Waltrip team signs younger Truex

Apr 11, 2009 Full story: Abilene Reporter-News

Michael Waltrip Racing has signed the 17-year-old brother of NASCAR Sprint Cup regular Martin Truex Jr.

Full Story
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Well, some of lead to think that with the signing of Ryan Truex may lead to the signing of Martin Jr away from DEI to MWR to replace Mikey in the 55 Napa car. I dont see it happening as first off Bass Pro has a great relationship with Truex and i believe would follow him wherever he decided to go, whether DEI contract is still there or not, and i think Truex has a great relationship with Chevy, however, i could see another manufacturer getting him.
Bottom line is i dont think how MWR is running is going to be enough to lead him away from DEI although there are better teams that i think could and will such as Gibbs or RCR. I still could see Gibbs hire him to replace Logano or for a fourth car, or RCR could hire him to replace Mears or maybe Harvick depending on how Harvick does as he hasnt won a race in over two years.
If Mikey is lucky enough to keep Napa, he'll end up teaming Reutimann up with Napa, as he's improved and Aarons is a one year deal, as they didnt even want to run the whole season with David, but i still predict that Napa can and will find a better deal with a better team, maybe on Gibbs future fourth team, or maybe even replace Jack Daniels on 07 car, as i believe this is their last season and RCR tried to replace them last season with UPS. Ive predicted that Mears will drive the #32 Napa Chevy for RCR next season.
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Sorry, i meant to say ive predicted that Jamie McMurray will drive the 32 Napa Chevy next season.
Of all the talent

Rome, Italy

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Mikey has his shyt together. Go fight win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black driver could change the face of NASCAR (Feb '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 13
Scott wins NASCAR trucks race at Phoenix (Nov '12) Nov '12 good grief 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. gets emotional about his father (Sep '12) Oct '12 CNDBILLFAN 18
Wendell Scott inspires young driver hoping to b... (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
Bob Dance, 1937-2008 (Sep '08) Oct '12 Racefan 19
NASCAR to relax testing rules (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
Leffler out at KBM (Aug '12) Aug '12 adsfadf 3
More from around the web