One spectator injured in Talladega cr...

One spectator injured in Talladega crash treated and released

There are 8 comments on the www.scenedaily.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled One spectator injured in Talladega crash treated and released. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

A Talladega Superspeedway spectator airlifted to Brookwood Medical Center for a medical condition following the Aaron's 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup race was treated and released Sunday night, according to a medical center spokeswoman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

Shut up n drive

Since: Oct 07

Rome, OH

#1 Apr 27, 2009
It appears like the fans will be alright.
Ron Jeske

Columbia, CA

#2 Apr 27, 2009
Shut up n drive wrote:
It appears like the fans will be alright.
I think that the article said one fan had a broken jaw and broken hip, and that doesn't heal quickly or without a lot of follow-on treatment. That isn't what I would call "alright."
Santiago

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 27, 2009
Wonderful news for the families.
justcurious

Portland, OR

#4 Apr 27, 2009
I agree a broken jaw isn't "alright" I haven't read anything about a broken hip. I am thankful that it wasn't much worse.
N419BH

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Hey, the NHL killed a girl with a hockey puck.

NASCAR has a broken jaw as a result of a 3,500 pound racecar full of fuel travelling 200 miles an hour hitting a fence 10-15 feet from spectators. The cables on said fence are...oh...about a half inch wide.

So yes a broken jaw hurts, and NASCAR ought to pay for the woman's lost wages and medical treatment, but I think overall, if you have to have a car fly into a fence, that's not a bad outcome at all.
COT

Germany

#6 Apr 27, 2009
You didn't see Bobby Allison get out of the car and skip around. Technology and the COT are safer. Not safe but safer.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#7 Apr 27, 2009
The most amazing thing about the race yesterday for me was hearing Carl say that was the first time he had ever flipped a racecar. He's been very fortunate to have raced this long without rolling one before now.
Stephanie

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 27, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
The most amazing thing about the race yesterday for me was hearing Carl say that was the first time he had ever flipped a racecar. He's been very fortunate to have raced this long without rolling one before now.
I caught that. That's amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brad Keselowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scarlett grace's dad (May '15) May '15 Sammie 1
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
News Keselowski And Stewart Fined After Charlotte Sc... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Let it go 12
News Keselowski, Stewart Fined for Postrace Altercation (Oct '14) Oct '14 THE BOZO SHOW 1
News Female crew chiefs could be next for NASCAR (Aug '14) Aug '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 4
More from around the web