Kurt Busch loses cool and blasts Pens...

Kurt Busch loses cool and blasts Penske race team

There are 13 comments on the Sacramento Bee Newspaper story from May 2, 2011, titled Kurt Busch loses cool and blasts Penske race team. In it, Sacramento Bee Newspaper reports that:

There's little doubt Roger Penske made the right choice in skipping the NASCAR race at Richmond, a decision that spared him from the R-rated rant driver Kurt Busch launched against his race team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee Newspaper.

NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#1 May 2, 2011
Lets see, isnt this the kind of behaviour that Jr got ridiculed for so much. Guess its ok for Kurt Busch and OTHER drivers to be harsh with the team. They ALL do it, Jr does not have the monopoly on raising hell at his team!!!!! Just another point proven that Jrs haters tried to use against him.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#2 May 2, 2011
NCAG wrote:
Lets see, isnt this the kind of behaviour that Jr got ridiculed for so much. Guess its ok for Kurt Busch and OTHER drivers to be harsh with the team. They ALL do it, Jr does not have the monopoly on raising hell at his team!!!!! Just another point proven that Jrs haters tried to use against him.
Kurt and other drivers do get get mad and sometimes shoot off with their mouths, but they don't do it as consistantly as Jr was for a while there. Also Kurt has never said that making the chase was a pain in the a$$ if he wasn't guarenteed a chance to win it.
I'm not making excuses for what he did, blasting the team like that over an open radio frequency was wrong, you save that for the shop on Monday. He does have some good reason to be upset though. Nascar has always taken a back seat at Penske and being the only Dodge team is a disadvantage. He doesn't get the best equipment but he's usually competative with what he gets and that's a testament to his skill behind the wheel and his drive to compete. His car Saturday night looked like it was loose following the pace car, at race speeds it was scary to watch, he spent so much time sideways he looked like a local dirt track racer.
Kurt was wrong but Roger Penske needs to sh*t or get off the pot when it comes to his Nascar operation.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

#3 May 3, 2011
Why would Roger Penske want to waste his time at that bore fest at Richmond. Penske uses NASCAR for some easy money; he passion is with real race cars and real races, not those POS COT rolling billboards.
Barr

Temperance, MI

#4 May 3, 2011
Kurt is his own worst enemey. Not everyone can be like Jimmie but everyone doesn't have a crew chief like Chad Knaus who seems to be able to fix the car during the race. Since Kurt has been at Penske, when he has had a bad handling car it seems to stay a bad handling car. Either there is no variability built into it or the engineers don't know how to fix it. Or maybe they need to stop Kurt from telling them how to fix it.
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#5 May 3, 2011
A Busch is a Busch is a Busch!...
barr

Temperance, MI

#6 May 3, 2011
Mary, what the hell does that mean?
Mary

Fredericksburg, VA

#7 May 3, 2011
barr wrote:
Mary, what the hell does that mean?
A lot of people use that type of quote ("A ___ is a ___ is a ___") in reference to tell people not to be surprised about a situation because of past history.

In this case, I said "A Busch is a Busch is a Busch", because both the Busch brothers have been known to be hot/hard heads & also go balistic against others, friend or foe, after certain occurances, most of the time for no reason. For Kurt, look at his Jimmy Spenser encounters in 2002 & the Phoenix controversy in 2005, among others.

This isn't the first time Kurt (Or Kyle) have lost their cool after something didn't go their way, & it sure as heck won't be the last!... Hope I answered your question.
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#8 May 3, 2011
WWE CRASHCAR 2011 wrote:
Why would Roger Penske want to waste his time at that bore fest at Richmond. Penske uses NASCAR for some easy money; he passion is with real race cars and real races, not those POS COT rolling billboards.
If you dont like it, dont watch it. And for it to be easy money, Penske has a good record in NASCAR as well as them open wheel contraptions. I watch both, its racin, I like racin. Both NASCAR and Indy have those pros and cons, but like I said, I like racin. Are you personel friends with Roger? You appear to know a lot about his passions, only a close friend would know things like that. And as far as the rolling billboards, Indy Car has those too. Guess its hard for you to see that with the Indy cars being smaller and all. Its called sponsership. and without it, neither NASCAR or INDy would survibe. So, stop your whining little girl, at least thats what your whiny ass sounds like. agin, if you dont like NASCAR, if yoiu think its not real racin, then dont watch nit wit!!!
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#9 May 3, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people use that type of quote ("A ___ is a ___ is a ___") in reference to tell people not to be surprised about a situation because of past history.
In this case, I said "A Busch is a Busch is a Busch", because both the Busch brothers have been known to be hot/hard heads & also go balistic against others, friend or foe, after certain occurances, most of the time for no reason. For Kurt, look at his Jimmy Spenser encounters in 2002 & the Phoenix controversy in 2005, among others.
This isn't the first time Kurt (Or Kyle) have lost their cool after something didn't go their way, & it sure as heck won't be the last!... Hope I answered your question.
You go Mary girl!!!!! Shame you have to explain something that simple to someone!!LMAO Gitem Mary!!!!!!!!!
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#10 May 3, 2011
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people use that type of quote ("A ___ is a ___ is a ___") in reference to tell people not to be surprised about a situation because of past history.
In this case, I said "A Busch is a Busch is a Busch", because both the Busch brothers have been known to be hot/hard heads & also go balistic against others, friend or foe, after certain occurances, most of the time for no reason. For Kurt, look at his Jimmy Spenser encounters in 2002 & the Phoenix controversy in 2005, among others.
This isn't the first time Kurt (Or Kyle) have lost their cool after something didn't go their way, & it sure as heck won't be the last!... Hope I answered your question.
Some drivers are just that passionate about their job. It seems to be working for Kyle, he's spending a lot of time in victory lane.
barr

Temperance, MI

#11 May 3, 2011
and I guess none of the other drivers ever get mad at other drivers and say nasty things to them..

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#12 May 3, 2011
Old Kurt is just a little frustrated that he is stuck on the only Dodge team which means regardless of how hard he and the team try, he's still stuck in a POS racecar. Dodge simply can not put the funds into NASCAR that GM, Ford and Toyota can and money is speed plain and simply.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#13 May 3, 2011
Whoyakidding wrote:
Old Kurt is just a little frustrated that he is stuck on the only Dodge team which means regardless of how hard he and the team try, he's still stuck in a POS racecar. Dodge simply can not put the funds into NASCAR that GM, Ford and Toyota can and money is speed plain and simply.
Not only funds, butr the other manufacturers can collect data from multiple teams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Keselowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Logano apologizes for run-in with Biffle (Oct '09) Feb '15 dicswg22 10
News Edwards on crutches with broken foot but plans ... (Sep '09) Apr '13 hello 6
News Ryan Newman calls on NASCAR to name drug involv... (May '09) Feb '13 Michael 4
News Forget the tie -- give dad a Father's Day adven... (Jun '11) Feb '12 nataliefish123 2
News Ryan Newman, Tony Stewart make it a Stewart-Haa... (Jul '11) Nov '11 Ricky Bobby 32
News April Fooled: NASCAR Hoax Causes Web Frenzy (Apr '09) Oct '11 brian929 136
News Auto Racing Links: Brad Keselowski's ankle, Ton... (Aug '11) Aug '11 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
More from around the web