. and even he said after he watched the re-play, he does not believe Jr did that on purpose. He mis-judged comming back up to get in line. I have watched Jr for years and he has way to much class to pull something dirty like that. Bad day or not, Thats Racing and things happen. Life goes on!!!
Avenger

Dayton, OH

#31 Feb 16, 2009
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, bovine excrement !!!
When you have a run on someone like Jr. did on Brian, you gotta go somewhere to avoid butt pluggin' them. Jr. went low...the ONLY option, other than running into the back of Brian, open to him at the time. He would not have been given the pass as he was below the line. Brian moved below the line himself but got there too late and hit Jr. in the right front with his left rear. Watch the video again.
I can't argue with that, as you are the true recognized expert when it comes to "butt-pluggin'".

Cry into your little can of Amp, piss your Wranglers, and read your rejection letter from the National Guard.

Just another fanboy.
Avenger

Dayton, OH

#32 Feb 16, 2009
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why, exactly, did Brian go below the line himself?
He didn't. His tires were on the line, which is allowed, unlike having your tires on your pit box, which hopefully EVERYONE, even the poster-boy, understands now.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#33 Feb 16, 2009
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't argue with that, as you are the true recognized expert when it comes to "butt-pluggin'".
Cry into your little can of Amp, piss your Wranglers, and read your rejection letter from the National Guard.
Just another fanboy.
Oh how sweet.

Can't take the truth I see.
Not surprised.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#34 Feb 16, 2009
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't. His tires were on the line, which is allowed, unlike having your tires on your pit box, which hopefully EVERYONE, even the poster-boy, understands now.
Watch it again Einstein.
Brian's right side tires were damn near touching the line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web