Stewart, team devastated by gas short...

Stewart, team devastated by gas shortage at Texas

There are 10 comments on the NASCAR Winston Cup Scene story from Apr 10, 2011, titled Stewart, team devastated by gas shortage at Texas. In it, NASCAR Winston Cup Scene reports that:

Tony Stewart 's crew chief, Darian Grubb, succinctly summed up the emotion surrounding his Stewart-Haas Racing crew Saturday night in the aftermath of the Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NASCAR Winston Cup Scene.

“Respect the Clowns”

Since: Sep 10

hee hee hee

#1 Apr 10, 2011
The Debi curse continues in TEXAS

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Apr 10, 2011
"Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot" - American proverb

I agree
Ford Man

Carthage, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2011
Serves him right for trying to win on less pitstops. Gotta be smart to win. Ford Pride baby Ford Pride

“Just a littlebit”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Apr 11, 2011
Stewart shot himself in the foot this time making rookie type mistakes.

There's no way he can blame this one on Darian. Tony needs to get his game back on the race track made of asphalt.

“Just a littlebit”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 11, 2011
I was speaking of past mistakes done by him where Darian gets thrown under the bus.

The ones where he overrules his crew chief and then him and some of his fans put the blame on Darian, like Darian should get down off the pitbox and run Tony down.

It amazes me how when it's Tony making the mistakes, some want to kiss his little boo boo away...but if it can be blamed on Darian, those same people want Darian's head on a silver platter. And if it's a pit crew member....BBQ the guy right here and now.

“Clint give me some sugar”

Since: Aug 10

Jordanville, NY

#9 Apr 12, 2011
Smoke has to qualify better he can not come from the back of the pack WHY who knows.Darian had to get Tony to the front of the pack. So he took a gamble that would get Smoke up front.Hoping there would be a caution making the front runners pit. Well unfortunately the caution never happened. Plus Tony had the speeding penalty thats what killed him . It made him have to race wide open to get back up front plus him and Carl fought for 3rd place which really caused Tony to burn fuel . So who was really to blame Darians gamble that would get Tony the win IF they had been a caution. Or Tony making a Rookie mistake entering the pits to fast???? I really think it is up to the individual no 2 people are going to agree.My feeling is the pit penalty is what killed smoke chance for a top 5 finish.
Dale Senior

Mission Viejo, CA

#10 Apr 12, 2011
I've had no gas since my head snapped off.
Dale Senior

Mission Viejo, CA

#12 Apr 12, 2011
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. He was racing too hard, thus using up more fuel. Of course, when a caution is needed, it never seems to happen. Not even debris on the track.
Do you consider a helmet with a head in it debris????

“Just a littlebit”

Location hidden

#13 Apr 12, 2011
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, how about Jr. fans who pissed and moaned about his crew chief. No matter what Jr. did, it was always the crew chief's fault. It was never Jr.'s fault. This was done more with Jr.'s crew chief than Tony's cc.
Well Carolyn simply put, since I don't follow Jr...that's not my problem
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Apr 12, 2011
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. He was racing too hard, thus using up more fuel. Of course, when a caution is needed, it never seems to happen. Not even debris on the track.
Not for Tony, you're absolutely right. But, I think sometimes it depends on who benefits most from the caution before the debris magically appears.

Tony ran a good race and Darian had great strategy. And, we agree again, and Tony agrees also, that his mistake screwed the strategy. Even so, because he had to make up track position, he was only 1/2 lap short on fuel and they almost made it work! I'm optimistic the 14 car will be in VL not too far in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Keselowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Logano apologizes for run-in with Biffle (Oct '09) Feb '15 dicswg22 10
News Edwards on crutches with broken foot but plans ... (Sep '09) Apr '13 hello 6
News Ryan Newman calls on NASCAR to name drug involv... (May '09) Feb '13 Michael 4
News Forget the tie -- give dad a Father's Day adven... (Jun '11) Feb '12 nataliefish123 2
News Ryan Newman, Tony Stewart make it a Stewart-Haa... (Jul '11) Nov '11 Ricky Bobby 32
News April Fooled: NASCAR Hoax Causes Web Frenzy (Apr '09) Oct '11 brian929 136
News Auto Racing Links: Brad Keselowski's ankle, Ton... (Aug '11) Aug '11 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
More from around the web