Source: Carl Edwards Will Not Be Suspended

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 124
A person familiar with the decision says Carl Edwards will not be suspended for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski's car during last weekend's NASCAR race in Atlanta. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Robert High Point

Tupelo, MS

#1 Mar 9, 2010
Sounds like he has Dale Earnhardt syndrome "I didn't mean to take him out I just meant to rattle his cage'". I'm not talking about Dale Jr.
Brad-ski Hater

Clemmons, NC

#2 Mar 9, 2010
All I have to say is KARMA!! Got what he deserved from the last few years. Maybe this will make Brad think twice before messing with anyone.
Dusty Roads

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 9, 2010
The bottom line is driver safety and fan safety.
Carl Edwards put a lot of people in jeopardy...other drivers and fans were put in harm's way because Carl got mad.
Take it off the track, man to man.
He should be parked, and fined. Period.
But this being The NASCAR Side Show of Racing, probably neither will happen.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#4 Mar 9, 2010
Suspended Edwards, no way. This is exactly the kind of stuff NASCAR wants to improve revenue.
ex race fan

High Point, NC

#5 Mar 9, 2010
It may improve revenue and boost tv ratings but you dont do that at 190 mph.
If I had a loved one in the stands and this idiot caused one to get hurt he would never had to worry about a little supension.
Save the back back for Martinsville or Bristol.
Sportsfan

High Point, NC

#6 Mar 9, 2010
It's nascar who cares, all nascar wants to talk about Danica Patrick... Why don't all the drivers focus on knocking JJ off the chariot that he been on for years it seems.
tville tim

High Point, NC

#7 Mar 9, 2010
Who cares. Nascar has got so boring i would just as soon watch the clouds in the sky.
I used to watch every race but please people it gets old watching the cars go round and round with no racing as all.
It is a good sleeping pill on Sundays.
Janet

Mesa, AZ

#8 Mar 9, 2010
Before Carl gets all the ultimate in penalties -- NASCAR needs to finally realize the little child poster boy (BRAD) is causing all these problems himself....lets review last year --- i.e., Denny Hamlin -- he too decided to even the score --- how many incidents like this do the drivers have to put up with before they decide to "fix" the situation. Ya know -- Brad is not the first driver in NASCAR to have been put in place by other drivers....GO CARL.
Kenny S

Athens, TN

#9 Mar 9, 2010
Carl Edwards pulled one of the worst stunts I have seen in a long time. Not only did he put Brad K. and fans in danger but he also is setting a precedent that says you can do about anything and not suffer consequences.
When the thugs moved into the NBA, pushing and shoving coaches and refs, never being punished in anyway for it because they are "superstars and we need them on the court to put people in the seats". That was when I stop watching the NBA.
I hope the pwers that be do not allow anything like this ever again and the driver go virtuaaly unpunished. It will hurt the sport I love so much and it will become the WWE on wheels. And we all know how ignorant and repulsive that crowd is.
Please, Nascar, rethink and put a stop to this activity. Come down hard on Carl E. He is expecting it anyway. Park him for a week or two. He's not going anywhere, he will be right there ready to make his millions just as always and maybe no one will be so stupid as to try that ever again.
Tommy

Paris, KY

#10 Mar 9, 2010
Edwards needs to go to anger management. It sure looks like he has a temper and has a hard time controlling it. Ask Matt (his teammate), remember the fist throwing. Busch race in 2006 when Carl sped down pit road just to crash into Jr during a caution. Carl hitting Tony on pit row in retaliation. The list goes on. The guy has a problem and needs to get some help. Don't get me wrong, Brad is no angel and he probably deserved a punt, but not at 195 mph. Edwards should have waited for Bristol.
B-man

Palm Springs, CA

#11 Mar 9, 2010
Who cares, NASCAR has always been looking to get into YOUR pants and pick your pockets clean. There is only one way to settle this. One on one slap the bitch silly! But nascar won't allow that. One can look all year long and see half the wrecks are intentional. Who cares if a driver gets killed it's what you want to see! There are many more waiting in line. And if NASCAR looses a fan or two they don't care. You could drive a car right through the stands and you may not hit one person, have you looked in the stands lately. Just watch the last 10 laps and you might see someone race. I spent years in NASCAR and NASCAR is in it for NASCAR. These drivers wear mittens,if it was real racing there would be a fight every race.
NASCAR is just a advertising tool that's all, send your donations to NASCAR.com . This form of racing is on it's way out ask anyone who knows racing! Large collection of nutless wonders.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#12 Mar 9, 2010
William Henry Getty France is probably spinning in his grave watching this bullsh*t go on. NASCAR doesn't need to call the driver to hauler, they need to call the owner to hauler and tell him to get his sh*t out of the garage and stay out if he can't control his people any better than that. Any owner that is willing to let his driver act in that manner needs to suffer in the consequences too. Subway and the other sponsors on the 99, need to step up and put the fear of God in Happy Jack's ass. If they are willing to let a driver with their name on the side of the car and spending untold millions of their dollars behave in this manner, then maybe it's time the customers spend their money somewhere else.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#14 Mar 9, 2010
So what are they going to do, take away points? Put him on probation?

If Edwards had taken Keselowski's life, injured or killed a fan or fans at Atlanta, their actions would be different.

My problem is this - Edwards' act put lives needlessly at risk. The fact that life was not taken is just plain dumb luck. He should not be rewarded for just plain dumb luck. NASCAR should suspend him for the rest of this season as a clear and distinct message to him and every driver.

This is a sport. The purpose of any sport is to entertain, not to put innocent lives at risk. Anything less than suspension or removal from the series is puts NASCAR's credibility in severe question.

The respect for life is what is in question here, and NASCAR has a RESPONSIBILITY to act like they care about that, instead of dismissing this act of stupidity as just one of them racin' deals.

This is more than an act detremental to stock car racing. This was an act of agression that almost went terribly wrong.

This is not sport.
Junior Nation

United States

#15 Mar 9, 2010
Tommy wrote:
Edwards needs to go to anger management. It sure looks like he has a temper and has a hard time controlling it. Ask Matt (his teammate), remember the fist throwing. Busch race in 2006 when Carl sped down pit road just to crash into Jr during a caution. Carl hitting Tony on pit row in retaliation. The list goes on. The guy has a problem and needs to get some help. Don't get me wrong, Brad is no angel and he probably deserved a punt, but not at 195 mph. Edwards should have waited for Bristol.
Don't forget last year when he attacked Harvick in the garage.

There has always been talk about Carl taking roids.. and as much as I don't ever want to believe that.. some times his actions makes a person sit back and wonder if there is any truth to the rumors.

This was a really big time bonehead move that could have resulted in severe injury or even worse death.
billy-bob243

Palm Springs, CA

#16 Mar 9, 2010
Brad couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dogs ass. Go Carl hit him going into turn one, let's test the safer barriers. Roger can get another driver waste him. Brad K-low large ass-wipe! Now lets get all the rest of the clowns on the track. Lets turn it into the circus that it is. Love that NASCAR!!!!!!
billy-bob243

Palm Springs, CA

#18 Mar 9, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
William Henry Getty France is probably spinning in his grave watching this bullsh*t go on. NASCAR doesn't need to call the driver to hauler, they need to call the owner to hauler and tell him to get his sh*t out of the garage and stay out if he can't control his people any better than that. Any owner that is willing to let his driver act in that manner needs to suffer in the consequences too. Subway and the other sponsors on the 99, need to step up and put the fear of God in Happy Jack's ass. If they are willing to let a driver with their name on the side of the car and spending untold millions of their dollars behave in this manner, then maybe it's time the customers spend their money somewhere else.
You need to drive a FORD and put down the BUD LIGHT and you spell shit-shit!
tom

United States

#19 Mar 9, 2010
Janet wrote:
Before Carl gets all the ultimate in penalties -- NASCAR needs to finally realize the little child poster boy (BRAD) is causing all these problems himself....lets review last year --- i.e., Denny Hamlin -- he too decided to even the score --- how many incidents like this do the drivers have to put up with before they decide to "fix" the situation. Ya know -- Brad is not the first driver in NASCAR to have been put in place by other drivers....GO CARL.
Carls a dum #ss .He almost took Dale Jrs hand off with his hot head ..now this.Someone will do a back flip on him and he want br standing on his feet ..watch and see.You seem to forget When Harvick was park for asomething that happen in the truck race ..What is the difference for Carl other than old Jack has all the money
tom

United States

#20 Mar 9, 2010
MarkL5 wrote:
So what are they going to do, take away points? Put him on probation?
If Edwards had taken Keselowski's life, injured or killed a fan or fans at Atlanta, their actions would be different.
My problem is this - Edwards' act put lives needlessly at risk. The fact that life was not taken is just plain dumb luck. He should not be rewarded for just plain dumb luck. NASCAR should suspend him for the rest of this season as a clear and distinct message to him and every driver.
This is a sport. The purpose of any sport is to entertain, not to put innocent lives at risk. Anything less than suspension or removal from the series is puts NASCAR's credibility in severe question.
The respect for life is what is in question here, and NASCAR has a RESPONSIBILITY to act like they care about that, instead of dismissing this act of stupidity as just one of them racin' deals.
This is more than an act detremental to stock car racing. This was an act of agression that almost went terribly wrong.
This is not sport.
I wonder if this is how Carls wants his daughter to act??

Since: Apr 07

United States

#21 Mar 9, 2010
EVIL SKULL wrote:
Carl Edwards placed on probation for next 3 races for incident with Keselowski!
OK...

You are a driver in the Sprint Cup series. You are a Jeff Burton, a Bobby Labonte, or Mark Martin. In other words, you are a driver who has NEVER been accused of what Carl Edwards just ADMITTED he did.

How are you as a fellow competitor and one of his peers supposed to feel about someone who has no consience for what he did? Who has no regard for the safety of his competitors and the fans who site trackside beyond his need for payback?

Three races?

If he had taken a life, would your tune be different? And to those people who say "Well he didn't take a life." What I have to tell you is this. People get put in prison on a weekly basis for taking shots at people who DON'T die.

That is what Carl Edwards did, and he should pay the price for it.
ExRacer

Lexington, NC

#22 Mar 9, 2010
Seems as though everyone is forgetting "Dega where Krasholowski put Carl in the fence and several fans were injured. BK never really come close to getting in the fence. BK's remark about killing fans, he needs to think back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brad Keselowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... 11 hr Let it go 6
Keselowski, Stewart Fined for Postrace Altercation Oct 14 THE BOZO SHOW 1
Female crew chiefs could be next for NASCAR Aug '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 4
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul '14 Joshua Cochrane a... 1
Drivers to watch at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Auto ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Norman2 1
President Obama should move to the center on tw... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 16
Jimmie Johnson keeps rolling on, eyeing 6 t h N... (May '13) Nov '13 whatsup 70

Brad Keselowski People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE