Mirror Driving: Johnson's Lucky Day The End Of The Lucky Dog?,...

Aug 6, 2009 Full story: www.frontstretch.com 9

The Frontstretch: Mirror Driving: Johnson's Lucky Day The End Of The Lucky Dog?, Chasing Chasers, And Hornaday's Heroics by Thomas Bowles -- Wednesday August 5, 2009 NASCAR news and rumors.

Read more

“Martin returns full time”

Since: Jan 09

Texas City, TX

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Lucky dogs need to go or be limited one per race.
Mom

San Jose, CA

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Yes they do...

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Its easy to say that unless its your driver. Had it been anyone else but Jimmie no one would be complaining now. Everytime theres an issue that doesn't make everyone happy all of a sudden they want the rules changed. Had it been Martin would you still say this? Probably not.
Skunk

AOL

#4 Aug 11, 2009
Which martin are you talking about? One of the Martins doesn't need a lucky dog the other is a grid filler.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#5 Aug 11, 2009
Skunk wrote:
Which martin are you talking about? One of the Martins doesn't need a lucky dog the other is a grid filler.
Well it could be either or.
Nascartoon

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
Its easy to say that unless its your driver. Had it been anyone else but Jimmie no one would be complaining now. Everytime theres an issue that doesn't make everyone happy all of a sudden they want the rules changed. Had it been Martin would you still say this? Probably not.
Hell! Just do away with getting back on the lead lap all together. Once you fall a lap down, your not allowed to ever gain it back. Wonder if that would make all those whiners happy? It would certainly make me, a Jimmie fan, happy. You want to know why? Because Jimmie will rarely not be on the lead lap. It wouldn't affect Jimmie in any real perceivable way. I can't say those regular lucky doggers will be too happy, but it would really be a moot point to Jimmie.
Hyporcrisy

Houston, TX

#7 Aug 11, 2009
Take the top 35 rule out get in on speed and race like the rest do. If you're so f'in good why do you need to make sure you're in the show or not? No more charity.

External lucky dog page
http://www.jayski.com/pages/luckydog.htm

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#8 Aug 11, 2009
Nascartoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hell! Just do away with getting back on the lead lap all together. Once you fall a lap down, your not allowed to ever gain it back. Wonder if that would make all those whiners happy? It would certainly make me, a Jimmie fan, happy. You want to know why? Because Jimmie will rarely not be on the lead lap. It wouldn't affect Jimmie in any real perceivable way. I can't say those regular lucky doggers will be too happy, but it would really be a moot point to Jimmie.
So true. When he goes a lap down he's good enough to get it back without the lucky dog. However it did help at Pocono.haha.
Nascartoon

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>So true. When he goes a lap down he's good enough to get it back without the lucky dog. However it did help at Pocono.haha.
It did indeed. I remember a few years ago when Ryan Newman came from 3 laps down to win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Vickers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News Michael Waltrip, sponsors considering whether M... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wallbanger 11
News Vickers notches win as Stewart runs out of gas (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ogre 6
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Brian Vickers a surprise winner at New Hampshire (Jul '13) Jul '13 The Truth 7
More from around the web